Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 234194 times)  

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »
Thinking and praying for everyone. NYC, I hope everything turns out for you.

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
  • Member 2434
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2009, 10:10:26 AM »
NYC,
You are never alone.
HE is always with you.
And HE loves you.

just sayin.....

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline Neversleepsawink;)

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2009, 12:48:05 PM »
Please pray for me. I can't seem to stop crying. The pain of losing my baby, money worries, my husband's unemployment, the possibilty we may have to give up our home and move in with my in-laws (and they've made it clear our two cats are NOT welcome), and being generally overwhelmed with work to catch up on (I took a few weeks off to deal with my miscarriage) has all just come crashing down on me today. I suppose the fact that I had a 3 day migraine over the weekend and have been awake over 20 hours now because I'm too stressed out to sleep isn't helping. I know God never gives us more than we can handle but He's trusting me way too much right now. I still have my faith though.

God is with you.  All of us here are with you too in prayer.  Things will get better.  :)

Offline love2read

• Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2009, 03:13:26 PM »
NYC,

Just know that I am praying for you. Give yourself permission to cry and let the emotion out. I'm sure your body needs the release.

There is so much happening in your life right now. It all feels uncertain.

Just be sure to give yourself permission to also relax in God's loving arms. Let Him know how you feel. His shoulders are big enough to handle it and still comfort you.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring in any of the areas of your life right now but no matter what God will still be there and loving you more that you can imagine.

Lynn M

Offline PraiseGod13

• Iowa
  • <'///>< Member #54
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2009, 04:25:25 PM »
NYC -
    We're all praying for you.  You said something in your thread that struck a chord with me.  Just like everyone else, I've been through some pretty rough times in my life.  At one very low time, I went to my girlfriend's house crying and crying.... and I told her that I have always been told that God will never give you more than you can handle.... but I was positive that He obviously had me confused with someone else.
     Years later, I was giving a talk at a Christian women's week-end retreat.... and I told them the story of that very low time in my life.  And I told them the saying about God never giving you more than you can handle.  But, as I was preparing that talk.... it was like God spoke to my heart.  And what I then realized is that when you hear that saying.... what it does is put all of the burden to handle things on you.... and that's not only too much of a burden, it's incorrect.  It puts us right in the middle of depending on ourselves which we're not supposed to do according to scripture.  What that saying really should be is:  God never gives you more than you AND HE can handle together.  We aren't supposed to try to handle things on our own..... we can't..... they're often too overwhelming and then we feel like a failure.  He wants us to rely on Him..... He is our strength and comfort.  You have so much to deal with right now.... but one thing I know for sure..... He lives within you and will never leave you.  I'm praying that His will will be done... that's what Jesus taught us to pray and He gave us that prayer for a reason.  We're claiming it for your life!!

MaKK (K1) & Shemar (K3)
Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. ~ William Hazl

Offline Lynn

• Lake Wales Florida
  • Member #356
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2009, 05:04:16 PM »
Also praying for all of you.

Lynn L

Offline Cindergayle

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2009, 05:58:20 PM »
I will be having surgery on June 3rd. I would like to ask for your prayers. They would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy
Samantha,Isabella,James Ryan,Zack Thomas,and Stella's LaLa.

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2009, 06:18:38 PM »
I will be having surgery on June 3rd. I would like to ask for your prayers. They would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy

You are in my prayers.  :)

Offline stitch

• Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2009, 06:26:53 PM »
After reading and catching up on all the posts here, I just wanted to say that I will definately be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Offline Anju No. 469

• Lakeside, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »
Judy - that make so much more sense - you and HE - Thank you for your insight.

NY - we all are holding you and loving you and your husband.
Dona
on the shores of Lake Chapala, Mexico

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2009, 07:51:20 PM »
Ok my sister has a sick dog in the hospital.  He is 8 years old, and has a huge fatty tumor(not cancer, thank goodness) that decided to open itself up.  The surgery is going to cost $2,000.00 and money is really tight right now.  I won $100.00 on a $2 scratcher which I gave towards the bill...but that doesn't make a dent.  Please pray for Jake (my sisters dog).  Please pray that I will be able to find or raise the money needed to pay for his operation.  Thank you all in advance.

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »

Cindy

I will be praying for you Cindy and have noted the date on my prayer journal.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2009, 06:34:29 AM »
Praying for you and a successful surgery Cindy.
Praying for Jake that he will be able to have his surgery as well.

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2009, 07:31:37 AM »
Lifting you in prayer Cindy and also praying the funds will be available for Jake's surgery.

I noticed some new folks have dropped by. Welcome and thanks to all of you for your prayers!

Love,
Linda

Offline Cindergayle

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2009, 08:00:47 AM »
I will be praying for Jake. As the owner of four dogs, I understand the expense. My chocolate lab torn her acl a couple a years ago and had to have an expensive surgery.  I was fortunate that our vet let me make payments. I hope Jake can have his surgery and all goes well.

Cindy
Samantha,Isabella,James Ryan,Zack Thomas,and Stella's LaLa.

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »
I will be praying for Jake. As the owner of four dogs, I understand the expense. My chocolate lab torn her acl a couple a years ago and had to have an expensive surgery.  I was fortunate that our vet let me make payments. I hope Jake can have his surgery and all goes well.

Cindy

Thank you.  His surgery went smooth.  He should be home tomorrow.  They said he did awesome!!! :)

Update: Okay I've only told my hubby and want to surprise my son tomorrow because it's his 7th bday with my special news.  I took a test today, and I'm with child.  My son Elijah told me tonight, "There is one thing I really want for my bday...a baby."  It was hard not to tell him tonight.  Please pray this baby is "sticky", after my miscarriage last year it's scary.  Thank you everyone for your prayers.  :)

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2009, 10:40:26 PM »
Thank you.  His surgery went smooth.  He should be home tomorrow.  They said he did awesome!!! :)

Update: Okay I've only told my hubby and want to surprise my son tomorrow because it's his 7th bday with my special news.  I took a test today, and I'm with child.  My son Elijah told me tonight, "There is one thing I really want for my bday...a baby."  It was hard not to tell him tonight.  Please pray this baby is "sticky", after my miscarriage last year it's scary.  Thank you everyone for your prayers.  :)

I am so happy for you!! I am praying and will continue to pray for you daily. I am sitting here in the dark grinning like a goof ball!!  ;D

Happy Birthday, Elijah!!

WOO HOO... Ok, I will calm down now! ;D :D ;D :D

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2009, 10:44:33 PM »

I am so happy for you!! I am praying and will continue to pray for you daily. I am sitting here in the dark grinning like a goof ball!!  ;D

Happy Birthday, Elijah!!

WOO HOO... Ok, I will calm down now! ;D :D ;D :D

I can't wait to tell the whole family.  ;D

Offline SongbirdVB

• Crystal, Minnesota
    • View Profile
    • Songbird's Nest
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2009, 05:17:22 AM »
Yay Never!!  I'm so happy for you.  Prayers for a sticky baby!  Your son will be thrilled, what perfect timing!
Those that cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they must pass themselves; for every person has need of being forgiven.

Offline Wheezie

• Charleston, SC
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2009, 06:51:52 AM »
Never-
How WONDERFUL  :-*, what a blessing and the timing is impeccable.
Lots of prayers for a very "sticky" baby !!
Lettie

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
  • No. 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2009, 07:05:02 AM »
Great news, Never!

You have been in my prayers daily for a "sticky" baby.  :-*

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2009, 07:17:06 AM »
Please be in prayer for my cousin Ron and his family. Ron is a retired Vet and has been in chemo for lung and liver cancer. His latest scans show that the cancer has now spread throughout his brain and they are adding radiation treatments to the chemo. His wife Betty, is exhausted and they are still praying for a miracle. The doctors are not all that optomistic. I really hate to see them all suffering so.

Praise for me... I still had some mild pain/stiffness in my back when I got up this morning, but once I got to moving around there were NO SPASMS!! First day in nearly 2 weeks with no muscle spasms!! PTL!

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2009, 08:11:26 AM »
Great news about the baby!  :) I am so excited and was praying last night for you.

Angela praying for Ron & his family and praise the Lord that you are better.

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »
Thank you everyone...when I told my son this morning he started to do cart wheels...very cute.  He ran through the house saying "My mom is having a baby!"

Well we are off to Disneyland...according to the doctor I'm 4 weeks along.  My first OBGYN appt is set for June 17th.  Praying everything will be perfect.

I'm praying for everyone too.  :)

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »
^^  ;D

Have fun today with Elijah!

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac