KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 231791 times)  

Offline PraiseGod13

• Iowa
  • <'///>< Member #54
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »
Happy Birthday, Elijah!!  Awesome news Never!!!  You and that precious new baby-to-be will be in our prayers!

MaKK (K1) & Shemar (K3)
Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. ~ William Hazl

Offline Anju No. 469

• Lakeside, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »
Such wonderful news all around!  But I'm keeping the prayers going, no need to stop right now.
Dona
on the shores of Lake Chapala, Mexico

NYCKindleFan

« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2009, 02:45:03 PM »
Thanks so much for the prayers everyone. I am feeling a lot better and I know your prayers helped!

Never, your news was painful to hear and joyful at the same time. I hope this time you get your blessing! I am not yet allowed to start trying again but when we are I will ask for your prayers that we are blessed as well! :)

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2009, 03:02:26 PM »
Happy news Never. :) NYC, I'll keep you in my prayers. Angela, my mother died from the same cancer and it is a hard thing to watch. Good luck to cousin's family.

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2009, 10:20:21 PM »
Happy news Never. :) NYC, I'll keep you in my prayers. Angela, my mother died from the same cancer and it is a hard thing to watch. Good luck to cousin's family.

Thanks Kathy. I got an email from Betty tonight and it appears that they are calling the family in. Ronnie has so much swelling in his brain that he is incoherent now. Betty has a sister who is a retired nurse who will be arriving tomorrow to help out for the duration. I wish I was closer so I could go, but I am not allowed to ride in the car for more than shorts trips to the store and doctor right now. I will have to break the news to my mom tomorrow and it won't be easy. She has so few family members still alive. Please pray that if it is Ronnie's time that the Lord will take him quickly and painlessly.

Offline Neversleepsawink;)

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2009, 11:11:07 PM »
Thank you everyone!!! :D  I'm very excited.  Elijah had a wonderful birthday.  He told me his best present was me telling him I was pregnant.  :D He can't wait for his new baby brother or sister. 

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2009, 11:25:22 PM »
Glad you had a great day and that Elijah is so excited! :D

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
  • Member 2434
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2009, 08:32:02 AM »
Thanks Kathy. I got an email from Betty tonight and it appears that they are calling the family in. Ronnie has so much swelling in his brain that he is incoherent now. Betty has a sister who is a retired nurse who will be arriving tomorrow to help out for the duration. I wish I was closer so I could go, but I am not allowed to ride in the car for more than shorts trips to the store and doctor right now. I will have to break the news to my mom tomorrow and it won't be easy. She has so few family members still alive. Please pray that if it is Ronnie's time that the Lord will take him quickly and painlessly.
Angela,
I DO believe that God is behind everything. We sometimes cannot see the reason for it. I know that there have been times that I still do not see His reason.  But then I don't need to.  So I suspect that it is His will that you are not able to be there.  Perhaps so that someone else can and will step up. 
My brother-in-law died of lung cancer. You are right it is tough. I was selfish and did not want to go be with him but circumstances allowed me to travel and to be at his bedside at the end.  It was hard but I guess God wanted me to "be there" for my sister and her children.
I will be in prayer for you and your cousin and his family. And especially pray for Ronnie and for God's will.
Please, please take good care of yourself.  Don't stress.

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2009, 09:43:46 AM »
Thanks for the prayers and encouragement, Geoff!

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
  • No. 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2009, 09:53:19 AM »
Angela, both you & your family are in my prayers. It's in God's hands now, where it should be. Blessings to you all.

Offline Wheezie

• Charleston, SC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2009, 07:08:17 PM »
Angela,
I am so sorry to be getting to you so late.  I have been tied up all day with mom at her nursing home. I will be praying for you and your family for your health (continued improvement) and your brother-in law. It is out of everyones hands but Gods.
Huggs  :-*
Lettie

Offline Anju No. 469

• Lakeside, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2009, 07:23:34 AM »
Lettie - how are things going with you?
Dona

Offline Wheezie

• Charleston, SC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2009, 07:59:49 AM »
Anju-
Thanks for asking. My mother is continuing to slowly decline mentally, but her most pressing problem is a sudden onset of macular degeneration (wet=the bad kind). She getting treatments for it but it is tough because she has always been a avid reader and she is having a really bad time accepting it.
My brother (ongoing saga) is still in and out of the hospital directly and indirectly due to his drug use. I have just accepted that as the new norm and status quo as far as he is concerned. He is 2 states away, and that is good or bad depending on how you look at it.
I am much better because I have given up trying to control any of it.  :)
Lettie

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
  • No. 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2009, 09:53:03 AM »
Lettie, I am so sorry you have so much on your plate. As far as your mom, would should like a Kindle2 with text-to-speech? And with your brother, it seems the saying, Let go & Let God applies. Both my parents were alcoholics and it is an illness, both drug abuse or alcohol abuse. My own experience has been they will get help if and when they want it. In my case, they didn't.

I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »
Lettie, I am lifting you and your family up in prayer!

Latest update on my cousin Ron: The doctors decided on Friday to suspend all treatments as they were causing more harm than help and recommended Hospice be called in. Betty said with this being a holiday weekend, she doesn't expect the Hospice people to show up until Tuesday. My mom is not taking this news well at all.

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »
Lettie, I am lifting you and your family up in prayer!

Latest update on my cousin Ron: The doctors decided on Friday to suspend all treatments as they were causing more harm than help and recommended Hospice be called in. Betty said with this being a holiday weekend, she doesn't expect the Hospice people to show up until Tuesday. My mom is not taking this news well at all.

I'm so sorry.  Everyone is in my prayers.

Offline PraiseGod13

• Iowa
  • <'///>< Member #54
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2009, 06:28:02 PM »
Praying for God's presence and comfort for each of you.  He never promised us that this life would be easy.... but He did promise to be with us when it isn't......

MaKK (K1) & Shemar (K3)
Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. ~ William Hazl

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2009, 06:25:56 AM »
Keeping all of you in my prayers. His grace is sufficient...I have to remind myself of this.

Linda

Offline Anju No. 469

• Lakeside, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2009, 03:03:34 PM »
Praying for God's presence and comfort for each of you.  He never promised us that this life would be easy.... but He did promise to be with us when it isn't......

I do like this - thanks
Dona

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2009, 08:53:37 AM »
Hope you all are having a wonderful Memorial Day!

There has been no change with my cousin. There has however been a flare up with my back! I am finding myself back where I was Mothers' Day weekend. I can't stand without severe spasms. I did help Larry with the pool on Saturday. I didn't think I did all that much. All I did was use the net to remove some bugs and grass from the surface of the pool. I guess that was enough to aggravate the nerves. So, I am back on muscle relaxers and bed rest! I really need to be better by next weekend. Shanda will be graduating from HS and DD & gkids will be here.

Offline marianneg

• Dallas, TX
    • View Profile
    • Mariannerisms: my ramblings about books, TV, and life
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2009, 08:56:27 AM »
Take care of yourself, Angela.  Sometimes we don't realize how our normal activities put stress on our bodies.  Take it easy.
Read my blog about books, TV, and my life at mariannerisms.wordpress.com
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Friend me at Goodreads

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2009, 09:50:02 AM »
Hope you all are having a wonderful Memorial Day!

There has been no change with my cousin. There has however been a flare up with my back! I am finding myself back where I was Mothers' Day weekend. I can't stand without severe spasms. I did help Larry with the pool on Saturday. I didn't think I did all that much. All I did was use the net to remove some bugs and grass from the surface of the pool. I guess that was enough to aggravate the nerves. So, I am back on muscle relaxers and bed rest! I really need to be better by next weekend. Shanda will be graduating from HS and DD & gkids will be here.

Yikes!  I'm praying for spasms to vanish. 

Offline Anju No. 469

• Lakeside, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 25, 2009, 05:55:50 PM »
ANGELA - QUIT IT!

Don't help!  READ! Relax! Breathe Deeply! Take care of yourself, and let Larry take care of you!!!!!

This is your Great Aunt Dona being a bossy fusspot!

BTW HUG!
Dona

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 25, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »
ANGELA - QUIT IT!

Don't help!  READ! Relax! Breathe Deeply! Take care of yourself, and let Larry take care of you!!!!!

This is your Great Aunt Dona being a bossy fusspot!

BTW HUG!

LOL... Yes Mam! I promise to take it easy!  ;D

Hugs right back at cha!

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 26, 2009, 05:54:09 AM »
Take care of yourself Angela!