KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 231772 times)  

Offline love2read

• Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 04:44:15 PM »
Sailor, I'm so sorry for you loss. Please know that I will also continue to pray for your family.

Lynn M

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
  • No. 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 04:48:26 PM »
Sailor, My deepest condolences to you & your family. You will all be in my prayers. Suzi

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 05:07:42 PM »
I'm so sorry. I hope your sister is alright. I'll be praying for your family.

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 08:01:05 PM »
Sailor I am so sorry for your loss and I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Offline Lynn

• Lake Wales Florida
  • Member #356
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 10:24:30 PM »
Sailor- so sorry for your family's loss. I will keep you in my prayers

Lynn L

Offline mwvickers

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 05:48:56 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Sailor.  I will be praying for you and your family.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 06:19:06 AM »
Sailor I am so sorry for your loss.  I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Offline Anju No. 469

• Lakeside, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2009, 12:40:48 PM »
As I said in another thread - condolences Sailor
Dona
on the shores of Lake Chapala, Mexico

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 05:42:04 AM »
If any of you have a spare moment, would you please pray for one of my kitty-cats?  I have no children but my four-feets are are very precious to me.  Tuxedo is 13 years old and he was diagnosed with spinal lymphoma in October.  He completed the entire chemotherapy protocol a little over a month ago.  He responded very well to the treatment, but about a week ago his condition started going back down.  I had to take him in yesterday and we are going to start the chemo back up again.  His doctor had told us at the beginning that he might never be able to totally stop with the chemo, but it's still disappointing.  And I am having a hard time not getting depressed about it.  Come to think about it, would you mind slipping in a few words for me too?
Andra

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 05:45:11 AM »
If any of you have a spare moment, would you please pray for one of my kitty-cats?  I have no children but my four-feets are are very precious to me.  Tuxedo is 13 years old and he was diagnosed with spinal lymphoma in October.  He completed the entire chemotherapy protocol a little over a month ago.  He responded very well to the treatment, but about a week ago his condition started going back down.  I had to take him in yesterday and we are going to start the chemo back up again.  His doctor had told us at the beginning that he might never be able to totally stop with the chemo, but it's still disappointing.  And I am having a hard time not getting depressed about it.  Come to think about it, would you mind slipping in a few words for me too?
Andra

Andra I have 4 of my own and love them dearly. I will certainly pray for you Tuxedo. We loss our Tiger in December and I still miss him!

Offline mwvickers

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:04 AM »
Said a prayer for you and your cat.

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 07:12:55 AM »
Andra you are definitely in my prayers. I lost a sweet fur baby to kidney failure and it was like losing a family member. I try not to think about the day I may no longer have my Harley.

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 07:23:40 AM »
Please pray for me... As most of you know, my teenage niece moved in with me just over a month ago and I am beginning to feel trapped! I haven't been able to make my monthly trips to Houston (have missed 2 so far) and now I have to cancel my quarterly trip to Midland because of her being here. Since she doesn't drive and has no transportation of her own, my schedule now revolves around hers. I am beginning to be annoyed at every little thing she does or says. I know that satan is doing a number on me and I have a group of ladies at church who have been praying for me since Sunday and I can already feel a difference, but I figured the more praying, the better!!

Please pray that my attitude will improve. Also be praying for her and her dad & stepmom and their relationship. It would be so awesome if my brother (her dad) would step up and ask her to come live with him. Shanda invited her dad & stepmom to come over on Saturday for pre-prom pictures and even asked her stepmom if she would help her with her hair... that is a HUGE step in the right direction! PTL  I think Shanda is more excited about seeing her dad than the actual prom!! ANYWAY, I appreciate you guys and am so thankful I have friends I can call on for prayer, even though we have never met face-to-face.

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 07:51:17 AM »
Angela you will be in my prayers. Satan has a full time job keeping us in a state of turmoil and enjoys every minute of it.

I am in need of prayers from my friends here also. There are 4 in the department I work in and they are letting 2 go. I am low man on the totem pole. I've know for about a month and being in limbo is tough. I try to focus on God and my faith but sometimes the devil has his way and I worry.

I love my job and the people I work with. I am praying that God's will be done and I know that He never gives us more than we can bear. At my age I certainly don't want to be looking for another job.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:21:54 AM by Linda Cannon-Mott »

Offline mwvickers

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 08:18:06 AM »
Please pray for me... As most of you know, my teenage niece moved in with me just over a month ago and I am beginning to feel trapped! I haven't been able to make my monthly trips to Houston (have missed 2 so far) and now I have to cancel my quarterly trip to Midland because of her being here. Since she doesn't drive and has no transportation of her own, my schedule now revolves around hers. I am beginning to be annoyed at every little thing she does or says. I know that satan is doing a number on me and I have a group of ladies at church who have been praying for me since Sunday and I can already feel a difference, but I figured the more praying, the better!!

Please pray that my attitude will improve. Also be praying for her and her dad & stepmom and their relationship. It would be so awesome if my brother (her dad) would step up and ask her to come live with him. Shanda invited her dad & stepmom to come over on Saturday for pre-prom pictures and even asked her stepmom if she would help her with her hair... that is a HUGE step in the right direction! PTL  I think Shanda is more excited about seeing her dad than the actual prom!! ANYWAY, I appreciate you guys and am so thankful I have friends I can call on for prayer, even though we have never met face-to-face.

Praying.

Offline mwvickers

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 08:18:52 AM »
Angela you will be in my prayers. Satan has a full time job keeping us in a state of turmoil and enjoys every minute of it.

I am in need of prayers from my friends here also. There are 4 in the department I work in and they are letting 2 go. I am low man on the totem pole. I've know for about a month and being in limbo is tough. I try to focus on God and my faith but sometimes the devil has His way and I worry.

I love my job and the people I work with. I am praying that God's will be done and I know that He never gives us more than we can bear. At my age I certainly don't want to be looking for another job.

Praying, Linda.

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »

I am in need of prayers from my friends here also. There are 4 in the department I work in and they are letting 2 go. I am low man on the totem pole. I've know for about a month and being in limbo is tough. I try to focus on God and my faith but sometimes the devil has His way and I worry.

Linda, you know I will be praying for you, too.

Praying.

Thank you!

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 08:40:05 AM »
Thank you everyone - I am not quite so down now.

Angela and Linda, I am praying for you both.  Another thing that has helped me is remembering to focus on what is within my control.  It seems like a little thing, but try it.

Angela, you can find a teeny space of time for yourself and plan something even if it's not a trip.  Get a massage, have your nails done, go spend some time curled up with a good book (er, Kindle book).  If you do a little for you, it might help your attitude.  Music also has an effect on me.  If I am down and listen to something I really like, I feel better.

Linda, my husband works for Dell, so we go through re-orgs and lay-offs pretty frequently.  It's hard, but if you focus on the bad stuff, your work performance will go downhill and you are worse off.  Just continue to do the best job that you can and quietly update your resume on the side.  We joke that if Duane gets laid off, he can go work for (insert well-known management software name here) and then come back to Dell as a consultant!

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 08:54:22 AM »
Thanks Andra... actually, a pedicure is sounding pretty good! :)

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
  • Member 2434
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 08:56:35 AM »
Linda, I am in prayer for your situation.  And yes we hope to seek God's will in all this.

Angela. Darlin' you have a kind heart to have welcomed the child into your home.  And it is only natural for you to resent the demands on your life that that change has made.  But you will be blessed many times over for seeking and doing His will. And we will consider it a privilege to "pray you through" it.  Just keep doing what you are doing.
Just sayin......

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 10:24:19 AM »
Linda, I am in prayer for your situation.  And yes we hope to seek God's will in all this.

Angela. Darlin' you have a kind heart to have welcomed the child into your home.  And it is only natural for you to resent the demands on your life that that change has made.  But you will be blessed many times over for seeking and doing His will. And we will consider it a privilege to "pray you through" it.  Just keep doing what you are doing.
Just sayin......

Thank you for the encouragement and prayers, Geoff!

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
  • No. 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 11:44:03 AM »
First, I must thank God we have such a wonderful place to come to, to ask our friends to lift us up in prayer. Thank you, Lord!

Andra, you & Tuxedo will be in my prayers. What a loving mommy you are to be taking such good care of him the way you do.
Proverbs 12:10 (New Living Translation)  10 The godly care for their animals, but the wicked are always cruel.

Angela, you also will be in my prayers. I'm sure it is a difficult and frustrating situation, but it will reap benefits both for you and Shanda. This is something that Shanda will never forget, the kindness you have shown her. And God will also remember your deeds and bless you a thousandfold for it.

Linda, I will lift you up in prayer about your employment concerns. Do the best you can right now at work. Take the high road if worse comes to worse and you are let go, because they will remember that behavior when the time comes that they need to hire new people down the road. And lay it at the foot of the cross.

I will pray for all of you that God brings a peace to your heart, and this peace will help you through these difficult times.

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
  • Member 527
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »
Angela, I see so many kids who have no family to go to when they need to.  It is such a blessing that your neice has somewhere safe to be, that is also familiar to her. 
deb
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

Offline Neversleepsawink;)

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 01:43:28 PM »
Hi everyone, I would like to join this prayer group.  I'm going to try having a baby again, last summer I lost my baby at 3 months.  It was horrible...hospitalized for almost a month.  I got very ill.  Not to mention the room full of baby gifts that I had gotten and bought for my Angel was devestating to come home to.  I'm nervous about trying again, but know prayer will help me feel better about trying.  Please pray for me and my family...I am praying if I'm blessed to get pregnant again, this baby will be "sticky" one.  Thank you.   

For all of those that asked for prayer...I'm praying for you :)

Offline Anju No. 469

• Lakeside, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »
Andra - our furbabies are like our kids and it is going to be tough for you but you do have us here thinking of you and loving you and praying for your strength.

Angela - what can I say, with a heart as big as yours!  Yes it is normal to feel some frustration, but you are so lucky to be doing this, and I am so proud you are my friend.  We do love you and all will be praying for you.

Linda - I was laid off so many times in my work life, but each time it turned out to eventually be a blessing.  It is not a pleasant situation but your faith and your friends, particularly us, will get you through this time.  Also you are low man, which means you make the least, which means you probably will be able to stay.  I am so glad I retired early because there have been so many lay-offs in my "industry" and I know I would have been one.  God works in His own way and I will be praying for your strength for whatever He decides for you.  But you know you have lots of virtual hugs and love and prayers here.

Never - it is wonderful to have you join us and I will add you to my list for God's plan for you.

Dona
on the shores of Lake Chapala, Mexico

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac