KB Featured Book
Lord of the Rings
by J.R.R. Tolkein

$
Kindle Edition published 2009-04-17
Bestseller ranking: 786

Product Description

All three parts of the epic masterpiece combined in one definitive edition of the text.

Sauron, the Dark Lord, has gathered to him all the Rings of Power - the means by which he intends to rule Middle-earth. All he lacks in his plans for dominion is the One Ring - the ring that rules them all - which has fallen into the hands of the hobbit, Bilbo Baggins. In a sleepy village in the Shire, young Frodo Baggins finds himself faced with an immense task, as the Ring is entrusted to his care. He must leave his home and make a perilous journey across the realms of Middle-earth to the Crack of Doom, deep inside the territories of the Dark Lord. There he must destroy the Ring forever and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose. Since it was first published in 1954, The Lord of the Rings has been a book people have treasured. Steeped in unrivalled magic and otherworldliness, its sweeping fantasy has touched the hearts of young and old alike.

Author Topic: Hyperlinking other books in the Amazon store from Kindle?  (Read 790 times)  

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
Hyperlinking other books in the Amazon store from Kindle?
« on: June 21, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »
Hi there!

Does anyone know how to insert hyperlinks to the Amazon store from a Kindle book? You know, like they have at the end of the samples (not the "buy this now," but the one that takes you to the store's page for more information). I'm swapping excerpts with another indie writer, and we want to be able to link directly to one another's books at the end if it's possible.

Offline John Hartness

• Charlotte, NC
  • Nothin' in life can't be fixed with enough beer.
    • View Profile
    • Johnhartness.com
Re: Hyperlinking other books in the Amazon store from Kindle?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »
In my document before I upload it, I insert a hyperlink. I use Scrivener, so it's a little different than in Word, but both of them work the same.

Write the TITLE of BOOK

Highlight the words you want to turn into a link.

Click on "Insert Link"

Then type the URL in the box.

Pretty easy after the first time.
Urban Fantasy with a Kevin Smith twist and a shot of whiskey

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
Re: Hyperlinking other books in the Amazon store from Kindle?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »
If I link to the book in the Amazon website, will it go straight to the Kindle store, like in the samples? I thought it would go into the browser to open the link.