KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox  (Read 21464 times)  

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Tracking book sales - TrackerBox
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:08:42 PM »
I don't know how any of you track your book sales over time between Kindle, PubIt, Smashwords, etc... But I'm two months in and I hated dealing with the spreadsheets, and trying to combine them to see totals across all sites.

So I wrote some software called TrackerBox. It imports monthly sales data from KDP, PubIt, Smashwords, CreateSpace, and All Romance eBooks (I'll add the ability to import others if you have a spreadsheet you'd like to loan me). You can sort them by author (it supports multiple pen names), vendor, and title and you can see very quickly using the various charts how your sales have been doing over time on the various sites.

Check it out! http://www.storyboxsoftware.com/#TrackerBox

Offline J.A. Marlow

• View Profile
    • J.A. Marlow Blog
Re: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »
The screenshots look great. Currently I'm doing it with spreadsheets and pivot tables. It would be nice to have a software that could do it automatically. Could there possibly be a Mac version somewhere down the line?
J.A. Marlow - Discover worlds of wonder!

Writing Groove - Keep moving forward, be productive, connect with fellow writers, and find your personal writing groove!

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »
It's certainly possible - but I'd rather be writing books :) The Mac version would take quite a bit longer to produce, for me. I know of someone else working on the same problem using java (which should work on OSX) here: http://magicbakeshop.org/wordpress/.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 10:16:52 PM »
I just uploaded the latest version of TrackerBox today. It has some performance improvements, author aliases (for those pesky cases when your author names don't quite match between vendors) and a few other fixes.

You can see the list of updates (and download it) here: http://www.storyboxsoftware.com/tdownload.htm

Offline C. Arcy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »
Hi Mark,

Is there a Mac version in the works?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 10:37:05 PM »
Not at this time. I explained why in this thread http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,143035.0.html, but basically, it comes down to not having enough experience programming for the Apple UI. It would take me quite a while to learn while still getting my writing done, which is my first priority (except for when someone reports a bug or a report change).

Trust me, I would love to do it. I just don't have the time.

There are some options, though, for running it on a Mac. You can use Parallels (not free) or VirtualBox(free) to run windows inside OSX.

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 10:50:41 PM »
Because I must always stan for Mark, though he hasn't the foggiest idea who I am: I LOVE trackerbox. It's my favorite program on The Citadel.

(Too obscure for a writing forum?)

Offline Deanna Chase

• New Orleans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:52:42 PM »
Because I must always stan for Mark, though he hasn't the foggiest idea who I am: I LOVE trackerbox. It's my favorite program on The Citadel.

Plus 1

Offline Mathew Reuther

• Vista, CA
  • Creating brave new worlds, one word at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Mathew Reuther
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 11:14:15 PM »

That's a massive endorsement.
Author of the Urban Fantasy Police Procedural Dire Crimes Series:

free reads
website
mailing list

facebook
goodreads
twitter

kb thread
^Dire Calls 1-4Writing is hard. Not writing is impossible.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 11:26:11 PM »

I'll take it, even though I'm completely clueless as to the reference.

Offline Susan Kaye Quinn

• Susan Kaye Quinn, speculative fiction author
    • View Profile
    • Susan Kaye Quinn, Author
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 04:24:16 AM »
I'm talking up TrackerBox on my Indie Business Talk series today. :) #fan
Susan Kaye Quinn, SF author www.susankayequinn.com
See the live-action trailer for the Mindjack Trilogy, my future-noir Debt Collector serial trailer, and the trailer for my MG fantasy novel Faery Swap.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 08:54:55 AM »
I'm talking up TrackerBox on my Indie Business Talk series today. :) #fan

I like this bit!
This unassuming piece of software will change your life.
I'm not even kidding.

Thanks for writing that up.

Offline jasonzc

• Mostly Texas
  • Five more novels before I retire to write.
    • View Profile
    • Write to Life
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »
I haven't been able to get it to run under XP. I installed the .net bit, which led to me needing to install some windows visual components or something.

The executable runs, but doesn't present an interface.

Otherwise, it looks very useful. Any tips for getting it to work short of upgrading my OS?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »
Did you install Service Pack three for XP? That's required, too. I know it runs on XP, and that it hasn't ever required a lot of screwing around to make it work. If you're still having trouble email me support AT storyboxsoftware DOT com, and I'll help you figure it out.

Offline jasonzc

• Mostly Texas
  • Five more novels before I retire to write.
    • View Profile
    • Write to Life
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
Did you install Service Pack three for XP? That's required, too. I know it runs on XP, and that it hasn't ever required a lot of screwing around to make it work. If you're still having trouble email me support AT storyboxsoftware DOT com, and I'll help you figure it out.

Downloading it now. Thanks a lot.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 10:14:41 AM »
Uploaded a new build of TrackerBox today. I added support for the latest ARe reports and a new filter that lets you choose to see free, paid, or borrows individually or in any combination.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:19:02 AM by Mark Fassett »

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 03:25:54 PM »
So, three days later, I've uploaded a new build. It has a fix for a bug that a couple people found when importing books that have had their titles changed. I also added support for Overdrive and Amazon Vendor Central (don't ask me what it is - I'm not certain I can answer the question correctly).

I'll be working on Draft2Digital support this week. I've already started, but I had to get the fix out.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 09:12:52 AM »
I released version 1.0.31 of TrackerBox this morning.

I added Draft2Digital support and changed CreateSpace reporting so that the various channels are broken out as separate vendors to give you a better idea of where those books are selling. It also fixes an issue with improper currency reporting for CreateSpace titles sold in Europe and the UK.

Offline Kwalker

• Virginia, USA
    • View Profile
    • www.kellywalker.net
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 09:47:24 AM »
Yay! Thanks for adding D2D. Love this =)

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:29 PM »
You're welcome. It'll be getting another update later this week which will fix a couple issues that someone noticed with the LSI importer.

Offline ~Suzanna~

• Canada
  • Living in the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 02:46:02 PM »
I really like this software and after testing it, just purchased it today. However, I wanted to let you know that my Kobo sales aren't showing correctly - only about 1/3 of the sales are showing up in Trackerbox. Is this something you're aware of and are working on? I notice that you say Kobo sales are still in beta. (For now, I'm keeping my Kobo reports in a separate database.)

Suzanna Medeiros | Suzanna\\\'s Website | Facebook

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »
Mark,

I see I haven't given you the "author services" welcome that makes you official, so here it is:

Welcome to KBoards! 

You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Caf, but we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar:  you may have one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time.  New threads about the service will be removed.  Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again to post to.  And, you may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days.  If someone responds (such as this post), you may reply but otherwise must wait seven days, thanks!

Also, active members (10 or more posts on our forum, active in the last 60 days) may have a listing in the Yellow Pages for Authors

Betsy
KBoards Moderator
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Soothesayer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 03:00:06 PM »

I'm Commander Shepherd, and I endorse this post.

Offline jimkukral

• View Profile
    • Author Marketing Club
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 03:10:03 PM »
I hate installing stuff. Why no web version?
Jim F. Kukral The Tools the Best Selling Authors Use:   http://www.AuthorMarketingClub.com

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 03:24:01 PM »
I really like this software and after testing it, just purchased it today. However, I wanted to let you know that my Kobo sales aren't showing correctly - only about 1/3 of the sales are showing up in Trackerbox. Is this something you're aware of and are working on? I notice that you say Kobo sales are still in beta. (For now, I'm keeping my Kobo reports in a separate database.)

Send me an email at the support address (or using the bug reporting tool from within the app), and include the report that isn't working. I've only seen a couple Kobo reports so far, and it's entirely possible they've changed something since the last one I saw. I'll get it fixed before I upload the next update.

Mark,

I see I haven't given you the "author services" welcome that makes you official, so here it is:

How'd you miss it?!! I've been hanging around for years (check the date on the first post of this thread). Anyway, I'll do my best to behave :D

I hate installing stuff. Why no web version?

I hate storing my financial data on random small business person's server, and I imagine other people would, too. This way I don't have to manage logins, subscriptions, or people's concerns that I'm spying on their sales figures. I've had competitors that have been web based. They failed. I'm still here. Besides, I'm not much of a web developer. :)