KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox  (Read 21451 times)  

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
  • Destroyer of Science Fiction
    • View Profile
    • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
Re: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2014, 04:28:39 AM »
At createspace, go to the reports link. Click. Choose Royalty Details tab. Down load THAT report. It will import into Trackerbox. The others won't.

I did. Doesn't work.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2014, 04:34:44 AM »
I did. Doesn't work.

Oh... now I am stumped because it works for me. Silly question here. Are you certain you haven't already imported those particular reports? If no error is given, then it usually means the report is imported ok. Importing the same CS reports that are already in Trackerbox won't give an error except maybe Google would.

I would use the email to Mark and ask him to help, or you could do what I have done in the past. I copied my .bst to the desktop for safekeeping, deleted the original and then when I ran Trackerbox it asked me to create a publisher just like it did on day one. Then I used the import function to import all my reports at once by highlighting all of them in the window. Doing this means a fresh database, but you will be asked to name the author and the alias again the first time. It will take about 10mins if you have all your reports on your comp.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2014, 06:57:16 AM »
There is a bug where, if you import one of the wrong Create space reports, it won't give you any sort of error. If you are certain you're importing the "Royalty Details" report, then please send me a copy of one of the ones that isn't working (you can use the reporting feature in the help menu, or just send me email to support @ storyboxsoftware.com), and I'll figure out what the problem is.

One other possibility that sometimes happens is that people open the files in excel (right from the browser) and save it in excel before importing, and that doesn't work. You have to save it straight to the hard drive without opening it in excel, first. Excel can subtly modify the formatting of the report and cause them not to work.

Offline travelinged

• New Mexico USA
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2014, 08:59:52 AM »
I just did that, accidentally got title reports instead of detail. Also, make sure it is for a month, starting on day one and ending on the last day of the month. On one I put in Feb 1 to Feb 31, which gave me a report for Feb 1 to March 3 and it wouldn't work.
"Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves." -- Dorothy Parker

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2014, 07:41:02 PM »
OK, got the Createspace ones to work. What do I do with the Google Play reports? Also download by month and import the csv? Does that work?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »
OK, got the Createspace ones to work. What do I do with the Google Play reports? Also download by month and import the csv? Does that work?

It should. You want the Transaction Reports, not the Earnings Reports.

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2014, 08:57:18 PM »
It should. You want the Transaction Reports, not the Earnings Reports.

Good. I'll use that when I have a full month of data.

I'll be buying this software. I know just enough about Excel to inflict major damage on a spreadsheet, and can't be bothered to learn. I'd been thinking to pay my daughter (Finance/ Economics student) to keep the spreadsheets sorted for me, but this is cheaper :P

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2014, 10:04:05 PM »
I just added my first ACX month to Trackerbox. I created a report myself using Mark's template. Worked perfectly first time. I don't know if ACX send reports... i haven't seen one yet. I just used the numbers off my dashboard and divided my royalty by the number of sales to figure out the unit $

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2014, 02:32:00 AM »
Update on Google Play data:

I imported the Transactions file for all my sales and downloads since December. No need to split into single month-by-month files.

I presume that, as with the Smashwords file, you can drop a newer version over the older imported version without records doubling up (this is the most awesome of awesome capabilities, btw)

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2014, 11:31:34 AM »
I presume that, as with the Smashwords file, you can drop a newer version over the older imported version without records doubling up (this is the most awesome of awesome capabilities, btw)

Yes, this is exactly what should happen. There is one caveat with Google, though. They recently (this month), changed their format and changed how they identify books. Instead of using an ISBN, they're now using something they call the GGKEY. This will make new records look like different editions, so you may have to delete old Google records for any dates that you import a second time. If you JUST imported your Google results for the first time with a newly downloaded report, that shouldn't be an issue for you.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »
Yes, this is exactly what should happen. There is one caveat with Google, though. They recently (this month), changed their format and changed how they identify books. Instead of using an ISBN, they're now using something they call the GGKEY. This will make new records look like different editions, so you may have to delete old Google records for any dates that you import a second time. If you JUST imported your Google results for the first time with a newly downloaded report, that shouldn't be an issue for you.

The GGKEY is assigned when you create a book and don't give it an ISBN. My two box sets for example have GGKEYS because each one contains three books and I didn't want to waste one of my ISBN on them.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2014, 12:26:09 PM »
Ah, so maybe, if you've supplied ISBNs, you might not have a duplicate record issue. The new reports I've seen have only had GGKEYs, though, and the reports I saw prior to this month only had ISBNs.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »
Ah, so maybe, if you've supplied ISBNs, you might not have a duplicate record issue. The new reports I've seen have only had GGKEYs, though, and the reports I saw prior to this month only had ISBNs.

Google gets the ISBN from the author (or whoever owns the account) when they upload the content etc. I use ISBN even though its unnecessary because I always have and the files are all the same for all vendors. The box sets are reasonably new, and I just couldn't see the point of using ISBN on books that individually already had them so... shrug

It's only a guess, but the reports you saw must be from people who used the print ISBN when they uploaded to Google, or they did what I did and had them on the electronic versions from the old days of Apple requirements or something.

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »

My GP report (downloaded yesterday, and I never sold anything through them until this week) shows both.

My older books have ISBNs. For the newer ones, I haven't bothered. I consider ISBNs a relic of an antiquated book distribution system (and I used to work in that system). But that's subject for another thread :P

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2014, 09:34:10 PM »
What if I have sales from a site that's not listed (and that does not send spreadsheets)? If I make a spreadsheet (now, that's a dangerous statement: me making a spreadsheet), how does it need to be set up so that the site can read it?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2014, 11:41:27 PM »
There's a template spreadsheet that you can download and fill out. It's linked from within the help file.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2014, 11:47:49 PM »
There's a template spreadsheet that you can download and fill out. It's linked from within the help file.

And it works great for Audible stats :)

Hey Mark, did you read my PM? Any thoughts on it?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2014, 11:53:17 PM »
And it works great for Audible stats :)

Hey Mark, did you read my PM? Any thoughts on it?

I don't seem to have a PM from you that's recent.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2014, 12:27:37 AM »
I don't seem to have a PM from you that's recent.

Ah oops...wrong PM! Sorry!

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2014, 12:39:02 AM »

Awesome! Thanks.

Online David Beers

• Athens, GA
  • Killing things one word at a time
    • View Profile
    • David Beers, Author
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2014, 02:12:45 AM »
I am just continually amazed by the ingenuity on this forum. I'm definitely going to purchase this. Thank you!

Craft first.
Website | Amazon

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2014, 06:41:01 PM »
I just released TrackerBox Version 1.0.41.

It contains updates for All Romance, Apple, and Smashwords.

Offline Christine Kersey

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »
Mark - I just bought TrackerBox and I'm excited to be able to import all of those reports. However, I have a Mac, and as I read through former comments I saw that Mac users will get a free copy for their Macs. I have Parallels desktop on my Mac, but I'd rather use the app directly in my Mac. Is that offer still open? How close are you to having a Mac version?

Thanks for developing this software!

Christine Kersey | Website

Offline Andie

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2014, 09:04:47 PM »
I'm also very interested in hearing how the Mac version is coming along. Would love to be able to use this software. :)

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »
I'm about half way done with the mac version (which means there's probably still 90% of the work to do). I'm targeting the end of August to have it done.

I'm still going to offer the mac version to existing windows version users at the time of release. If you buy the windows version on August 30th, and I release the Mac version on August 31, you'll still be eligible for the offer.