KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox  (Read 21433 times)  

Offline Brandon Shire

• View Profile
    • BrandonShire.com
Re: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2014, 09:41:47 AM »
Been using another product, but this looks better. Going to try it.

Brandon Shire | Website | Twitter

Offline Gretchen Galway

• California
  • Caution: puppy is larger than he appears
    • View Profile
    • Gretchen Galway
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2014, 04:13:56 PM »
Finally bought this and loaded it on a windows machine (Linux desktop with VMWare) and I am in LOVE. Oh, my. I self-pubbed my first title on Jan 30, 2011, and I got so behind tracking individual sales per vendor per title, etc, I just gave up and only tracked revenue.

This was incredibly fast. Well worth $60 if you factor it by the hour inputting into Excel.

*love*

Gretchen Galway

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
  • Destroyer of Science Fiction
    • View Profile
    • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2014, 12:42:37 AM »
Suddenly Trackerbox won't recognise OmniLit/ARe files. What was I doing wrong again?

I'm downloading by calender month, and they don't offer more than one report type option.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2014, 12:45:50 AM »
More than likely, they changed the report format. Contact me using the bug report link in the app, and I'll help you get it figured out.

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »
More than likely, they changed the report format. Contact me using the bug report link in the app, and I'll help you get it figured out.

OK done, thanks

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
So, Amazon has changed the report format, and while I can update TrackerBox to a degree from my own reports, I'm not a Select member, and my books aren't in KU. Would any of you lovely people who are using TrackerBox and have some books in KU/Select mind sending me a copy of your July report? I'd like to test my changes against real data before inflicting the next build on you.

If you're willing, just send it to the support email address (it's in the help file, in the "Still Lost" section).

Thanks ahead of time.

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
Happily (for me)/Sadly (for you) I'm not in Select. It won't read my July file at all. Will you let us know here when it's fixed?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2014, 03:41:46 PM »
I'm hoping to have it updated to handle the changes in the next few hours. I'm almost done, but the one thing I'm really looking for right now is someone that ran a free promo in July. The detail report will be able to split out the different types of free, but I have to verify the Free - Promotion string they used. On the help site, they used an emdash in the string, but the Free - Price Match uses a hyphen. I want to make sure that emdash isn't a typo.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »
Okay, the fix is in - I mean, UP!

Version 1.0.44 contains the following changes:

• Updated Amazon importing to support changes for July 2014 reports (including KU support)
  • Records where Units Sold and Units Refunded are equal and have a Net Income value of zero will no longer be reported as Free
  • The Transaction Type column of the Detail Report will now split out Amazon transaction types into Free: Price Match, Free: Promotion, Sale: Matchbook, and Sale: Kindle Countdown in addition to the existing Sale and Free types.
  • Updated DriveThruFiction importing to match their latest changes.
  • Fixed TrackerBox Import Format importing so that it adds records for the same title from the same vendor on the same day together.
  • Fixed an issue that caused free downloads and sales to be lumped together if they have the same date. If you have this issue in your records, you can reimport the files that contain the original records and it will separate those into sales and free
  • Fixed an issue with ARE reports that caused an empty report (no sales) to not be recognized

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2014, 09:36:04 PM »
Thanks!

Trying it straight away...

Oh--oops!

The detailed report/sales by title shows all kinds of random stuff across all titles and pen names.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2014, 10:03:20 PM »
What kind of stuff? Could you email me at the support address and we can figure this out?

Edit:

Uploaded a new version that fixes the issue, which was just a couple of missing parentheses.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:56:42 AM by Mark Fassett »

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2014, 03:19:53 PM »
Thanks!

Online Diane Patterson

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »
Any update on a Mac version?

Diane Patterson | blog | twitter | facebook

Offline PhoenixS

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2014, 04:49:08 PM »
Hey Mark, feel free to reach out to me for any load testing you might need to do. Our July report has 1742 line item entries; 49,000 sales; and 40,000 freebies - so I usually have plenty of data to test with.

I uploaded the new version today, and so far all looks good (just waiting for Kobo reports now). Thanks!

One question: Kobo issues credits for its promos. Is TrackerBox set up to import those spreadsheets and do those deductions?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »
Unfortunately, it's not set up to do those Kobo credit reports right now. It shouldn't be hard, but I don't have any of the reports to work with (both the sales and credit reports that match them).

@Diane The mac version is still underway - I've just had a lot of life things getting in the way, so progress is stupidly slow.

Offline PhoenixS

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »
Unfortunately, it's not set up to do those Kobo credit reports right now. It shouldn't be hard, but I don't have any of the reports to work with (both the sales and credit reports that match them).

If that's something you want to add at some point, let me know. I've got a matched pair with 1070 regular sales (about $3500) and the credit memo with ~520 credits (for about $950). Credits are over 8 or 9 books.

Just a nice-to-have. Far behind the Mac versioning ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:49:13 PM by Phoenix Sullivan »

Online Diane Patterson

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2014, 08:27:39 PM »
@Diane The mac version is still underway - I've just had a lot of life things getting in the way, so progress is stupidly slow.

Thanks for the update!

Diane Patterson | blog | twitter | facebook

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2014, 02:08:11 PM »
Audible has finally started giving us proper downloadable financial reports. Any chance we could get them incorporated into Trackerbox?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
If they have real data (dates, unit sales, and net income info), I can do it. The problem has been that none of their reports that I have seen contain all three of those items.

Offline DRMarvello

• North Idaho
    • View Profile
    • The Vaetra Files
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2014, 03:41:22 PM »
Mark: I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. I've been using TrackerBox for about 18 months now, and I love it. Your speedy problem resolution has been fantastic and the simple upgrade process has been a blessing. I don't envy you having to maintain a product that has to keep up with so many third party vendors, but you do a wonderful job.

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2014, 03:34:38 AM »
If they have real data (dates, unit sales, and net income info), I can do it. The problem has been that none of their reports that I have seen contain all three of those items.

I can send you one if you want. I can't promise ACX won't change the format on you, but I guess you're used to that by now.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2014, 08:58:56 AM »
Mark: I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. I've been using TrackerBox for about 18 months now, and I love it. Your speedy problem resolution has been fantastic and the simple upgrade process has been a blessing. I don't envy you having to maintain a product that has to keep up with so many third party vendors, but you do a wonderful job.

Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate them, and I'm glad TrackerBox is still meeting your needs.

Offline Brandon Shire

• View Profile
    • BrandonShire.com
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2014, 02:46:04 PM »
Just tried to download latest update and got a win32:malware-gen warning from my security system.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2014, 04:26:08 PM »
Please contact me at my support address (support @ storyboxsoftware.com) with more details. More than likely, this is a false positive by your security system. win32:malware-gen appears to refer to a host of applications that install additional software intended to spy on your system. I don't include other software with my app, and I never will. Any one of my tech savvy users on this thread can confirm it.

Offline Brandon Shire

• View Profile
    • BrandonShire.com
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2014, 09:53:44 AM »
Please contact me at my support address (support @ storyboxsoftware.com) with more details. More than likely, this is a false positive by your security system. win32:malware-gen appears to refer to a host of applications that install additional software intended to spy on your system. I don't include other software with my app, and I never will. Any one of my tech savvy users on this thread can confirm it.

I'll contact you.