KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox  (Read 21454 times)  

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2014, 09:06:53 AM »
Mac TrackerBox Status: http://markfassett.com/1502/trackerbox-mac-on-indefinite-hold

I wish it were some other way, and I feel really bad about having to make this announcement, but my health has really left me little choice.

Offline John Twipnook

• The beautiful Shenandoah Valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2014, 09:29:54 AM »
Mac TrackerBox Status: http://markfassett.com/1502/trackerbox-mac-on-indefinite-hold

I wish it were some other way, and I feel really bad about having to make this announcement, but my health has really left me little choice.

No problem. Sorry about your health. Feel better.

Online Chrissy

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »

Wishing you good health and peace of mind.  Thanks for creating the programs you have for all of us!  :)

P.S. Good luck with your books too

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
  • Destroyer of Science Fiction
    • View Profile
    • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2014, 02:51:19 PM »
Mark, I mentioned Trackerbox on a really popular blog post of mine. I hope you're getting some business from it, because I've had a good number of outgoing links :P

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2014, 10:30:33 PM »
Thanks! I haven't really seen anything yet. It's that pesky 45 day trial :) I may know in 45 days, though!

Offline K.B.

• Ohio
  • Something in the way
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2014, 10:37:35 PM »
And my very first Macbook arrives tomorrow  ???

Good luck Mark, and know that you've created an amazing piece of software.

K.B. Nelson | Website | Twitter | Facebook

Offline TexasGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »
Glad I found this thread. I was just wondering if Trackerbox had upgraded for KU so I could buy it without figuring out a way to do another trial (my first trial crashed and burned, but I'm going to give it another go. I *have* to find a better way to track things now.)

Feel better, Mark.

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2014, 01:25:53 PM »
Yes, they've upgraded for KU.

I've now had about 80 referrals to Trackerbox from that single post on my blog (detailing all my selfpub sales--I do this every year) to the Trackerbox download page. I've had questions about it, so people have downloaded it.

I think it's an awesome program.

Improvement suggestion: I'd like to have pages where I can see, on one single page:

- A list of titles with sales numbers
- A list of venues with sales numbers
- the above in graph/pie chart form
- a better way of dealing with various currencies in the earnings report.

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2015, 07:50:05 PM »
My computer is about to die. I haven't yet installed the very latest version (because it's something about Nook Press, which I don't use), but can I simply dowload that version on the new computer without any de-activating on the current computer, which has severe screen issues?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »
Yes. You'll have to put your registration key in, but there's no hardware or internet check to worry about.

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2015, 02:46:16 PM »
Yes. You'll have to put your registration key in, but there's no hardware or internet check to worry about.

OK I may be contacting you later. I'm still limping between computers, but the one that has my emails (with the registration key!) is the one with the bunged up screen. Unfortunately, Microsoft software is the worst affected by the graphics card failure. I can sort of use the internet, but Word and Outlook and Excel have become virtually unusable.

Thanks for responding. Wish I could get the same level of response out of Adobe about my CS5.5

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2015, 03:13:44 PM »
If you can't find the registration, just email the support address when you get your mail moved over (from the address you used when registering), and I'll resend it. It'll take about a minute, once I see the email.

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2015, 03:29:27 AM »
Hey Mark, did you ever update Trackerbox to take ACX reports? I'm still using the template you supplied to create a sheet to import.

Online Lydniz

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Credentials
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2015, 03:34:59 AM »
Can I ask the same question about Scribd?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2015, 08:32:00 AM »
@Mark - I haven't yet, but it will be coming. The work I do that pays really well has taken up a huge pile of my time the last month and a half.

@Lydniz - This would be the very first time anyone has asked about Scribd. TrackerBox does support Srcribd indirectly via D2D and Smashwords. I would need to see copies of their reports, and probably a few more people asking, before I add direct support. You can do what Mark is doing by copying the numbers into the TrackerBox import format (there's a link to the spreadsheet template in the TrackerBox help).

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2015, 11:31:08 PM »
Ack, help!

The program needs some escape or cancel buttons.

I got the file on the new computer, thought I needed to re import all the files and highlighted a bunch. It wanted me to add stuff to the database, but I thought it would be much easier to simply copy the .bst file into the relevant directory. But I can't cancel this process! Do I now have to press "skip", something like 200,000 times to get out? I can't even close the window in the task bar.

*cries*

Where does that damn .bst file hide anyway?

I need an "export file" function.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:46:46 PM by Patty Jansen »

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #166 on: May 05, 2015, 05:04:58 AM »
Ack, help!

I got the file on the new computer, thought I needed to re import all the files and highlighted a bunch. It wanted me to add stuff to the database, but I thought it would be much easier to simply copy the .bst file into the relevant directory. But I can't cancel this process! Do I now have to press "skip", something like 200,000 times to get out? I can't even close the window in the task bar.

*cries*

What I did was install the program on my new comp and then just double clicked my .bst file (i keep mine in dropbox) Trackerbox opened as if it didn't even know it was a clone :)

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #167 on: May 05, 2015, 08:43:09 AM »
Ack, help!

*cries*

Yikes - yeah it does need a cancel button, I guess. Hit Alt-F4, and it "should" close the program.

The .bst file, if you didn't change the default location when creating it, is probably in your Documents folder, and like Mark said, if you copy it over and double click it, it should just open in TrackerBox without issue.

Offline Leslye Penelope

• View Profile
    • website
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2015, 05:04:59 AM »
I really love TrackerBox! It makes everything so painless.  Will the software need an update to deal with the KDP Select changes?

Thanks!

L. Penelope | website | twitter | facebook | newsletter

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »
It will, but until I see what the reports look like, I won't actually be able to produce the update. My guess is that page reads will end up in the same column as sales, with another sale type (just like borrows and free downloads do).

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2015, 09:12:32 PM »
Awesome. I'm loving Trackerbox.

Offline KaiW

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2015, 03:09:23 AM »
Consider doing a Mac version sometime? Pretty please?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2015, 04:11:36 PM »
Consider doing a Mac version sometime? Pretty please?

That request comes up a lot, and I have considered it, even to the point of doing quite a bit of work on it. But in September of last year, it became quite apparent that I just couldn't complete it for a number of reasons that I outlined in a blog post back then. I truly wish I could answer your request with a hearty "It's right around the corner!", but I just don't have the bandwidth, and my quest to find help has fizzled, so far.

There are some interesting, inexpensive ways to be able to use TrackerBox, though. You can find tablets that run full versions of Windows (not the crippled RT version) that would be able to run TrackerBox for only a couple hundred dollars, and you can find laptops at that price, too (like the HP Stream for about $190 on Amazon). You can also use virtualization software like Parallels or VirtualBox to install windows into a virtual machine on your Mac. These can be set up so that Windows apps can "look" like they're running on your mac, without all the Windows stuff that goes with it.

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2015, 09:59:20 AM »
Trackerbox works great on Windows 10 if you were wondering, but you do need to right click the icon and run as administrator. I used the properties thing and ticked the "run as administrator" box so I don't need to remember.

EDIT: Okay I spoke too soon. Even running as administrator it hangs when i try to read last month's reports. I'll try in compatibility mode and get back to you.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2015, 10:50:33 AM »
That shouldn't be anything specific to Windows 10. My own reports (small as they are) imported without issue.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac