KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox  (Read 21459 times)  

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
  • Destroyer of Science Fiction
    • View Profile
    • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
Re: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2016, 05:14:56 PM »
Reporting that I'm still very happy with this software and Mark's responses.

What I would love:

The capability to split sales easily per vendor. Yes, you can sort-of do it, but it's cumbersome, and you can't easily see a report that tells me my percentages of sales or income per platform per time frame. A pie chart would be so awesome!

I'd like to be able to merge all the various vendors into one (like all the gajillions of Google Play entries) in the same way you can do this with titles.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2016, 05:40:03 PM »
Which report are we meant to use for smashwords? When I do the quarterly report it only shows B&N and Apple, it doesn't actually show downloads from the actual smashwords site.

I recommend using the yearly reports, and not the quarterly ones. If you need the quarterly ones, you know it. They only show sales you've been paid for, which means you end up having to wait more than three months to find out what your sales are.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2016, 05:43:35 PM »
Reporting that I'm still very happy with this software and Mark's responses.

What I would love:

The capability to split sales easily per vendor. Yes, you can sort-of do it, but it's cumbersome, and you can't easily see a report that tells me my percentages of sales or income per platform per time frame. A pie chart would be so awesome!

I'd like to be able to merge all the various vendors into one (like all the gajillions of Google Play entries) in the same way you can do this with titles.

Vendor aliasing is on my radar (I've wanted that for myself). I have plans to add additional reports, too, but it's going to require an overhaul to how I build that screen. You'll probably see the vendor aliasing before seeing more reports.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2016, 07:41:13 AM »
Hey guys, has anyone tried importing D2D report for Jan 2016? Mine won't go.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2016, 10:33:27 AM »
You know the drill, Mark :) If it doesn't work, they probably changed something. If you wouldn't mind sending it to me, I'll get it working by the end of the week. I'm not in D2D, so I can't test my own.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2016, 10:54:06 AM »
You know the drill, Mark :) If it doesn't work, they probably changed something. If you wouldn't mind sending it to me, I'll get it working by the end of the week. I'm not in D2D, so I can't test my own.

Already did, Mark. I only asked here hoping for the magic answer

Offline Marseille, France or Bust

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2016, 10:59:35 AM »
I use booktrakr. Sends me daily reports.

Patrice Williams Marks | Website/Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter | Youtube

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2016, 12:22:08 PM »
I use booktrakr. Sends me daily reports.
I've always feared that site. I cannot stand the thought of all my passwords under one site's control. My career under the control of one lucky hacker? NOPE!

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2016, 12:43:41 PM »
I've always feared that site. I cannot stand the thought of all my passwords under one site's control. My career under the control of one lucky hacker? NOPE!

Which is the very reason I've resisted adding daily update functionality to TrackerBox, even though it's been requested multiple times. One mistake, and a lot of people's lives are potentially severely ruined. And, in the case of having the app be a web site, depending on where the server is hosted, the mistake might not even be mine.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2016, 11:30:13 AM »
Since last time, I've added Vendor Aliases, support for Lulu, XinXii, and BundleRabbit, support for just importing the single zip file from Apple (you no longer have to unzip it before importing), and other bug fixes.

Offline Diane Patterson

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2017, 10:20:10 AM »
Mark: does TrackerBox work with WINE?

Diane Patterson | blog | twitter | facebook

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #236 on: February 04, 2017, 12:35:47 PM »
I have never tested it. You could certainly take the demo and try it, but I don't know that TrackerBox is a big enough product for the wine devs to care about.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2017, 06:13:02 AM »
Has anyone imported their latest Kobo data into Trackerbox? Mine won't go.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2017, 12:50:58 PM »
I just uploaded a new build that supports the Kobo changes. I know you emailed me earlier, Mark, it just took some time before I discovered that my emails to you were bouncing.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2017, 05:54:14 AM »
I just uploaded a new build that supports the Kobo changes. I know you emailed me earlier, Mark, it just took some time before I discovered that my emails to you were bouncing.

Thanks Mark. New version works with the Kobo reports again. I white-listed your domain. Looks like storybox was on the naughty step.

Offline Dr Luck

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 04, 2017, 07:36:46 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks Mark for creating this product (& Storybox). They're both invaluable to me

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2017, 01:21:54 PM »
Oh Man, Dr. Luck, I completely missed your thanks! So thank you for thanking me! I love hearing that my software is helping people! It keeps me going!

I want to let you all know that there are a couple things going on with regard to my software.

First, I learned today that the in-app problem reporting may have a short life. I'm looking for other solutions, just in case, but if you have a problem and it's not working, you can always use the support email address. Details here: http://markfassett.com/1591/in-app-problem-reporting-tool-may-be-going-away-and-kickstarter-news

The other thing, just in case you haven't yet heard, there are a little less than three days left in the TrackerBox Mac Kickstarter campaign. You'll get a discount and beta access.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/markfassett/trackerbox-mac-track-your-book-sales-on-osx

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac