Shop Foodie Calendars Now! Shop Dog Calendars Now!
KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox  (Read 21453 times)  

Offline BBGriffith

• Denver, CO
  • Purveyor of Fine Escapism
    • View Profile
    • Griffith Publishing
Re: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »
Chalk me up as another trackerbox fan. Just bought the software after taking the trial period out to the limit. Well worth it.
  | | |

Offline Diane Darcy

• View Profile
    • Diane Darcy
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 08:58:51 AM »
I'm adding my endorsement as well. I love this program. I only had a vague idea of where I stood with my sales until I purchased it. Now I add everything mid-month and know exactly where I'm at. Once a month anyway. Lol. Love it!   

Offline Olivia (Lady O)

• PBG, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »
A reminder about all your forgotten Mac users ...

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 09:16:59 AM »
A reminder about all your forgotten Mac users ...

They are not forgotten. I can't say exactly when, but... not forgotten. PM me if you want to be added to an email list for when 'when' happens.

Online ~Suzanna~

• Canada
  • Living in the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »
I just wanted to update people about the Kobo situation (and I'm sure Mark will be around to add his input as well.)

I sent Mark my last two Kobo reports so he could look at why all my sales weren't being input. He worked his programing magic and sent me a new test build of the program -and  I'm happy to say that the problem with my Kobo numbers has been fixed!  Thank you again, Mark, for looking into this so quickly!   :D

Suzanna Medeiros | Suzanna\\\'s Website | Facebook

Offline Vera Nazarian

• Vermont
  • Trudging along...
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 02:43:36 PM »
Bummer, but I will have to uninstall this one -- tried it with the hope that my Win 7 already has the prerequisite Net 4 Assistant, etc. but I am not going to mess with the Windows stability and start adding various service packs. It always ends the same way, you add one, then that one requires another, and the next one needs an update, and so on.

Nope, nope, no way.  I cannot afford an out-of service machine...

QUALIFY -high-octane dystopian SF teen adventure in apocalyptic vein of DIVERGENT & THE HUNGER GAMES
Vera Nazarian | Website | Mailing List | Facebook | Twitter | Wattpad

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »
Bummer, but I will have to uninstall this one -- tried it with the hope that my Win 7 already has the prerequisite Net 4 Assistant, etc. but I am not going to mess with the Windows stability and start adding various service packs. It always ends the same way, you add one, then that one requires another, and the next one needs an update, and so on.

Nope, nope, no way.  I cannot afford an out-of service machine...

I went ahead with the net 4 thing and it works fine. No stability issues.

Offline Vera Nazarian

• Vermont
  • Trudging along...
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 03:47:01 PM »
I went ahead with the net 4 thing and it works fine. No stability issues.

Thanks!

Maybe I'll try it again some time later on another machine. Can't risk this machine. But it really does sound like a wonderful tool....

QUALIFY -high-octane dystopian SF teen adventure in apocalyptic vein of DIVERGENT & THE HUNGER GAMES
Vera Nazarian | Website | Mailing List | Facebook | Twitter | Wattpad

Offline VickiT

• Australia
  • Vicki Tyley
    • View Profile
    • Vicki Tyley - Novels of Mystery and Suspense
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 05:15:49 PM »
Thanks, Mark. Looks great. Downloading now...

Cheers
Vicki

Also available from Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and Smashwords
Visit Vicki's website: www.vickityley.com

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 01:31:57 PM »
I just uploaded Version 1.0.32, which includes the Kobo fix (anyone with Kobo reports will definitely want to re-import those to see if TrackerBox was underreporting them). It also fixes an issue with Lightning Source reports from different countries overwriting each other (instead of adding on!!! More sales please!). There are a few other minor fixes, too.

Offline dalya

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »
Yay! You just added D2D!!! I'm so happy! I downloaded the trial a couple weeks ago and was bummed it wasn't importing those. I figured you'd fix it soon enough. ;-)

Offline Nicole Ciacchella

• Michigan
  • Mmm, coffee...
    • View Profile
    • Words Escape Me
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 01:42:04 PM »
I'm Commander Shepherd, and I endorse this post.

You and SM Reine are my people. I'm Commander Shepard, and KB authors are my favorite people on the Citadel.

Also, I've been using TrackerBox for several months now, and I love it. It's so nice to be able to pull in my figures from all vendors and be able to generate graphs and reports. I also love how it allows me to look at all my books at once or to just look at certain books and/or pen names. It's dead handy.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 09:22:43 AM »
I released 1.0.33 just now. It fixes the imports for KDP this month, and also makes a fix for PubIt reports with UK sales.

If you use PubIt and you had UK sales on the same day as US sales, you might have only seen a record for the US or the UK sale, and your sales will report lower than they actually were. The thing to do would be to check your reports from PubIt (the actual report and not TrackerBox), and see if you have any UK sales. If you do, open TrackerBox, select the Detail Report from Reports, filter it so that it only shows the PubIt records, and then right click and delete any records that occurred on the days you had UK sales. Then, reimport the PubIt spreadsheet. This will fix those records and, as a side benefit, you'll have your UK and US sales from PubIt broken out.

Nook Press support is coming toward the end of this month.

Online ~Suzanna~

• Canada
  • Living in the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
Thank you, Mark! I tried importing my KDP report earlier today and nothing happened. It's great to know you're on top of these things.  8)

Suzanna Medeiros | Suzanna\\\'s Website | Facebook

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »
With the release of TrackerBox v1.0.34, I've added support for Nook Press and fixed a couple problems for the latest Kobo reports.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »
I released a small update to TrackerBox today (link in my sig), and I'm hard at work on the Mac version. I try not to mention release dates for software there are far too many things that can go wrong but I'm hopeful I will have it ready for release before I have to do another update. Unlikely, but I'm trying.

Offline Monique

• California
    • View Profile
    • Written by Monique
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2013, 11:34:58 AM »
Mac! Mac! Mac!

Monique Martin | author website | facebook | twitter

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2013, 04:34:04 PM »
I released a small update to TrackerBox today (link in my sig), and I'm hard at work on the Mac version. I try not to mention release dates for software there are far too many things that can go wrong but I'm hopeful I will have it ready for release before I have to do another update. Unlikely, but I'm trying.

Questions:
1.) Will the same .bst files work in both the PC and Mac versions? And if so...
2.) Will I be able to use the license I bought for the PC version to use a Mac version, too? Or will I need to buy a second license? I have a Windows desktop and an Air, and it would be nice to be able to obsess about my sales on both.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 06:31:28 PM »
1) Yes, the same .bst will work on both. I don't have the brainpower to manage two different file formats :)

2) Up until the point in time that I call the mac version "final", meaning that I trust it to not ruin your sales data and force you to start all over, anyone that chooses to buy the Windows version will be elligible for a free license for the Mac version. After the release, they will be separate, though might have a cross-grade discount.

My reasoning for the difference before and after is that before hand, people may be purchasing the PC version of TrackerBox to run under a virtual machine or something (I have a couple of people that are doing that) when they would have preferred the Mac version. I don't want to punish them for helping me out early.

As for why I'm going to charge for them separately after release, they really are two separate programs that do the same thing and I have to do twice the work for every change.

Hope that makes sense.

Offline Diane Patterson

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 06:34:03 PM »
MAAAAAAAACCCCCC!!!!

(I actually bought an Asus netbook to try out your software. I have LITERALLY never used Windows before in my life, and all I have to say about the experience is, "What the I don't even." So I'm very, very excited that a Mac version is near!)

Diane Patterson | blog | twitter | facebook

Offline Alan Petersen

• San Francisco, CA
  • I write high octane thrillers.
    • View Profile
    • High Octane Action Thrillers from Alan Petersen
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 06:37:09 PM »

Thanks Mark! I'm glad to read that you're hard at work on a Mac version! Do you have a sign up form/waiting list for Mac users? I've signed up to be notified of replies to this thread, but not sure if you have an email list that you'll email notification for when it's ready.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »
PM me or email support at storyboxsoftware.com to get on the beta list.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2013, 11:05:02 AM »
Time for a TrackerBox update. I just released 1.0.36 which adds Google eBooks support and has some fixes, one of which is for Draft2Digital. The Draft2Digital importer was missing same day sales from different territories that used the same currency. Reimporting the D2D reports will add back any missing sales.

Also, the Mac version is coming along, though a little slower than I had hoped. Life is getting in the way.

Offline P.T. Michelle

• View Profile
    • P.T. Michelle
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2013, 11:29:15 AM »
Mac, Mac, Mac, Mac! Pretty, please! I'm PMing you to get on the list. :)

BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS is currently FREE | HARM'S HUNGER is currently FREE

Offline johnaburks

• Newcastle, OK
    • View Profile
    • John A Burks, Jr
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2013, 05:23:30 AM »
I've had it running for a day now and gotten everything input into it. Amazing little piece of software and Mark was amazing at helping me figure out an initial problem I was having. Well worth the money.

I have it running in a Windows VMware machine and am seriously looking forward to a Mac version.

John A Burks | Webpage | Facebook