KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox  (Read 21452 times)  

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Tracking book sales - TrackerBox
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »
I uploaded a new version today. 1.0.37 primarily fixes an issue with "some" Nook Press reports where they wouldn't import at all, and also fixes an issue with the latest Kobo reports that could result in TrackerBox not importing the last record in the report. If you've already imported July's Kobo sales, update and try again. You might just get an extra sale or two.

http://www.storyboxsoftware.com/tdownload.htm

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2013, 11:30:48 AM »
It's been awhile.

I just uploaded version 1.0.38 of TrackerBox. It supports the latest change that Amazon made to their reports.

Some of you are probably wondering where the Mac version is. It's in the same place my writing is at the moment, as explained here. I wish it wasn't taking so long, but other parts of my life have had to take priority.

Offline Sarah Stimson

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Sarah Stimson - blog
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2013, 11:36:14 AM »
I am going to PM you to be added to the "Hurrah Mac has arrived" list when it happens.

Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time though x

Sarah Stimson | blog | facebook | twitter | google+

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2013, 01:29:01 PM »
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Mark. It means a lot to me that you continue to update this program promptly. Thanks for the excellent support.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »
Thanks for the support :) I'm getting back on track, but it's a slow process.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2013, 01:50:12 PM »
Thanks for the support :) I'm getting back on track, but it's a slow process.

Version .38 works great, mate. The new format report only came out today and you already fixed your software. You can't do better than that!

Offline Sandra K. Williams

• Sacramento, CA USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »
Thank you for all the fast updates, Mark.

I've had problem reports a couple of times and Mark fixed the problem the same day both times.

Offline MonkeyScribe

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2014, 09:48:14 AM »
Are there any Amazon Publishing writers who use this? Can it integrate AP reports?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:49 AM »
Nobody has yet asked me to add support for Amazon Publishing, and I haven't added support for publishers directly because getting copies of the reports is problematic and there are so many of them. TrackerBox does have a generic spreadsheet you can fill out to import numbers from vendors and publishers that aren't directly supported.

Offline MonkeyScribe

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2014, 10:26:02 AM »
Nobody has yet asked me to add support for Amazon Publishing, and I haven't added support for publishers directly because getting copies of the reports is problematic and there are so many of them. TrackerBox does have a generic spreadsheet you can fill out to import numbers from vendors and publishers that aren't directly supported.

Okay, thanks for the answer. I'm messing around with my trial right now.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2014, 11:37:33 AM »
I use trackerbox to keep things straight. I wish it had a proper graphing feature, but I make do by screenshots of the homepage for that one thing. I do like looking at graphs when I am trying to figure out trends.

What it is really useful for is keeping table data totals of all books, vendors, channels, dates, sales, and units sold etc. It currently supports all my vendor reports except Google, but Mark is currently working on a new version to support Google--the reports changed and messed his software up. He is usually very quick to respond to these things. I doubt I will be waiting long. I do recommend the software. It's not expensive really and I find it useful for keeping all the reports in one easy to read place.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
You know Mark, in relation to graphing, all you've gotta do is ask for what you'd like to see :) Though, any big feature changes won't happen until after I get the Mac version done (it won't be too much longer, now, I hope). I want to keep the two versions in sync, as much as possible.

Offline TK aka BB

• At my desk, yet not working.
  • Motivational Picture.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »

Downloaded the free trial. Going to start importing tomorrow morning to see how it works.

I was so sorry to read about your life rolls. Bless your heart; that's a huge amount to deal with. I'm so sorry.

TK

Offline Cleo

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »
I get the Mac version done (it won't be too much longer, now, I hope)
This is the best news I've had all year!

*takes out credit card*

Actually... is it possible for Mac people to order ahead of time? I already know I'm going to buy it, and maybe it'd be helpful to the developer...

First books in series free :-)
Cleo Peitsche | My blog | Twitter

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2014, 12:59:22 PM »
Actually... is it possible for Mac people to order ahead of time? I already know I'm going to buy it, and maybe it'd be helpful to the developer...
Everyone that orders the windows version before the Mac version ia available (including everyone that already owns a license) will have an opportunity to get the Mac version for free. After the mac version is released,  they will be separate purchases, so if you want both, buy soon :)

Offline Diane Patterson

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »
Though, any big feature changes won't happen until after I get the Mac version done (it won't be too much longer, now, I hope).

Woot! Woot!

Diane Patterson | blog | twitter | facebook

Offline LBrent

• NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
Will the free Mac version be updated as well?

If so, I might take the buy one/ get one deal in case I need to use my daughter's Mac in the future.

Offline P.T. Michelle

• View Profile
    • P.T. Michelle
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2014, 12:25:26 AM »
How close is the Mac version to being released? SO, SO ready for this!

BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS is currently FREE | HARM'S HUNGER is currently FREE

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2014, 03:26:43 AM »
You know Mark, in relation to graphing, all you've gotta do is ask for what you'd like to see :) Though, any big feature changes won't happen until after I get the Mac version done (it won't be too much longer, now, I hope). I want to keep the two versions in sync, as much as possible.

Go back to your inbox Mark! I did ask for graphs waaaay back!  :P The trend graph and bars on the front page are useful, but I would like to compare graphically how each book is doing over time. So Book A in January has x sales, but in Febuary it increased by x sales or y percent... that sort of deal. Pie charts are fancy. I like them for looking at an entire series of books, but its really the line and bars for each book rather than an "all books" trend line I am looking for.

The idea would be to watch how each of my marketing efforts effects the lines.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2014, 07:20:10 AM »
Go back to your inbox Mark! I did ask for graphs waaaay back!  :P The trend graph and bars on the front page are useful, but I would like to compare graphically how each book is doing over time. So Book A in January has x sales, but in Febuary it increased by x sales or y percent... that sort of deal. Pie charts are fancy. I like them for looking at an entire series of books, but its really the line and bars for each book rather than an "all books" trend line I am looking for.

The idea would be to watch how each of my marketing efforts effects the lines.

So selecting "By Month->By Title Net Sales" or "By Month->By Title Net Income" from the Reports menu doesn't have the graph you're looking for? You might have to click the Chart tab at the bottom of the report. You can then filter by title and everything else to see what you want.

How close is the Mac version to being released? SO, SO ready for this!

I'm working on it daily. I wish there was a word count target to hit :)

Will the free Mac version be updated as well?

The license will be a full license, and will eligible for updates just as if you had bought it at full price. It's a "thank you" for supporting me because I know there are a few people that are using TrackerBox inside virtualization software like VirtualBox and Parallels.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2014, 07:27:03 AM »
So selecting "By Month->By Title Net Sales" or "By Month->By Title Net Income" from the Reports menu doesn't have the graph you're looking for? You might have to click the Chart tab at the bottom of the report. You can then filter by title and everything else to see what you want.

Sorry, I'll try to explain better. The charts give you a line, but not bar graph or a way to print them unless you do a screensave and crop job. What I'm looking for is a way to see the data in line, bar, or pie, and print that so that I can compare separate graphs of separate books side by side.

So for example, let's say I have a permafree and I run a book bub on it. I want to see how that effects the other books down the line from the promo. At the moment I have to put all the series on the same graph and screensave that.

Sorry for my lack of clarity.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2014, 12:44:46 PM »
Well, right now, you can see them side by side (or one on top of the other) if you open the report twice, then drag the tab of one of them to the four directional icons that show up in the center of the window. Then you can filter each one how you want.

But I'll look back through my email and see if I can find the one you were talking about.

Online Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2014, 02:31:42 AM »
Well, right now, you can see them side by side (or one on top of the other) if you open the report twice, then drag the tab of one of them to the four directional icons that show up in the center of the window. Then you can filter each one how you want.

But I'll look back through my email and see if I can find the one you were talking about.

Cool! Thanks Mark, I didn't know about the dragging thing.

Offline Sandra K. Williams

• Sacramento, CA USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2014, 09:39:07 AM »

Say what! I need a Clippy to learn this stuff.

Offline MonkeyScribe

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »
Mark, I was just about to fork over my money to get out of the countdown mode of my demo when I tried to import my December KDP report and it says it's not supported, even though it's an .xls file like all the rest of them.

Thoughts? Fixes?