NetGalley

Author Topic: M-edge GO! Jacket -- review and photos  (Read 21424 times)  

Offline tiggeerrific

• View Profile
Re: M-edge GO! Jacket -- review and photos
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 05:28:51 AM »
Does this have a hinge in it? I have the amazon cover with the hinge and have been told that some peoples kindles have cracked.So now I wont use it and am looking into purchasing something else

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
  • KB Member #43
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 09:15:19 AM »
Does this have a hinge in it? I have the amazon cover with the hinge and have been told that some peoples kindles have cracked.So now I wont use it and am looking into purchasing something else

The cracking problem happens when people try to open the cover "backwards" - i.e. they pick up the cover upside down and try to open it - it puts too much stress on the hinge.  If you like the Amazon cover, just keep that in mind and it should be fine.  You could add a dot of velcro or double-stick tape between the back of the Kindle and the back cover to help keep that from happening.  The Go cover does use the hinge system.  

I just got one of the new Amazon covers in hot pink, I like the hinge system a lot.
Kindling since August 2008, 1st gen Oasis, PW2, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini

Offline angelad

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 11:33:48 AM »
The cracking problem happens when people try to open the cover "backwards" - i.e. they pick up the cover upside down and try to open it - it puts too much stress on the hinge.  If you like the Amazon cover, just keep that in mind and it should be fine.  You could add a dot of velcro or double-stick tape between the back of the Kindle and the back cover to help keep that from happening.  The Go cover does use the hinge system.  

I just got one of the new Amazon covers in hot pink, I like the hinge system a lot.

Yea, you right, it can probably be avoided.

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 03:20:12 PM »
everything is avoidable and correctable
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." David Brinkle

Offline angelad

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 07:04:59 AM »

Yea. 

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 03:24:11 PM »
Dont want to bend it backwards

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." David Brinkle

Offline loca

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 11:11:39 AM »

IT just needs careful planning and nothing should crack.

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 08:25:26 AM »
Im thinking about getting one just to see

Offline loca

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »
Just to see?  Wow, lol

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 08:46:59 AM »
I have been a fan of M-Edge to try for a while and i have form gift cards just laying around

Offline fancynancy

• Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 06:39:48 AM »
It's a beautiful jacket.  I've had my jade green Go cover for almost a year now.  I agree with the reviewer about everything except the elastic corners.  I think the elastic corners are important.  For one thing, they prevent you from opening the cover the wrong way.  I have never accidentally opened the cover from the back in all this time.  The elastic corners covered with the leather are attractive, don't interfere with anything, and ensure that the Kindle is never just hanging from the hinge without extra support. 

As much as a I love the jacket, I just ordered an M-Edge Trip to replace the Go.  I'm hoping it will close more tightly so nothing can get in between the jacket and the Kindle.  Also, it is lighter, so it may work out better for me. It is made of canvas, so I doubt it will be as beautiful as the Go jacket though.   :-\

Offline grandy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 11:57:31 AM »
I love my green Go! cover.  I've had it 3 weeks.  At first the very strong, offensive smell was horrible and gave me a headache but with some good, fresh air and some pleasant smelling perfume, it is very much better.  I also don't need the elastic corner holders.  As a matter of fact, :'( I don't use them since I noticed the felt separating from the cover in the area of the top holder.  After reading this post I guess I should say I love the color and style of the cover.  What should I do about the flaws?

Offline PeterP

• View Profile
    • Kindle Bags
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 03:30:24 AM »
Looks great with the matching bag too. Definitely a winning combo.
Get cool Kindle Bags and other Cool Bags or just drool over them and dream!!!

Offline mooshie78

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 10:32:14 AM »
I've had the Smooth Mocha Go! case on my K2 since I got it back in the $109.99 refurb deal last month.  I really like the case.  Well padded, looks nice, K2 is very secure with the hinge system and corner straps.  Also those corner straps should eliminate the cracking issue of the Amazon case hinges, even if opened upside down since the K2 is secure.

Offline bitofagypsy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 02:00:08 PM »
I finally got ready to purchase the M-edge Go, but when I looked at the website photo's it appears that the top corner with the elastic is pulling the lining from the back.  Anyone had any problems with this?

Offline mooshie78

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 03:57:47 PM »
I finally got ready to purchase the M-edge Go, but when I looked at the website photo's it appears that the top corner with the elastic is pulling the lining from the back.  Anyone had any problems with this?

What you're seeing there is the opening for the M-Edge Illuminator book light.  It slides between the lining and the front of the case so there's a hole there, and it's not the elastic pulling it open.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac