KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Why don't my paperback and Kindle editions show up on the same page?  (Read 712 times)  

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
I can't figure out how to make it so that my paperback and Kindle editions show up on the page. You know, like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1565125606/ All the editions show up in a list.

Yet my paperback: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1461009545/
and my ebook: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Y1MGYE/

are on separate pages. It's the same for the sequel. Is it because the titles show up slightly differently with the series subtitle? Is it something I can do on Author Central?

Offline RuthMadison

• Fiction needs more characters with disabilities
    • View Profile
    • RuthMadison.com
Re: Why don't my paperback and Kindle editions show up on the same page?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 08:02:58 PM »
Mine became unseparated at one point and customer service helped by getting them connected again.

If you've recently put up it up, though, it might just take the bots a few days to realize that they are the same book.

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »
In the case of Six Moon Summer and All Hallows' Moon, they've been up for months. I'm using Lightning Source for Death's Hand (which just went up last week) and it hasn't shown up on Amazon yet, so the word is out on whether it will have the same issue.

Offline NRWick

• I write books.
    • View Profile
    • NRWick.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:13:07 PM »
Do you use KDP for the ebook versions of any of them? If so, contact them and let them know.

My book had this issue, too. I just contacted KDP and told them that I would like to have the pages combined, and they did it for me.

If you don't use KDP, though, I'm not sure what you would have to do.
FREE:

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 08:17:55 PM »
Okay, I contacted support. Thank you both. :)

Seems funny it would happen to both of them. I imagine it was the series subtitle confusing the Amazon bots.

Offline Laura Lond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 08:24:57 PM »
Are your titles exactly the same? If they are, Amazon says their bots will eventually put them together, but if not they might need some help.

Offline RuthMadison

• Fiction needs more characters with disabilities
    • View Profile
    • RuthMadison.com
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »
Sounds like what happened to me. I don't know why they get unhooked sometimes! I thought it was some new feature and I was upset when it happened, but then people here told me it was a mistake and customer service got it connected again with no trouble.

Offline Terrence OBrien

• Kansas City, MO
    • View Profile
    • Terrence OBrien
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
KDP Customer service has a menu option that directly addresses this. I wasn't linked ten days after my CreateSpace book went live.  I provided the title, ASIN, etc and the process of linking started in about two days. It took about five days before all the elements representing the link were in place on both pages.
When ideas become weapons, modern Templars make a last ditch attempt to stop
terrorists from using an ancient treaty to rally moderate Muslims to their Jihad......

My Web Site: www.OBrienTerrence.com
For UK Readers At Amazon UK
For Canadian Readers At Amazon CA

Offline Tamara Rose Blodgett

• South Dakota/ Mazatlan Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Tamara Rose Blodgett
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »
Hey Sara,

Looks like you've already done this but I asked customer service via Author Central to link all my editions and they did. I have them do it each time.

Offline Caddy

• Novels For Adults Who Color Outside the Lines
    • View Profile
    • Caddy Rowland: Slice of Life
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 07:33:18 PM »
I would bet that you are correct, it had something to do with it being a series.  They had mine up separately, because the title is Gastien Part 1: The Cost of the Dream.  In parens it says (The Gastien Series).  This is how I filled it out when doing the e-book on KDP.

When my paperback downloaded to them from Createspace (one of their offshoots) for some reason unknown to me they decided to title it  Gastien Part 1:The Cost of the Dream, Book 1 of the Gastien Series.  I don't know why.

Because the titles are not identical they were seen as seperate  I called and said I did not ask for it to be that way, because why would I say in the title "Book 1" when I had just said "Part 1"?  We shared a laugh about it and they said they would fix it right away.  They did, too.  Very nice people.

I bet something was not identical in the title or the series part.  :)
ALSO WRITING HOT GAY M/M ROMANCE UNDER SIBLEY JACKSON

The Gastien Series: Sometimes the "impossible" is possiblebut the cost can be extremely high. | There Was a House:They better be damn good. There will only be one chance. | The Avengement Series: Karma really can be a b*tchespecially when it scores a willing partner.

Offline Edward C. Patterson

• Allentown, PA
  • Author of 25 Published Books
    • View Profile
    • Dancaster Creative
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 08:43:27 PM »
Simple question with a simple answer.

Your titles are different. Your paperback includes (Volume 1), while your Kindle edition does not. That, to Amazon's cross reference engine makes them different books. I'd change your kindle title as with CreateSpace you're locked in, because of the ISBN which has registered the (Volume 1) and cannot be changed without starting over from scratch.

Hope that hekps.

Edward C, Patterson
(Sorry, I was late on answering this, but I've been away for a few days)