Kindle Forum banner

Join me in some "whine"? (Waiting for the Fires to arrive!)

7K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  Sandpiper 
#1 ·
(Spoken in an Andy Rooney voice.....)  Did you ever notice how time slows proportionate to how badly you want something you're waiting for?  I have.

I am NOT a patient person and the wait for my Kindle Fire is making me crazy.  I hate to wish my life away, but this week is taking forever!

How about the rest of you?  Is your week dragging?

#5 ·
Not dragging at all - but I am antsy since I have noticed that Amazon frequently beats the confirmation dates on a lot of my purchases.  Knowing that the Fire is coming next week makes it a bit easier to wait for the Touch the following week.  

#7 ·
Sherlock said:
(Spoken in an Andy Rooney voice.....) Did you ever notice how time slows proportionate to how badly you want something you're waiting for? I have.

I am NOT a patient person and the wait for my Kindle Fire is making me crazy. I hate to wish my life away, but this week is taking forever!

How about the rest of you? Is your week dragging?
I'm right there with you! I'm not patient at all! I can't wait for it to be next week already! :)

Nicole

G
#9 ·
Hey all,

Expanding on the thread's title, how is everyone coping with the wait till the Kindle Fire launches? Please do share your strategies on how you overcome this, i'm honestly starting to get beyond the point of impatient and boy is it reflecting! ??? Just seeing the adverts alone unsettles me lol!

#11 ·
This is why I haven't ordered one yet.  I hate waiting on pre-orders.  I might even wait until after the New Year to buy one, if I can keep from being enabled by you all.

#17 ·
teralpar said:
Arrgggh!!! The wait is driving me crazy!! I've even changed my shipping speed to 1-day. I keep checking my bank account to see if the $199 has been charged yet!!! This is the first time I've actually hoped that money is taken OUT of my account!! ;D
LOL! I know what you mean. Although I do hope they wait until Thursday, which is when my paycheck will be direct deposited to my bank. I also keep checking Amazon to see if Brighid has a serial number yet.

#18 ·
/sigh

I just had a charge for $203.98 show up on my credit card.  My first thought was "ooh, there is my Fire!!!!!!".  Then I realized the math was wrong and the Fire should only be $202.99, and it was just my trip to the grocery store.  I'm pretty sure I've never been that thrilled to see a charge for groceries before, even momentarily...

This last few days until release is going to be LONG.

#20 ·
Yeah, I'm dying over here! Especially after today's announcement even though I knew Amazon would hook it up all along! I'm extremely busy with work and my days always fly by but somehow, I still find adequate time to obsess over my Fire and it's impending arrival.  :-\

#21 ·
Susan J said:
Not dragging at all - but I am antsy since I have noticed that Amazon frequently beats the confirmation dates on a lot of my purchases. Knowing that the Fire is coming next week makes it a bit easier to wait for the Touch the following week.
Ditto!

#22 ·
OK, now I'm ready for the Fires to be shipped. Got the gift card I've been waiting for, applied it to my purchase, huge savings!!  But I won't have much time until next week anyway...

Played with the Nook tablet yesterday in a Books a Million store.  I was surprised how heavy it was, and isn't it supposed to be a once or two lighter than the Fire?

Betsy

#23 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
OK, now I'm ready for the Fires to be shipped. Got the gift card I've been waiting for, applied it to my purchase, huge savings!! But I won't have much time until next week anyway...

Betsy
Oh, you could find the time. Who needs sleep anyway....way overrated.

I keep haunting the board waiting to see someone post that they got the notice their Fire is preparing to ship/shipping soon. Those of you who ordered the day it was rolled out should get your notification before I do since I didn't order until 10/21. My delivery day is still 11/16, though so it shouldn't be long after that I'm notified.............I hope!

#26 ·
teralpar said:
I didn't know the Nook Tablets were available to "play with" in stores already??
OK...I'm not really familiar with the Nooks, it was on a table with the sign "Nook Tablet" $249 with the $249 crossed out and $199 added. But there was no one to ask...off to look at the pictures online...maybe it was a Nook Color? Checking....

EDIT: It looks like the Nook tablet is silvery on the bezel, but the Nook Color is dark and they otherwise look very similar? Seems like this one might have been dark colored....so maybe it was a Nook Color. I didn't spend much time with it as we were on our way to meet friends for dinner and a movie.

Betsy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.