Kindle Forum banner

New Kindle Fire shipping date?

10K views 65 replies 31 participants last post by  Ann in Arlington 
#1 ·
Could someone look and see if they see what I just saw:

$199.00 Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Expected to ship in 3-5 days

#7 ·
Just for fun, I tried ordering another Fire.

Free Standard Shipping:  Estimated shipping: Nov. 14, 2011 - Nov. 16, 2011
Free Two Day Shipping:  Estimated delivery: Nov. 16, 2011 - Nov. 21, 2011
$3.99/item One-Day Shipping:  Estimated delivery: Nov. 15, 2011 - Nov. 21, 2011

Note that for Free Standard, it's estimated shipping date, not delivery date... but it still allows for the possibility of shipping on the 14th.

#15 ·
Ah, well... sorry for getting excited there about the delivery dates I saw.  I was hoping -- even though I knew it was unlikely -- of a Nov. 14th delivery date.  I'm off work on Mondays...

Now, it looks at though I'll get the Fire when I get it. It won't be Amazon or UPS that's at fault.  It will be my downstairs neighbors, none of whom work.  Since I'll be at work when the Fire is due to arrive, they'll sign for it... and then get it to me whenever they feel like it.

Believe it or not, I've been waiting three (unpleasant) days for them to part with a bottle of antacids I ordered from Amazon...

Here's the weird part... I've lived here for six years and I've received thousands of packages without ever losing one.  But these new neighbors... as the the man of the house put it, "our friends who come over to visit can't be trusted if they see a package is sitting in the lobby."

Sorry to vent...

#17 ·
tnt said:
Ah, well... sorry for getting excited there about the delivery dates I saw. I was hoping -- even though I knew it was unlikely -- of a Nov. 14th delivery date. I'm off work on Mondays...

Now, it looks at though I'll get the Fire when I get it. It won't be Amazon or UPS that's at fault. It will be my downstairs neighbors, none of whom work. Since I'll be at work when the Fire is due to arrive, they'll sign for it... and then get it to me whenever they feel like it.

Believe it or not, I've been waiting three (unpleasant) days for them to part with a bottle of antacids I ordered from Amazon...

Here's the weird part... I've lived here for six years and I've received thousands of packages without ever losing one. But these new neighbors... as the the man of the house put it, "our friends who come over to visit can't be trusted if they see a package is sitting in the lobby."

Sorry to vent...
Can you change the shipping address to someone else who you do trust? Another friend?

Betsy

#18 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Can you change the shipping address to someone else who you do trust? Another friend?

Betsy
I could, but I'm a little worried that at this late date, it could screw things up. I've got a case open with UPS, and I'll decide that on Friday.

UPS also has a new thing that costs $40 a year that allows me to schedule deliveries within two hours windows, and also allows me to change delivery addresses as late as 3AM on the morning of delivery.

It costs $40 a year. I don't have the money right now, but next week, I'm going to sign up for it. What my landlord doesn't know is that I'm deducting it from my rent. I've known her long enough to know it's easier to get forgiveness than permission.(My lease strictly forbids me from having a pet. She never would have given permission for me to get a cat... but when she found I adopted one anyway, she learned to live with it.)

Edit: just to finish the thought, I'm dependent on places like Amazon and UPS because I'm not allowed to drive. Fortunately, I live close enough to my job that I can walk to work.

#19 ·
Ummm....I couldn't stand it, so I just checked mine AGAIN.  Up until last night, it said November 18, 2011 - November 22, 2011, but now it says November 21, 2011 - November 29, 2011!!!  What the heck is up with that???  It's going the wrong way!!

On the other hand, I'll be out of town on vacation all next week and would rather it didn't come until I get home.

But STILL!  Anybody else have their date move out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.