Kindle Forum banner

Not thrilled so far

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jonathanmoeller 
#1 ·
I just tried copying a movie from my computer to thr Fire. When it said the copy would take 40 minutes, I immediately pressed cancel, and now the whole thing is hung up trying to cancel, but getting nowhere. Not happy so far.

G
#2 ·
Your impatience bit you. Power it down and back on and it should solve the problem. Make sure you eject it from your computer first.

BTW, movies are large files and take time to copy, especially if you have lower speed USB ports on your computer.

#5 ·
lizardbeth said:
Movies can take anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours on my ipad. You never know what you're going to get, timewise.
You need to check your Ipad because when I download a movie to my Ipad using iTunes it doesn't take anything close to 40 minutes. Remember you can't count if you set your itunes to back-up before download, the Fire doesn't do that.

#7 ·
If you've ever transferred files on a Windows machine before you would notice that Windows gives a very pessimistic estimation of transfer times at first... but once it gets going, it improves by quite a bit. That forty minutes could've became ten minutes once it got rolling. 

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.