KB Featured Book
A Second Chance
by Marcia Whitaker

$7.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-08-30
Bestseller ranking: 264164

Product Description
What would you do if you got that once in a lifetime second chance to seize everything that was torn away from you and make it right?

Living in the foothills of the scenic Rocky Mountains, highly respected Neurosurgeon, Julian Cahill, appears to have it all. He’s handsome, compassionate, ambitious, and wealthy but one thing is missing…a woman to share his life. For eighteen years he has grieved the loss of his high school sweetheart, Amber Scott, who passed away just prior to the start of their senior year. Ready to give up on love all together, college freshman, Destiny Bradshaw walks into his life, astounding him with her beauty. A girl half his age, she intrigues him. His attraction to her is powerful, but he’s unable to make sense of it. Despite the age difference, Destiny is also drawn to him, but her overly-protective parents have their concerns and give her an ultimatum. Upon uncovering some life-altering details in conne...

Author Topic: Free on Amazon UK... and only UK  (Read 433 times)  

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
Free on Amazon UK... and only UK
« on: November 21, 2011, 03:54:07 PM »
Has anyone else gone free only on Amazon UK? I've been hoping to go free on the US, so this is a little odd, but I have no complaints. I hear that all the European countries are having a big reading boom. Maybe this will boost my international exposure. :)

Offline Simon Haynes

• Perth, Australia
  • I love to make people laugh
    • View Profile
    • My articles on writing and publishing
Re: Free on Amazon UK... and only UK
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
Mine just went free on Amazon UK this morning, although it's been free on the US site for about 7-10 days. (I used the 'report a lower price' on the Amazon UK site for this title, and it seems to have done the trick.)

On the US site my freebie had about 3000 downloads in 24 hours. The UK site has 98 downloads, but it's still the middle of the night there. I'll let you know after 24h, but if it's under 200 or so then free on the US site seems to be the best move.

Up
Next
-->

Offline Mel Comley

• France
  • Thriller and Romance writer.
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 11:36:50 PM »
Impeding Justice went Free on Uk yesterday and I'm seeing it free on the US but sales are telling me it isn't! Not sure what's happening!  :(
]

Offline Ben Dobson

• Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 12:39:56 AM »
Bizarre, when mine went free on US I couldn't get it to go free on UK to save my life.
Pretend I have something clever here.

Scriber
A heroic fantasy novel
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Smashwords

The Last Hero
A fantasy short story
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Smashwords
My Website: bensdobson.com

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »
I've had no hint of a change to free on the US side.

My sales numbers won't update for UK, though. I know at least a couple people have downloaded it, but there's no indicator of it, and the rankings still aren't showing on the page. I seem to remember hearing people say that they had this hiccup for awhile after it went free, so I'll give it another day before I get worried.