KB Featured
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Just waving!  (Read 1631 times)  

Offline CrystalStarr

• View Profile
Just waving!
« on: December 02, 2011, 06:39:35 AM »
I'm not quite sure how best to jump into this klub so I busy Thought I'd wave hello.  I'm a devoted Christian who starts most every day with my Bible in hand and a prayer to my Lord. I want to try and participate here if that is ok with you.

By tgw way I am on a quest to read through my entire Bible but I suspect it'll take about 18 months.  Not a year.

Thanks a bunch!

Offline LauraB

• midwest, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Just waving!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 11:14:43 AM »
Your welcome here. I'm sorry it took so long to respond. It's called the one year bible club but it isn't required!  Have fun.
Books read in 2010: 43 2011: 42 + the Bible 2012: 60; books read 2013:56*

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Just waving!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 07:42:17 AM »
Welcome Crystal! We began the OYB Klub several years ago when a group of us decided to read the bible together using the One Year Bible. It has grown into a place where we can freely discuss the bible, our beliefs and our prayer requests. All are welcome.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
Re: Just waving!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 05:45:16 AM »
I'm not new here but it has been a while. I just wanted to say hello to all my friends and I am happy to be back!