Kindle Forum banner

The Kindle DX Graphite: Size Does Matter!

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  spotsmom 
#1 ·
The Kindle DX Graphite is contradiction in motion. In a rapidly growing e-reader/tablet universe, most e-reader/tablet models strive to be smaller, more complex, and more catchy. Not this puppy. The Kindle DX is a hidden touch of quiet genius and a lot of courage moving in the opposite direction. Meet the bigger cousin of the newly popular Kindle Fire. It is far from being paranoid about perfection yet quietly thrives. The opposite is attractive: a spacious, bigger high contrast E-ink screen to read your choice of e-books and everything else readable from the largest e-library in the clouds, a cool-sweet graphite color, punishable and unforgivable for its weight, on a different path. In the end, there will be only two types of e-readers on the market. There are those e-readers so exactly compact. Then there are those e-readers larger than life. Yes, for the Kindle DX Graphite, super-size does matter.

#4 ·
sigh....

I know, I know, I'm the weird one.... 

I do not have any portability issues with my DX.  And I wouldn't trade it for a smaller kindle, because I just think there is too little screen on the small ones.

And as spotsmom said, the DX is not a cousin to the Fire.  It was a cousin to the K2 or K3.  And it's not really a cousin, but a forgotten step child, because amazon keeps ignoring its existence and not doing software updates for it.

#5 ·
I also agree. I've had my DX (the old white one) for over a year or so now and use it every day. It works superbly. It is an excellent product.
I hope Amazon doesn't choose to discontinue the model as some folk predict. However even if they do I daresay someone else will pick up the ball as there must be more than a few of us who prefer a big screen.

#6 ·
I totally agree with Scarlet re the DX being a forgotten stepchild.  I bought mine after enjoying a K3 for a year, and couldn't believe there were no page numbers...  This is such a fabulous reading experience; I'm surprised more people haven't jumped on board.  Probably the price...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.