KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Marketing audiobooks?  (Read 618 times)  

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
Marketing audiobooks?
« on: January 08, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »
I'm looking at having one of my novels turned into an audiobook. I know a couple people here have done this, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest where one begins with marketing such a thing.

Are there sites similar to KND and PoI and ENT for audiobooks? Where do audiobook listeners hang out?

Offline JeffreyKafer

• SAG-AFTRA. Find me on ACX: http://goo.gl/YwOASA
    • View Profile
    • Jeffrey Kafer Voice Overs
Re: Marketing audiobooks?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 05:38:14 PM »
I don't think there's anything like KND for audiobooks. However, you can submit your audiobook to http://www.audiobookjukebox.com/. They are a central repository of sorts, and make audiobooks available to reviewers of all kinds of audiobook blogs

Offline Krista D. Ball

• Edmonton, Alberta
  • Hybrid Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Follow the adventures of a fantasy author
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
I'm looking at having one of my novels turned into an audiobook. I know a couple people here have done this, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest where one begins with marketing such a thing.

Are there sites similar to KND and PoI and ENT for audiobooks? Where do audiobook listeners hang out?

As surprising as it is, there are a lot of review sites that take audiobooks! I was shocked. I have been sending out review requests the last three days and have come across about 25 sites looking for audiobooks.

Krista D. Ball

Offline Andrew Biss

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Biss
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 06:30:08 PM »
I'll have one coming out in the next couple of weeks or so, and I'm doing the exclusive thing with ACX, so they'll distribute it via Audible.com, Amazon.com, and iTunes. The marketing part will be a learning curve (which I kind of like) so I'll let you know how I get on.
Blog / Website / Twitter / Facebook Author Page                                                                 

Amazon UK

Offline John Avery

• San Diego
  • Maverick Novelist - Thriller Writer
    • View Profile
    • JOHN AVERY - Maverick Novelist
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 06:30:37 PM »

You may have seen article in the Oct issue of Writer regarding Audible's new Audiobook Creation Exchange (ACX).

You may find some helpful audiobook marketing info there.

- john

http://www.acx.com/
http://www.audible.com/

THREE DAYS to DIE: A Thriller

- A CRIME THRILLER
- An ACTION MOVIE
- A LOVE STORY
- Kidnapped by a psychotic killer, thirteen-year-old Aaron Quinn is forced to participate in a deadly crime spree.
- What must his beautiful, courageous, single mother sacrifice to save his life?
Amazon USA - Amazon UK

Offline ゴジラ

• ia! ia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 09:01:48 PM »
As surprising as it is, there are a lot of review sites that take audiobooks! I was shocked. I have been sending out review requests the last three days and have come across about 25 sites looking for audiobooks.
I did notice a couple book bloggers saying they took audiobooks while hunting for ebook reviews, but I didn't make note of them (stupid me). I don't suppose you've kept a list? ;)

Offline Laura Lond

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »
I am looking for audiobooks reviewers as well right now - and checking with ACX regarding the best way to send review copies. I don't know how to go about it, so let's see what they say. I am new to this and wiling to learn. :)

Offline Krista D. Ball

• Edmonton, Alberta
  • Hybrid Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Follow the adventures of a fantasy author
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 09:06:43 PM »
I did notice a couple book bloggers saying they took audiobooks while hunting for ebook reviews, but I didn't make note of them (stupid me). I don't suppose you've kept a list? ;)

I didn't because I was looking at paranormal fantasy (my novella), whereas my audiobook is military SF.  :D

Krista D. Ball