Why not Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial?

Author Topic: Chinese Input Method  (Read 12484 times)  

Offline Strablet

• View Profile
    • Strablet
Chinese Input Method
« on: January 14, 2012, 06:39:45 PM »
I've worked out a method for installing Chinese input on the Kindle Fire. I got the idea from a guy named Tony Tong in China and I had to translate some of the steps. I put a picture of the input keyboard and I gave detailed instructions on how to do this, if you want to write with Chinese on the Fire. You must root your Kindle Fire and you need to know how to sideload.

Other languages are available as a part of the Android system but the Kindle hides them. I also give a method for finding them. For this approach, you don't need to root the Fire, but you won't find Chinese in there. I got this idea from a guy in Europe.

I hope this is helpful! Between these two methods, you should be able to get just about any language on the Kindle Fire. I read something about rtl (right-to-left) languages, but haven't tried it yet. Maybe someone else knows more about that.

Strablet

Offline JWashington81

• Chico
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Input Method
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 12:43:19 AM »
Thanks, but will that be traditional or simplified chinese?

Offline MelissaMayberry

• View Profile
Re: Chinese Input Method
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:58:15 PM »
I don't see where anyone else has posted this, but I may have just missed this. My kindle is fine; I keep it charged all of the time and plug in before it dies. But my kids play theirs until it is completely dead. Then, the charging is touch and go. Anyone else have this problem? I almost used the extended warranty before I figured out they just weren't charging very well.