Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - RicardoFayet

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Writers' Cafe / Re: Quick Cover Capitalization Question
« on: November 12, 2014, 11:03:13 AM »
Go with what looks best. But not with what looks best in here, what looks best in the font that you choose, or that your designer creates for your cover. In some fonts, capitalising everything is often the best way to go, while in others it looks "too much".
1% of people will look at your cover and title and know about style guidelines, the other 99% will just see if they find the cover beautiful or not, and the way you place the title and write it can make a big difference.

Writers' Cafe / Re: Cover designers,... a question
« on: November 12, 2014, 10:56:57 AM »
I know most freelancers on Reedsy would accept a small discount for a series, and certainly the best way to go is simply to reach out, give an idea of your budget (on top of an extensive brief, obviously), and ask for a gesture (that you can always try to negotiate afterwards).
In any case, really make sure you work with the right designer on it, because on an 8-book series, that can make all the difference…

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]