KB Featured Book
The Awakening (Book 1 Bloodmane Chronicles)
by Sara Brooke

$4.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-11-25
Bestseller ranking: 55516

Product Description
Everything she knows . . .

Renda Bloodmane is a quiet librarian, who lives a quiet life, in a small quiet town in Florida. Her days consist of going to work (which she loves) and watching old Hollywood movies with her dog Jane (which she also loves). Her life is just fine, if a tad on the dull side. So, when her best friend from college, Bobbie Trillo, invites her to visit her family in Georgia, Renda decides a vacation is in order. Bobbie has moved back in with her mother and brother after her parents’ divorce. Things aren’t going well for her mother, and Bobbie needs Renda’s friendship and support.

Everything she believes . . .

Renda soon discovers that there is a lot more going on in the Trillo household than meets the eye. The moment she sets foot in the Trillo home, Renda starts seeing ghosts everywhere she turns. But one very unique ghost stands out from the rest. A sinfully attractive man named Cole...

Author Topic: PaperWhite Kindle -- best Kindle ever  (Read 16050 times)

Offline MarthaT

• View Profile
Re: PaperWhite Kindle -- best Kindle ever
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 09:01:41 AM »
Great review!

Offline HRavenRose

• La La land
    • View Profile
    • Moi blog~*
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 06:05:41 PM »
So, to conclude, this is absolutely the best Kindle I've ever used. . .and I've used a lot of them.  I should call it Mary Poppins because it's Practically Perfect in every way. :D
Oh, my. What a wonderful Kindle PaperWhite review. So excited to get mine when it ships in December. Thank you for sharing, I love the lighting specs and organization details you specified.

Happy Thanksgiving~* Happy Reading!
"Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person."
~Albert Einstein

http://hravenrose.com
https://twitter.com/ChocolateVamp
http://www.facebook.com/pages/H-Raven-Rose-Author/313650265409505

Offline sjc

• (Member 153)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 09:16:52 PM »
CraigInTwinCities:

Nicely done.
Fight the Battle-Win the War

Offline flips

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2012, 04:34:26 PM »
It seems audio and text-to-speech is gone on the PW?
(I recently really started appreciating that on the DX, helps me digest/read academic stuff faster.)

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Whovian Christmas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 05:03:44 AM »
It seems audio and text-to-speech is gone on the PW?
(I recently really started appreciating that on the DX, helps me digest/read academic stuff faster.)

Yes. . .it's more strictly a reader.

There's still sound on the Touch, the Keyboard, and, of course, the various versions of the Fire.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Gryffindor (HDX7)
A TARDIS (PW2013)
The Doctor (HDX8.9)
MAXX (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline CraigInOregon

• Oregon
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Craig-Hasen.com
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »
Audio and text-to-speech has historically been pretty bad, IMO, on non-FIRE Kindle devices. I don't miss it as a feature on my KPW.

Totally subjective personal opinion, though.

THE
WOODSMAN

ROTTEN

SPOILED

NICE GIRL
LIKE YOU

DEVOHRAH
INITIATIVE

UNDER
CONTRACT

SHADA

MOST
LIKELY
I believe the road to hell is paved with adverbs, and I will shout it from the rooftops. -Stephen King

Offline flips

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2012, 03:29:07 AM »
Audio and text-to-speech has historically been pretty bad, IMO, on non-FIRE Kindle devices. I don't miss it as a feature on my KPW.

I agree that it's not very smooth on my DX, but it really help me when reading academi stuff. Both reading hearing it at the same time makes it easier to comprehend, and it increases my reading performance ... :)

Offline Patrick C. Greene

• View Profile
    • Patrick C. Greene
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 04:39:09 PM »
So grateful for all this info.  I read on my Kindle for PC right now and have been researching to find which eReader I want.  Based on my needs I finally decided on a Paperwhite a few weeks ago.  Glad to see the good reviews.  Now if I can just get mine!  I do have a birthday coming :)

Jennifer
  Patrick & Jennifer Greene

Offline Inglath Cooper

• View Profile
    • Inglath Cooper
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 03:35:55 PM »
I've been wondering about the PaperWhite Kindle - any idea how it compares to reading on iPad via Kindle app?

Book your next great escape.
Inglath Cooper | Facebook | Twitter

Offline CraigInOregon

• Oregon
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Craig-Hasen.com
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 02:18:28 AM »
I've been wondering about the PaperWhite Kindle - any idea how it compares to reading on iPad via Kindle app?

It doesn't compare.

The Kindle PaperWhite is way easier on my eyes. The difference is that iPad is backlit, whereas KPW is front-lit. Those who claim it doesn't make a difference haven't really tried both, side-by-side, reading in a dark room. A KPW can go way dimmer and still be visible, and yet is also far better to read out in direct sunlight than an iPad.

That said, you'll never confuse a Kindle PaperWhite for an iPad. One is made to be a great reading device. The other is a great tablet computer.

For the bulk of my reading, it's the Kindle PaperWhite for me. :)

THE
WOODSMAN

ROTTEN

SPOILED

NICE GIRL
LIKE YOU

DEVOHRAH
INITIATIVE

UNDER
CONTRACT

SHADA

MOST
LIKELY
I believe the road to hell is paved with adverbs, and I will shout it from the rooftops. -Stephen King

Offline Eileen Goudge

• New York City
  • Author, Wife, Mom and Baker
    • View Profile
    • Eileen Goudge Website
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 06:10:39 AM »
Love my Kindle Paperwhite.  Only thing I don't love is that, despite claims of long battery life, it needs to be recharged more frequently than my old, standard Kindle.  Small complaint, though, when the rest is pretty darn near perfect.  javascript:void(0);
I'm the New York Times bestselling author of 15 women's fiction novels, one cookbook, and the Cypress Bay mystery series. Writing is my passion, baking is how I feed my passion.

Offline CraigInOregon

• Oregon
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Craig-Hasen.com
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2013, 01:34:22 AM »
Love my Kindle Paperwhite.  Only thing I don't love is that, despite claims of long battery life, it needs to be recharged more frequently than my old, standard Kindle.  Small complaint, though, when the rest is pretty darn near perfect.

I have to charge my PW about... once a month. But I read a LOT. Way more than the 30-minute-a-day estimate they base battery life off of.

But I look at it this way: even with a MONSTER battery in place, I have to recharge my Samsung Galaxy SIII every other day. Compared to cell phones, a KPW charge lasts a long, long time!

THE
WOODSMAN

ROTTEN

SPOILED

NICE GIRL
LIKE YOU

DEVOHRAH
INITIATIVE

UNDER
CONTRACT

SHADA

MOST
LIKELY

Offline yourkrishna

• New Delhi
  • Live and Let Live
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 12:12:24 AM »
Thank you for this informative information and discussion , it has really helped me because I am not able to getting my decision about Kindle Paperwhite especially because of the negative criticism until now was not sure if I should buy it now or not.

Offline WG McCabe

• The hero WC deserves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2013, 07:05:26 PM »
A couple weeks ago I set my Kindle Keyboard down while in a warehouse at work and, in a hurry, walked off and left it. I didn't realize it until I got home so I called the company I was delivering to. No on saw it. Which means, of course, that someone saw and snagged it. I was a bit ticked, to say the least. So, long and stupid story short, I cashed in some Speedway Points and got an Amazon card and ordered a Paperwhite.

I friggen love it. My step sister had a Kindle Touch and I didn't like it all that much, but the sensitivity is SO much better on the Paperwhite. So my stupidity turned out good for a change.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2013, 02:52:34 AM »
I'm glad you like your PW, Patrick, but I hope you de-registered your old Kindle and reported it to Amazon so they could stop anyone else registering it?

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Paperwhite  | Fire 8.9  | Fire 7  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline WG McCabe

• The hero WC deserves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2013, 04:38:26 AM »
That was the first thing I did.