KB Featured Book
Allies and Enemies: Fallen
by Amy J. Murphy

$ 0.99
Kindle Edition published 2015-11-13
Bestseller ranking: 52060

Product Description
2016 Dragon Award Finalist - Best Military Science Fiction Novel

Allies and Enemies: Fallen is the first book in this space opera series.

Purpose-bred soldier of the vast and far-reaching Regime, Commander Sela Tyron is as subtle as a hammer. To hammers, any problem can look like a nail, but the solutions aren't always that easy. When Sela encounters a son she is forbidden to know, falls in love with a man who is clearly off-limits, and is abandoned with her team on a planet full of insurrectionists, things get complicated...

Fans of galactic space opera and Firefly will delight in this "Indiana Jonesesque experience through space" and the introduction of a new kick-ass heroine in Sela Tyron.

2016 Nominee - 1st Annual Dragon Awards (Dragon Con) "Best Military Science Fiction or Fantasy Novel"
___
Similar categories: space opera, military scifi, galactic empire, science fiction action ...

Author Topic: USB Keyboard for the Kindle Fire 6.3.1 (1st Generation Kindle Fire, not HD)  (Read 6949 times)  

Offline RM Prioleau

• Fantasy Author
    • View Profile
    • R.M. Prioleau
Does such a keyboard exist anywhere for the 1st generation Kindle Fire (not HD) in which you can plug into the device's mini-USB port? I've seen so many USB keyboards on Amazon for other android tablets, but they are either:

a) not compatible with any of the Kindle Fires at all or
b) only compatible for the Kindle Fire HD versions

I love my 1st-gen Fire and really want to turn it into a multi-purpose device in which I can use for both reading Kindle books and writing my own books, because it's more portable and convenient than a laptop.

So does anyone know if a keyboard exists anywhere in the world that's compatible with the 1st generation Kindle Fire? Thanks! :D

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• Proud Oasis (& Voyage & Touch & Basic & K1 and Fire HDX) Owner
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all (to quote my friend Harvey)
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
No, sorry, RM.

The USB port on the original Fire was designed for the Fire to be connected to a computer, not for connecting devices to it.  The lack of ability to connect a keyboard either via bluetooth or USB was one of the major complaints about the original Fire.  It certainly was my major issue.

You may wish to upgrade to the Fire HD.  Amazon will take original Fires in as trade-in.

Betsy
Come visit my booth and see my art quilts at Art on the Avenue! October 1st, 2016 10AM-6PM
For more info go to www.artontheavenue.org or my Facebook page www.facebook.com/betsytruedesigns

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Baseball!
    • View Profile
Or, you may find someone here who would like to buy it from you . . . check out the Buy, Sell, Trade, or Barter board.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline RM Prioleau

• Fantasy Author
    • View Profile
    • R.M. Prioleau
Hey, Ann and Betsy! Thanks for the replies!

Ann: I didn't know they do trade-ins! I'll check that out! Much appreciated!!

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Baseball!
    • View Profile
Hey, Ann and Betsy! Thanks for the replies!

Ann: I didn't know they do trade-ins! I'll check that out! Much appreciated!!

Well, AMAZON, will pay you as a trade in. . . .you get an Amazon gift card, as I recall when you return it.  On the site search for electronic trade ins, or something of that sort.

Here at KindleBoards, we have a section where people are looking to sell older items or buy second devices, etc.  It's under the heading "KindleBoards Market Place". :D

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR