KB Featured Book
The Great Gambler
by Claude Cueni

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2014-06-11
Bestseller ranking: 42663

Product Description
In this colorful historical novel set in 17th and 18th century England, France and Italy, bestselling author Claude Cueni tells the story of John Law of Lauriston, the man who invented paper money. He was also a mathematical genius, a masterful gambler, a duelist, murderer, womanizer and lover. But he is best known as the inventor of modern finance and architect of the most catastrophic financial crash in history. At the height of his career, Law was an advisor to the the King of France, Louis XIV, The Sun King, and also owner of the Mississippi Corporation, with vast holdings in the Americas, and thus the wealthiest man of his time.
This book contains adult situations and language....

Author Topic: Why won't my profile picture change when modified?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline klouholmes

• Duluth, Minnesota
  • The House in Windward Leaves, middle-grade fantasy
    • View Profile
    • Katherine L. Holmes
Why won't my profile picture change when modified?
« on: May 29, 2013, 03:09:21 PM »
Hi, I'm having trouble changing my profile photo.  I modify the profile picture (Choose a picture) but it doesn't change.  I could change the signature picture but not the profile.  How can I accomplish that?

Online Betsy the Quilter

• "I'm a god. I'm not *the* God..."
  • Global Moderator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Why won't my profile picture change when modified?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 05:07:18 PM »
Hi, it may be that the picture has changed but your browser hasn't refreshed the image.  I can see a picture of you with tree leaves in the background?

If that's the new picture, try pressing F5 to refresh your cache of stored images.

If that's the old picture, it may be that the image you are trying to upload is too big.  The system software will shrink the image but only so much.  The image will be displayed at 140 x 160.  Try to reduce the image to that size or something closer, up to about 560 x 640 at the most.

If you need help resizing, let me know.

EDIT:  And, hello, Duluth!!!  My mom was from Hibbing. ;D

Betsy
KB Moderator
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:55:57 PM by Betsy the Quilter »

Miss you, Dona & Jeff! | Joined 10/27/2008 | My website | Goodreads | Make a reading bar! |
Reading Thread | My Kindles: Paperwhite  | Kindle (basic)  | Fire 8.9  | Fire 7  | Kindle Touch  | Kindle 1st Gen
"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read.  One does not love breathing." --Scout, To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Valerie Alexander

• Los Angeles
  • Don't Worry...Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Speak Happiness
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 06:25:04 PM »
I'm having the exact same problem right now.  At first,the picture wouldn't change at all, so I tried a few different things, and now all I see is a question mark where the picture should be.  Is anyone else seeing a picture there?
Happiness as a Second Language teaches happiness step-by-step, in the same manner as one would learn a new language. The writing is simple and straightforward, the instructions easy to follow, and the sample situations familiar, touching, often heartbreaking and sometimes hysterical. The true value of Happiness as a Second Language is that everyone who diligently works to achieve the happiness promised in the premise will find positive results from the very first page.
Valerie Alexander | author website | facebook | twitter

Online Betsy the Quilter

• Global Moderator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 06:29:43 PM »
Valerie,

I see a very charming picture of you (?) smiling, wearing a red blouse?  Sometimes I see a question mark in place of an avatar, too...  Try hitting f5 to refresh your cache.

Betsy

Miss you, Dona & Jeff! | Joined 10/27/2008 | My website | Goodreads | Make a reading bar! |
Reading Thread | My Kindles: Paperwhite  | Kindle (basic)  | Fire 8.9  | Fire 7  | Kindle Touch  | Kindle 1st Gen
"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read.  One does not love breathing." --Scout, To Kill a Mockingbird

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • Speak Happiness
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »
Thank you so much!! The red blouse is the new picture, so that's perfect.  I'm still seeing the question mark, but as long as I'm the only one, that's great.
Happiness as a Second Language teaches happiness step-by-step, in the same manner as one would learn a new language. The writing is simple and straightforward, the instructions easy to follow, and the sample situations familiar, touching, often heartbreaking and sometimes hysterical. The true value of Happiness as a Second Language is that everyone who diligently works to achieve the happiness promised in the premise will find positive results from the very first page.

Offline Colin H

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 01:22:52 PM »
Afraid I am having the same problem. Have tried to change my profile photo from a book cover to one of my dog. The cover has gone and I identify  a photo using browse but I can see nothing after I click edit profile except a x in the box. Have seen comments to press F5 but this does not seem to do anything. Any suggestions.

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • Speak Happiness
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 01:28:40 PM »
Colin, as of now, there is no profile pic with your post.  Maybe clear your cache and cookies, restart your computer and try again.  That's what I did and somehow it worked.  Also, could try uploading it through a different browser.

Good luck!

Offline Colin H

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 02:02:33 PM »
Valerie. Thanks for your response. Have now established that my picture size was too large. Have now reduced it and as you will see I now have a picture of my Golden Retriever in place. Once again thanks for youur suggestions.

Offline Duane Gundrum

• Grand Rapids, Michigan
    • View Profile
    • Duane Gundrum
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 07:10:28 AM »
I'm so glad I found this thread. I've been having the same problem, too, and it wasn't until I pressed F5 that I was able to see the current picture.

Twitter: DuaneGundrum | Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com

Online Betsy the Quilter

• Global Moderator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »
Glad you were able to figure it out!

Betsy