KB Featured Book
A Dead Red Alibi
by RP Dahlke

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-08-26
Bestseller ranking: 14343

Product Description
A successful, but reclusive young artist with a secret life.
A wannabe lawman and his dotty gun-toting granddad
An abandoned mine pit, a curious dad and the local police chief found with him.
When Lalla and her dad take a trip to Arizona to inspect her new property, Dad disappears. But when Lalla enlists the help of a local tracker she's relieved to find him unharmed, but in the bottom of a mine pit. Unfortunately, he's got company--a local police chief, and it looks like he's been murdered. Then too, a young woman artist living nearby has also been murdered. What're the chances that these two murders are going to be related? Well, if you're Lalla Bains, you don't guess, you start looking for the killer!

Author Topic: How to identify your Kindle by the serial number  (Read 3911 times)

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
  • "I love submarines. They're so sneaky!" --Me
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
How to identify your Kindle by the serial number
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/kindle-giving-you-trouble-three-easy-fixes-and-troubleshooting-steps/

Most of the article linked above is a very basic list of trouble shooting steps, but it has instructions and a list of prefixes that let you identify the exact version of a Kindle that may occasionally be useful to someone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Nothing but OCTOBER
    • View Profile
Re: How to identify your Kindle by the serial number
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 04:45:51 AM »
Thanks, Claw -- his 'troubleshooting' tips are really basic -- but, as you say, it's not bad to know what kind of kindle you have!  Certainly helps to know that when people come here asking questions! 

If you end up having to contact Kindle CS, of course, they'll know, because they can see your account. :)
My Kindles
Hedwig (K4Basic)
Gryffindor (HDX7)
A TARDIS (PW2013)
The Doctor (HDX8.9)
MAXX (KApp for Android)
Nautilus(Voyage) coming soon
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR