We're creating a multi-genre indie author flash fiction anthology
to cross-promote ourselves to new readers. You're invited! Please submit
stories by Aug 8, 2016 so we can publish by Sep 5, 2016.The Plan:
- To create a cross-promo indie author flash fiction anthology.
- To introduce new readers to us - fine indie authors - so we can sell more books!
- To publish it no later than Sep 5, 2016.
- To publish it wide and permafree where possible (99c where it's not).
- To distribute it to your mailing list free of charge.
The Firmer-than-Titanium Schedule:
- Any author is welcome who has at least one indie fiction title published, an author website and mailing list (no matter the subscriber count).
- Pen names are fine as long as they meet the requirements.
- Please submit up to 3 stories per author name. At least 1 must be never-before-published. The other two must not have been previously printed more than once - printed meaning published in an anthology or periodical.
- Submissions must be complete stories - with a beginning, middle and end - and never excerpts.
- Story length: ideally 1,000 words or less. You can go up to 1,500 if you really need it.
- You must have your story proofread and line-edited prior to submission, by you or someone else. Please don't submit messy drafts, only final work. Although I'm an editor and the editor of this project, this is unpaid volunteer work, so please pitch in (or hire me for a special flat rate of $5 per story - see below).
- Stories are due Aug 8, 2016, which gives you about 9 weeks.
- Any genre except erotica. (Only because we don't want the anthology getting hidden from searches and whatnot.)
- Make it a new-ish story and make it a great story. This introduces not just participating authors but also the greater indie community of authors to new readers. Let's put our best feet forward.
- Submit your stories here: http://goo.gl/forms/cPaEXPuJQ57ckl163.
Stories Due: Aug 8, 2016
Final Proofing: Aug 22, 2016
(I'll send you a draft of the anthology and ask you to proof your story and one other.)
Publish (Wide): Sep 5, 2016Please Help Me With:
To hire me
- getting the word out to other indie authors so they can submit stories, too (most important);
- messaging every person in the old thread so we can get their submissions;
- the cover;
- marketing; and
- please suggest title ideas (save them all up for one post per person, please). Perhaps we'll run a poll at a later date.
to line edit and proofread your story/ies for the special flat rate of $5 each, email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line: "Edit my flash fiction story for $5 please." This is entirely optional and not in the least required. It will get you a great editing job but not any kind of preference in the anthology.
If you'd like an editor credit, email me
. I'll need you to proofread 20 stories for me and to bring in at least 10 new stories, in addition to your own.
This is a community-organized project to breathe new life into the Stories on the Go #2
anthology that stalled. Here is the old thread
. Kudos to Andrew on his work to date!
I'm open to your ideas/changes and ready to answer your questions. I'll keep this first post updated with important developments. Thanks in advance and I look forward to working with you!Rights:
Here's the license I'm asking you to agree to. It's plainly visible at the end of the submission form:
I affirm that I am the owner of the content provided herein and am granting a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license to use the content as part of the anthology "Indie Anthology 2016," (title subject to change) edited by George Donnelly. Once the anthology is published, I promise to promote it to the best of my ability through my author website, mailing list and social media account(s). (If you don't agree, please don't submit the form.)If using Google Docs
If you're using Google Docs, please share the story with email@example.com
or just grant access upon request to that address.UPDATES:
6 Jun: 2 submissions + Andrew (the founding editor) sent me the contact information for 43 authors who previously submitted stories to him. I've emailed them.
8 Jun: 6 submissions and counting!
10 Jun: 9 submissions so far.
14 Jun: 11 submissions.
29 Jun: 17 submissions.
17 Jul: 22 submissions.
29 Jul: 24 submissions.
3 Aug: 26 submissions.
7 Aug: 28 submissions.