Author Topic: All Romance Ebooks Closing :(  (Read 28927 times)  

Offline Lyra Brooks

• View Profile
Re: All Romance Ebooks Closing :(
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2017, 03:42:21 PM »
I spoke with the woman starting the class action lawsuit and I did get my ARE 1099 today (though they sent it to my very very old address for some reason?). So that answers my questions, basically. I'll see how it goes with the lawsuit but I'm basically expecting to stop including ARE in my taxes this year, like this will be the last year I have any profit from them. According to the lady with the suit, the lawyer will eventually get to the point in the investigation where he's able to access ARE's records and then would be the point we went forward with the class action part. I feel like he'd either contact us directly or we'd see more press briefs about the lawsuit. Here's hoping I ever see my $75.

Offline MarilynVix

• Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Marilyn Vix Official Website
« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2017, 06:26:51 PM »
I spoke with the woman starting the class action lawsuit and I did get my ARE 1099 today (though they sent it to my very very old address for some reason?). So that answers my questions, basically. I'll see how it goes with the lawsuit but I'm basically expecting to stop including ARE in my taxes this year, like this will be the last year I have any profit from them. According to the lady with the suit, the lawyer will eventually get to the point in the investigation where he's able to access ARE's records and then would be the point we went forward with the class action part. I feel like he'd either contact us directly or we'd see more press briefs about the lawsuit. Here's hoping I ever see my $75.

Hey, $75 is $75. I think a lot of us are still pursuing for the principal so it isn't done to Indies in the future. This has really sent shock waves through the romance and Indie community. And $75 is a lot to authors when we put our blood, sweat and tears into our books. We can't live off of freebies. So, it's important, no matter what the amount.

Offline mach 5

• Don't mind me - just here to procrastinate
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2017, 06:41:55 PM »
I received my 1099 from them today. Haven't sat down to verify it, though. Mailed from Florida.