Other eReaders, Other Devices > Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod...)

E-mail on iPad -- deleting, saving, organizing messages?

(1/5) > >>

BK:
I love being able to see my e-mail on my iPad...  However, I get a TON of e-mail, and deleting messages is an incredibly tedious process on the iPad. I'd like to save a few messages, but I would like to delete about 95% of them.  Surely there is an easier way....

Are any of y'all using an app that helps manage mail messages?

My wish list would be:  A flag system for keeping selected e-mail.
                                A quick way to delete all un-flagged messages.
                                A folder system for saved e-mails.

Can anyone suggest an app --- or even a work-around?

Bonnie

hsuthard:
I gave up on the iPad mail system and use Gmail for my mail via Safari. I'm much happier with it. Before I was moving emails I wanted to keep to my Sent folder so I could find them easier.

I have heard that folders is a "coming-soon" upgrade to the Mail, though.

Betsy the Quilter:
This is only marginally better than the way I WAS doing it, but I just discovered this, so I thought I'd share it.

In the iPad mail, in the Inbox (although the same thing works for "Sent" or Drafts), if you're in landscape mode so that you can see the list of emails in your inbox (or in Portrait, click Inbox in the upper left corner to pop up the list of emails in your Inbox.  You should see "Mailboxes" and "Edit" at the top of the list.  Click on "Edit."  The list will turn into a checklist with a little circular check mark at the left side of each message.  You can click on that, and scroll through the list to click on all the ones you want to delete, then click on Delete at the bottom.

Hope this helps a little.

--- Quote from: BK on May 28, 2010, 06:19:34 AM ---I love being able to see my e-mail on my iPad...  However, I get a TON of e-mail, and deleting messages is an incredibly tedious process on the iPad. I'd like to save a few messages, but I would like to delete about 95% of them.  Surely there is an easier way....

Are any of y'all using an app that helps manage mail messages?

My wish list would be:  A flag system for keeping selected e-mail.
                                A quick way to delete all un-flagged messages.
                                A folder system for saved e-mails.

Can anyone suggest an app --- or even a work-around?

Bonnie

--- End quote ---

Someone Nameless:
I use gmail too and the email system on the iPad drives me nuts.  Gmail groups conversations together but on the iPad mail program it lists them individually.  It's also a pain to archive and move them to folders.  I resorted to Safari too.

VictoriaP:
Gmail through Safari here too.  Couldn't stand my choices being delete or keep--I wanted my archive function back.  I made a gmail icon bookmark and plopped it into my dock, took the mail icon & moved it to my "do not use" page.

You do lose push notification that way though. So I have to open the bookmark to check my mail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version