KB Featured Book
Jessica's Footprints
by J. Evangelisti

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-09-15
Bestseller ranking: 155006

Product Description
A Christmas mystery! With a mastery of surprise and the suspenseful build up, Jessica's Footprints mystifies and keeps audiences entertained with the precise pacing and eloquent description. There is a continual pairing of pretty, delicate aesthetics and dark visceral imagery. This novel is a true mystery for teens and adults of all ages.

The story starts in...20,000 BC where two children, a girl age nine and a boy age six, stroll to the edge of a marsh. They wear tight-fitting material that shimmers in the bright sun, and their shoes are off revealing webbed toes. The children explore the area. In thick foliage, they hear
whimpering from small, brown, wolf-like pups with stripes similar to a zebras. The girl takes one of the pups. The loud angry cry of an animal frightens the children. They see in the distance a full-sized wolf standing upright on its rear feet. The wolf drops on all fours and begins chasing them. Fear registers ...

Author Topic: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!  (Read 511277 times)

Offline Cobbie

• Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!
« Reply #11575 on: July 01, 2013, 07:57:19 PM »
Thank you, all. It was fun doing. Sadly, my creative juices ebb and flow, mostly ebb.  :D

Offline Jane917

• Wenatchee, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11576 on: July 01, 2013, 07:57:58 PM »
Thank you, all. It was fun doing. Sadly, my creative juices ebb and flow, mostly ebb.  :D

You sold me!   8)
Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline Cobbie

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: July 01, 2013, 08:06:14 PM »
You sold me!   8)

Oh gosh, pressure, pressure, lol. I hope I haven't hyped it up too much. If you don't like it, I'll buy yours, either the regular one or the EE.

Ruby, Annette told me what the added ingredients are in the EE but I don't remember what she said. I think it's just added oil to make it, well, more emollient.

Offline Jane917

• Wenatchee, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11578 on: July 01, 2013, 08:16:19 PM »
Oh gosh, pressure, pressure, lol. I hope I haven't hyped it up too much. If you don't like it, I'll buy yours, either the regular one or the EE.

Ruby, Annette told me what the added ingredients are in the EE but I don't remember what she said. I think it's just added oil to make it, well, more emollient.

I ordered the sample, so I think you are off the hook.  :)

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: July 01, 2013, 08:16:42 PM »

Ah, more giggles!   :D

Offline Cobbie

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11580 on: July 01, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »
I ordered the sample, so I think you are off the hook.  :)

Whew!   :)

Ruby, I forgot to mention that it does not come in a dropper bottle, at least, not the EE. It comes with a pop-up top, the kind where you push one side in and the other side pops up. That was a little disappointing at first but it was incredibly easy to get used to. My small sample bottle of the regular oil is a screw top.

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: July 01, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »
Whew!   :)

Ruby, I forgot to mention that it does not come in a dropper bottle, at least, not the EE. It comes with a pop-up top, the kind where you push one side in and the other side pops up. That was a little disappointing at first but it was incredibly easy to get used to. My small sample bottle of the regular oil is a screw top.

Thanks Cobbie! Guess I could always transfer it to a dropper bottle 😊

Offline Jen

• Member # 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: July 02, 2013, 05:42:45 AM »
I never thought about doing that, but you sure could!  I find that it drops out okay out of the pop top, the drops are bigger but I sort of like to overdo it anyway!  Even in the summer weather I still love to lather it on.  I've never tried the EE but find the regular pretty emollient  ;)  

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs

Offline Cobbie

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: July 02, 2013, 06:41:24 AM »
Just to clarify, when I say a bottle of the BFF oil will last me 6-8 months I'm referring to the large 2 oz bottle. And I use it only on my face because I don't like anything on my neck. Chicken neck, here I come.  :D

Offline Jen

• Member # 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: July 02, 2013, 06:43:55 AM »
I'm on my first 2 oz bottle, I'd say it'll last me 4-5 months of using it daily - I use a lot  :D!!  I like it on my neck too - I'm super paranoid about chicken neck  ;D ;D ;D
A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs

Offline Neo

• View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: July 02, 2013, 07:01:45 AM »
Hello Ladies!

Just wanted to pop in to also add my vote for the BFF (regular): I've been using it in NY in cold March weather, and in very hot and very humid South East Asia climate for the last 3 months, and I'm already worrying about getting refills (even though Annette is willing to ship to me - but will it make it into my hands???). It's just wonderful! I use it only at night.

I know I have been MIA, and this is by no means an excuse, but things have changed quite a bit in my life, and pretty fast too (well, I guess not that fast, as it's been going on over a few months, but those have been hectic, and one thing just happened after the other).

As you probably guessed from the above, I'm not in the US anymore, but have moved to Myanmar for a new job. I've been here for 3 months now, 3 months filled with finding a new house, moving in, getting settled once my container arrived from NY (which implied a lot of frantic shopping prior to departure  ;) ), and also getting into my new job (which has been keeping me busy an average of 13 hours a day...). In the last few weeks, just after moving into the new house, my little guy Neo left me, poisoned by a poisoned or poisonous lizard he ate (I guess we will never really know), and that has been a really hard blow. I miss him terribly.

The move has also put a serious stop to any shopping (nothing to be had here, really), but it has also given me an opportunity to really enjoy all the accumulated goodies over the last few years, and realize how spoiled I have been (and still am with all I got!), and really cherish it all  ;D. I always think of you while using all my stuff, so many of my products have been recommended by you ladies here, and have made my life nicer and fun-er! Thank goodness Bangkok isn't far away (only a short 1 hour flight), and I have a long long list of things to check out there on my next trip next week  ;D  ;D  ;D. I intend to go with an empty suitcase and come back with a popping one  :D

In any case, this is one of the reasons I haven't really been around (not much to share when there isn't anything to shop for, lol), but I have been lurking, and it has always been a joy to read you all  :).

SN, I'm so glad you are getting settled into a new home, and hope you can enjoy the process (I know how much work it is! And while fun, it must also sometimes be hard...).

Ruby, I'm so so glad you are doing better, and can't stop admiring you for how strong you are, and for keeping your spirits up. Your daughters are so very lucky to have you, I know they will grow into incredible women, just like their Mom!

Jane, I see you are back here too, nice  ;D! Can't wait to read your feedback on the BFF, but I'm sure you will love it! My bottles came with a press dispenser (does it make sense? A little opening, and and you push the top down), not my favorite, as I sometimes feel it's very difficult to control how much comes out, but it works.

Pat and Jen, always there leading the shopping efforts  :D! You go ladies!!!!! And Pat, I loved your BFF story, totally cracked me up!

Skyblue, always a joy to read you  :)

I may not be mentioning each and every one of you, but I miss all of you ladies (and know that I always lurk  ;))

Hugs to all!

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: July 02, 2013, 08:38:05 AM »
Cobbie, thanks, I knew you meant the 2 oz bottle! I don't put anything on my neck either so I guess I'll have chicken neck one of these days too...I just like the control of a dropper bottle better. I buy the little amber ones at The Container Store when I can.

Neo!!! I have missed you a lot here, but wow, you sure have a good reason(s) for not being around! I can't imagine moving half way around the world. I'm stressing about moving period....I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved Neo, I send you hugs. Thank you for your support. It's been a rough 6 months but I think I'm doing pretty well given all the curves thrown at me. I also just scored another victory!!! My attorney worked out an agreement w/my ex and he will only be able to visit w/the girls every other Saturday & Sunday for an 8 hr period in a public location, but he has to be actively engaged in weekly therapy. So no therapy, no visits. In order for him to have unsupervised overnights he will have to petition the court & show a substantial change in circumstance, ie: inpatient rehab. I am not confident he will do that so I can rest easy for a while knowing they won't be subject to harsh/unsafe treatment by him.

I wish everyone a Happy 4th of July! My girls & I are going to my parents for the weekend for an old fashioned celebration; swimming, BBQ, fireworks, etc. Big Hugs!

Offline Jen

• Member # 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: July 02, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »
Neo!!!!!  So glad to hear from you.  I'm so sad about Neo, I wish I could come over there and give you a big hug.  I know you were excited to be able to let him out again after being cooped up for so long.  I'm just so sorry!!  I am happy to hear you've moved into a house and are settling into the new job, wow 13 hour days!!  I hope that you love the tropical paradise!!!  I'm really excited for you to go to Bangkok, how FUN!!  I can't wait to hear about all your discoveries there....or maybe not LOL!! 

Ruby, you're seriously my hero.  I think you're doing absolutely fantastic given the situation you've been thrown into, a LOT of people would crush under the stress or at the very least be very "why me" - and you never do.  You stand up and face it!!  I'm SO glad to hear your ex will be forced into therapy to get visits - and that the visits will be in a public location!  Double victory.  What great news for both you and your girls. 

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: July 02, 2013, 01:31:58 PM »
Jen, wow, how do I thank you?? You've been a never ending source of support & you're always cheering me on. I am beyond lucky 🍀 to have you in my corner!!

Offline Jen

• Member # 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: July 02, 2013, 01:38:08 PM »
Absolutely no need, I'm honored to know you!!!  I'll ALWAYS be in your corner  ;)!!!  I just wish I would have gotten ahold of your ex while he was still here  8)

Offline Cobbie

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: July 02, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »
Neo, it's so good to see you again. What life changes you have gone through! I'm so saddened about Neo. You gave her a good life which I know she appreciated.

It's good to hear about your settling into your house. Your work hours sound insane. Hopefully, they will level off soon.

I want to go to Bangkok.  ;) Please think of me when you go.

Ruby, it looks like the silver lining has arrived for you and your girls. I'm so happy for you with this latest development. I know how relieved you must be. Your plans for the 4th sound perfect. Forget everything else and enjoy the time with your family.

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: July 02, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »
Jen, well I'll just say thank you again & tell you how much I appreciate you & everyone here for all the support you've given me over the years! My ex's family still lives in Columbus so you've still got a shot at him!! Maybe he'll move back there as there really isn't anything holding him here. Although I wouldn't wish him tarnishing your nice city...

Cobbie, finally I can breathe a big sigh of relief & I have a renewed faith in the justice system. It's been a long battle & I'm still not there yet but everyday I am getting closer. Hope you have a wonderful weekend 
too 😊

Offline Jane917

• Wenatchee, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: July 06, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »
My sample of BFF oil arrived a few days ago. The shipping was very quick! I got 3 small sample bottles and am only 1/2 way through the first bottle. I think it is a very generous sample. I have used it on my face after washing, let it soak in a bit, then put on my night moisturizer (Lancome Bienfait Multivital Night). I can't say I am noticing a difference in my face in the morning, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt. I have another oil night serum (Natural Bliss) that has a horrible smell, so the BFF is much better.

The miracle product I have loved is plain old organic coconut oil. I put it on my hair (before I shampoo), on my legs, on my arms. Really softens my skin and gives my hair a shine. I only use it on my hair a couple of times/week, but I bet if you have dry frizzy hair you could use it everyday.

Offline Jen

• Member # 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: July 06, 2013, 09:28:34 PM »
Ever since I posted a few days ago I've been using coconut oil as a body moisturizer again, I may never go back - my skin is soooo soft. Going to try before shampooing tomorrow!  I may even slather it on my face, I haven't done that yet but have read it's amazing on the face too.

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: July 08, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »
Neo, I've been thinking about you and wondering if you had gotten settled.  We want to hear from you whether you are making purchases or not.  I'm sure you will always be reading beauty blogs and you can always tell us what you hear good things about and I'm sure someone here will test things for you.

I'm so sorry to hear about Neo.  That must be so hard to move to a new place and lose a beloved fur baby.....terribly sad.

We are still hanging out for work to be complete on the new place but I hope to report soon that I will be moving this weekend.  I'm keeping everything crossed.  I think of all of you so much and and overcome with appreciation for all of your kind generosity.

Don't be a stranger!  We miss you.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
« Reply #11595 on: July 08, 2013, 06:35:25 PM »
Talk to me about coconut oil.  Which one do you use?  I used it once for body moisturizer and decided I should keep it in the fridge.  It hardened and was nearly impossible to get it out.  How do you store it?
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline Jane917

• Wenatchee, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: July 08, 2013, 09:04:45 PM »
SN, I got my coconut oil from Vitacost. It is the Vitacost brand. It says to store at room temperature, not in the fridge.

Offline Jen

• Member # 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: July 09, 2013, 06:26:11 AM »
I just got mine at the grocery store, it's organic and I think EcoGold brand?  Any brand works, I prefer organic but that's your call.  It's melting point is I think 76 degrees, so it wavers between solid and melted depending on that!  I have never kept it in the fridge though.  In my bathroom it seems to stay at least semi solid so it's easier to use.  I just put a little chunk in my hands and rub it together to melt it, then rub it into my skin.  I love it.  I read somewhere too if you don't like the texture all you have to do is whip it and it'll be sort of a whipped body butter texture.  I haven't tried that yet, but I want to.  I don't really mind the oily feeling though, I think it feels good!     

Offline hudsonam

• View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: July 12, 2013, 06:20:13 PM »
Neo, I'm so sorry about your fur baby!  :'( It's so incredibly sad when we lose a pet. Sending lots of hugs, and well wishes in your new home and job!

I feel like I've been doing a lot of shopping but nothing really to talk about. Clothes mostly. I've been wanting to try a running skirt from Sparkleskirts.com but was hesitant because of the price, but they ARE made in the US which is nice. I finally did it today and it's already shipped, so I can't wait to try it. Lots of pockets and supposedly guaranteed not to ride up (the shorts underneath). I'll only wear my running skirts when I run outside though; I feel weird wearing them to the gym for some reason.  8)

My replacement Tieks are great so far (matte black) but I'm mostly wearing sandals at the moment. I did finally get a pair of Sanuks that I love and I just ordered my first pair of Toms from zulily.com.  :D

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: July 12, 2013, 07:57:29 PM »
NEO,  I am SO sorry about Neo!  It's positively heartbreaking.  We lost one of our dogs recently, but he was very old.  Still hard, though... :'(

It sounds like you have had lots of life changes and are very busy!  I hope you will check in on occasion.  We miss you!

I love coconut oil!  I also love coconut water and basically all things coconut! 

I purchased some workout wear from Nordstrom's sale. :)

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac