Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 184673 times)

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
  • Member 2434
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #3075 on: April 26, 2013, 05:01:40 AM »
I have been following the reports on Harvey (and praying for him and his family).
Thank you Jeff for bringing us the news.

Miss you, Dona & Jeff! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline sjc

• (Member 153)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: April 26, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »
Hi Everyone!!

(((HARVEY))) XO.

I've missed you all.  It's been a tough couple months.
LONG story short:  I quit the new job.  MORALLY; I couldn't work there a minute longer.  In the short time I was in their employ:  I was appaled by some of the activity around me.  Married people with children having affairs, people backstabbing eachother, gossip, lies...etc. TOO MUCH FOR ME. Sadly, by people who are old enough to know better.  It sickened me. I will find something more suitable to my standards.  Perhaps a smaller company with less drama.  I was so nervous there; I am down to 99 pounds.  I'll survive.

HOW IS EVERYONE?  REALLY???

Fight the Battle-Win the War

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: April 26, 2013, 06:29:49 PM »
I haven't been on for awhile. Lots going on at work. Been trying to help my daughter going through divorce. Ugly business. I'm will keep Harvey in my prayers. So sorry that he is going through so much. I think of everyone and hope to visit more often.

Online Betsy the Quilter

• "I'm a god. I'm not *the* God..."
  • Global Moderator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #3078 on: April 26, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »
Hi Everyone!!

(((HARVEY))) XO.

I've missed you all.  It's been a tough couple months.
LONG story short:  I quit the new job.  MORALLY; I couldn't work there a minute longer.  In the short time I was in their employ:  I was appaled by some of the activity around me.  Married people with children having affairs, people backstabbing eachother, gossip, lies...etc. TOO MUCH FOR ME. Sadly, by people who are old enough to know better.  It sickened me. I will find something more suitable to my standards.  Perhaps a smaller company with less drama.  I was so nervous there; I am down to 99 pounds.  I'll survive.

HOW IS EVERYONE?  REALLY???

sjc--

please take care of yourself!  99 lbs sounds like too little...

Kathy, it's great you can be there for your daughter, but what a painful process...thinking of you....

Betsy

Miss you, Dona & Jeff! | Joined 10/27/2008 | My website

In the metro DC area?  Come by my booth at Art on the Avenue in Alexandria, VA on Sat, Oct 4!

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: April 27, 2013, 08:03:54 PM »
Thanks again Jeff for the updates on Harvey. Sounds like a grueling surgery.

Sjc, ugh that job was not good for you. 99 lbs is tiny, I'm glad you left in order to maintain your sanity. It's not worth it & you will find something else.

Kathy, I'm so sorry that your daughter is going through divorce. My divorce was final 7/11, but  still battling the ex in court. It is a horrible process, but I'm glad you're there for her.

An update on me, I finished my 6 weeks of radiation yesterday. I was able to go straight through w/out missing a day. Experienced some tiredness & skin breakdown but all in all it wasn't bad. I now wait a month to give my body a rest & then I'll start my regimen of tamoxifen. I would like to ask you all for prayers for my dad. He had a heart attack on the 16th, & double bypass on the 18th. He was doing really well the first few days after surgery but he's had several setbacks since & it's very discouraging. He'll be 88 in less than 2 weeks & he's so weak. We were hoping he'd be out of the ICU by now but there's no talk of that now. Thanks everyone :)

Offline sjc

• (Member 153)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: May 03, 2013, 08:31:08 PM »
Ruby:   You are a trooper Hang in there. My Mom has been on tamoxifen five years come July. You can do this. Continued prayers for you and for your Dad.

Divorce:  One of the toughest things anyone can go through in life. Support is key. I had all of you; my real family,not so much. It was final three years this month.  Prayers for Anyone going through this awful, unfortunate process.

Deb??
Cindy??
Angela...it's been ages.
Andra?

Harvey:  (())
Geoffthomas = my rock. Your wisdom amazes and humbles me.

Update:  Maybe tomorrow. Maybe a day or two. I am not sure. I am afraid that if I start to type now; I will cry and I won't stop anytime soon. The Devil is at work; but the Lord shall prevail. Of that, I am certain. I will keep the faith.

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
  • Member 2434
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: May 04, 2013, 03:14:44 PM »
SJC - Never, ever forget that HE loves you.
You are so important that God became man and died on the cross - for YOU.
Now if that is not enough to make you feel good about yourself, I don't know what will.
And we love you too.

Miss you, Dona & Jeff! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Online Harvey

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
  • Love all, moderate all.
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #3082 on: May 05, 2013, 02:10:19 PM »
Hello good people, and thank you for your good thoughts and prayers. I've been back home for a few days, and am feeling better and more energetic every day. I'm thankful.

Ruby: I'm fortunate in that radiation is not in the plans for me, at this point at least. Yours sounds like a grueling regimen.

Prayers to Kathy and her daughter, to SJC and for a successful search for the right job at the right time, and for you all.

Offline alicepattinson

• Lucky me ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: May 06, 2013, 11:19:02 AM »
Through all our prayers, God always listens :) God bless everyone!

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: May 06, 2013, 05:29:56 PM »
Harvey, I'm so glad you are doing better. It is good hearing from you. Thanks Ruby. I'm praying for a quick recovery for you. SJC, hang in there.

It has been stressful for my daughter but she is strong. Her soon to be ex decided to talk her 16 and 14 year old boys to leave her and move into an apartment with him. Promised the 16 year old a car or rather the car my daughter drives. He wants the house, car and kids and her to move by Thursday. She just got served papers on Saturday. Luckily I had paid for a good lawyer which he didn't know about and now he is upset and trying to settle with her. He is not the biological father of the 16 yr old but has been with my daughter since he was 7 months old. Devin does not know he isn't his father and he did not list him in his divorce papers. Don't know why he thought he could get custody of him if he denied he was the father. Now that he knows she has a lawyer he wants to settle out of court. He told her she could have the boys and is trying get her out of the house. This wouldn't be so bad but she has not worked in 19 years and has not been able to find a job. Both boys are in excellent students and have never been in trouble. I'm worried that this is going to hurt them and effect their grades or they will start getting in trouble. Sorry for the long vent.

Online Betsy the Quilter

• "I'm a god. I'm not *the* God..."
  • Global Moderator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #3085 on: May 06, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »
Kathy, prayers for strength for your daughter, her kids and for you.

sjc, please take care of yourself.  You are loved.

Harvey, hugs for you and Carrie and your girls.

geoff--you are so solid...hugs for you, too

Prayers and hugs fro everyone.  I lurk here more than post...y'all do good work here.

Betsy

Miss you, Dona & Jeff! | Joined 10/27/2008 | My website

In the metro DC area?  Come by my booth at Art on the Avenue in Alexandria, VA on Sat, Oct 4!

Offline sjc

• (Member 153)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: May 06, 2013, 07:15:42 PM »
Thanks all. Managing. No job yet. Roof leaking. Important medical device broke/can't afford to replace. Trying for repair if possible. Other stuff: but it is what it is. I'll keep the faith.
Harvey:  thanks for the update and the encouragement. Hugs.
ALL:  I value you and keep you in my heart and my prayers.

Kathy:  of course he wants her to settle out of court!! My advice:  I would fight it to the finish. She will get a whole lot more and he knows it. My X gave my kids the moon n then some. So big deal:  They know who has the money. BUT in time (trust me) that will get old. They will realize they are being bought off and it won't sit well w them. When they don't feel well, or they want help, moral support, they will want Mom. Hubby can NOT force her out of the house. Use the lawyer; hubby WANTS her to back down. THE KIDS will be OK. They already have been taught values; you'll soon see how smart they are and how well they will adapt. I didn't bad mouth my rat:  they found out in good time for themselves. Like you said:  They are good students.

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: May 07, 2013, 04:39:15 PM »
Thanks SJC. You're right my kids hardly have anything to do with their dad. He didn't do much for them but at least he never tried to buy them. My daughter is going to fight him but I'm the one paying for it. Hopefully they will make him pay attorney fees and I'll get some of my money back. Not counting on it though. We'll know more Thursday. That's when the meet at court.

Hope you are getting better. Prayers to everyone.

Offline Cindy416

• Midwest
    • View Profile
    • My Eclectic Range
« Reply #3088 on: May 08, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »
Harvey, how wonderful to hear from you! You, your family, and your medical support team all remain in my prayers. I'll be looking forward to the day when you've completed both of your surgeries. I hope and pray that you are getting stronger every day.

Kathy, hang in there. I pray that things work out for the best for your daughter and her children, and I pray that you will be able to remain strong as you have the extremely important job of being their main support. It's tough to be in that capacity, but you will make it. Hang in there.

Sjc, I continue to pray that you will land a job that is a good fit for you. The last one certainly sounded like an emotional drain.

Geoff, you are a gem. I pray that your new job is all that you hoped it would be. Thank you for your never ending support that you give to all of us who need it. You are always in my prayers.

Ruby, you and your dad are in my prayers. You have been going through a lot, and I hope you can take a good measure of comfort in the knowledge that we, your OYB friends, are praying for you.

To any of you whose names and situations I have omitted, know that you are still in my prayers.

I'd like a ask for prayers for a situation I'm facing. I finally got up the nerve to see an orthopedist last week because I have pain in my knees, and have enough weakness that I have to go up and down stairs one foot at a time, like someone who's 100. ;)  When the dr. came into the room with my x-rays, he said we'd take a look at my really bad knees. I have very little if any cartilage left in either one, which explains that pain that I've lived with. (Luckily, I have a very high pain threshold.)  

As some of you know, I am one of those perennial people who are in the process of losing weight. My weight loss is very slow, and I've lost about 25 lbs. over the past couple of years. My biggest challenge is exercise that doesn't hurt my knees a lot (I have no access to a swimming pool). The doctor said that he refuses to perform knee surgery on anyone with a BMI above either 30 or 33 (I was pretty overwhelmed by that point, so I'm not sure). Mine is higher than that, but the Lord knows that I have been striving to have it below that range for a long time. Anyway, I've had cortisone shots in both knees now (never had both done at the same time before). Synovisc injections are the other possibility if the cortisone shots don't do the trick. (They won't add cartilage, so I'm sure I'll still have a problem.)  The doctor told me to work on my core and upper body strength, as a way to lose weight. I've been pretty discouraged since seeing him, but I don't want to have surgery that's riskier than necessary. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:21:33 AM by Cindy416 »

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."  Charles W. Eliot

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: May 11, 2013, 08:44:21 AM »
Sjc, thank you. I'm praying things turn around for you. I've had another little blip on my screen recently. Discovered I have a cyst on my left ovary so my gyn is recommending a hysterectomy & oophorectomy. I'm scheduled for this surgery on June 10. This will change my hormone therapy from Tamoxifen to Anastrozole. My sister is coming to help me out as my mom will be busy making sure my dad is ok at home. He got discharged to rehab on Monday & so far hasn't been very happy w/the place. It's been hard going from 1:1 care to crummy rehab setting. Its not that its unclean, unsafe etc., it's just meh. But he'll persevere & do what he needs to do in order to get out!

Geoff, you are a force here & I thank God for you.

Harvey, good to hear from you. Continued prayers for you & your family.

Kathy, Sjc gives wonderful advice. She's spot on when it comes to divorce. Sadly, your daughter's ex sounds too familiar. Don't let your daughter give up the fight. He's trying to take advantage of her & it's just so wrong. But he is only out to be vengeful & hurtful. I wasted thousands on crappy lawyers, who came highly recommended. But I now have an awesome attorney who's fighting hard for my daughters & me. Your grandchildren will realize soon if they haven't already who their dad is. It's not about stuff. It's about love & respect & listening to feelings when things are tough. My girls have shown such strength through all of this & I'm so proud of them.

Cindy, thank you for your prayers. I'm praying for you too as you cope with the pain in your knees & try to figure out the best & safest way to manage it. Surgery always comes with some risks. Keep up the good work w/your weight loss & try not to get discouraged. We are all here rooting for you :)

Prayers to all....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:36:58 AM by Ruby296 »

Offline sjc

• (Member 153)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: May 24, 2013, 11:20:33 AM »
Hello everyone. I do just want to let you know that you are all in my daily prayers. I am still job hunting but not full force b/c of so many other things I am dealing with. (house, ill parents, etc.) Ruby:  Thank you for that lovely compliment. On that note:  please everyone; update us; as we really do care. Just a line or two to let us know how you and your loved ones are.

Please stay strong, positive and keep the faith. Whether it be:  health, family, divorce, work, other:  God hears all prayers. 

I continue to be kind. It's cost me dearly...but I refuse to let anyone or anything change that; including family. They often confuse kindness w naivety; but that's what happens with those who think of only themselves.  Pray for my narrow minded family.  They never stop w the negativity and mistrust; even amongst themselves.  Money can be so destructive. If only they could see that. The journey towards selflessness is tiring; however, one day it will prove to be fruitful. Then those who never give of themselves and who judge; will seek remorse. Patience is a virtue.   
God Bless.

Offline sjc

• (Member 153)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: June 13, 2013, 04:28:54 AM »
Hi everyone I just want you to know I still keep you in my thoughts and my prayers daily.

I miss everyone on this thread and I noticed that we are not posting as often as we used to.  I'm sure that doesn't mean we are all well and couldn't use a prayer or two. God bless everyone.

Ruby296:  Bless you. You are strong and courageous.

Love to all. Hope you are all OK.   sjc

Offline Cindy416

• Midwest
    • View Profile
    • My Eclectic Range
« Reply #3092 on: June 13, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »
Hi everyone I just want you to know I still keep you in my thoughts and my prayers daily.

I miss everyone on this thread and I noticed that we are not posting as often as we used to.  I'm sure that doesn't mean we are all well and couldn't use a prayer or two. God bless everyone.

Ruby296:  Bless you. You are strong and courageous.

Love to all. Hope you are all OK.   sjc

Good to hear from you, sjc. I still keep everyone here in my thoughts and prayers, as well. We must be a pretty busy group since its been almost 3 weeks since anyone has posted here.  Take care!

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."  Charles W. Eliot

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: June 15, 2013, 01:37:29 PM »
sjc, Cindy & everyone, I'm thinking of all of you here & hope everyone is hanging in ok. I know I don't visit this thread often enough; will make a point to do so more often. Sjc, hope your job hunt is a little more fruitful. I have to get going on that soon too. I'd like to have something in place soon after the kids go back to school in September. I can't do anything really until then as they're too young to leave home alone for more than a short trip to the store. My dad has been home from his second stint in the hospital now for a week. He's making slow progress everyday & we are grateful. Sjc, continue to be the kind, caring wonderful person that you are. God knows all. Blessings, everyone.

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: June 26, 2013, 01:29:54 PM »
I need a lot of prayers right now. My husband has been very sick and is recovering but needs all the prayers he can get. I know in the past I have talked about his drinking problem. While I was out of town he became very sick and because of that he went into withdrawals from alcohol. By the time our neighbor found him he was in DTs and very sick. Now this sounds bad, but may have the best thing to ever happen to him. He has finally realized that he needs help and is now working on getting his health back. This is a very hard problem to overcome but he is doing well and I'm pleased with his progress.

My other issue is with my daughter. She has been going through a very ugly divorce for 2 years now. She just can't seem to get on the right track. I love her very much and have been helping her financially for the last year. She is draining me and just can't get past her bitterness. She has filled her life with losers and just won't move forward. This is effecting her boys terribly. They are 17 and 14 and have always been great kids. They still are, but now I'm faced with admitting they need to be with their dad at this point. It is so hard to know that I'm having to go against my daughter, but I have to make the right choices for the boys. I just don't feel like their best interest is not my daughter's priority right now. She is just wanting to make her ex miserable and using the boys to do it. On top of that she has moved to people into her home as roommates. They don't work and are on some kind of disability. So now there are 3 adults in the house smoking and not working. I need your prayers to help me make the right decisions and make sure that the boys are safe.

I think of everyone often. You are all in my prayers.

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: July 02, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »
Kathy, oh my gosh, you have so much on your plate right now. I'm sorry you're facing all of this. Please know I am sending out prayers & good wishes for things to start turning around for you & your family. I haven't been here long enough so I wasn't aware about your dh's drinking problem. I divorced my ex due to his alcoholism & continued refusal to seek help. I applaud your dh for getting the help he needs. This will in turn help you. I can also relate to your daughter's situation. Is she in any therapy? I harbored extreme anger toward my ex but w/the help of a great therapist I realized that all of that was just poisoning me, & I couldn't do that to myself. I've let go of a lot of anger, bitterness etc & while it's very hard, it's liberating. I don't know the particulars of their divorce but it's never a good idea to put the kids in the middle. Do they see their dad for visits? Does your daughter have an attorney you can talk to? (w/signed consent) It does sound like your daughter is "stuck" & that she's not able to look at the big picture right now. I hope that in time she will see that her choices are not helpful to anyone right now, especially her sons. I wish I had more to offer you. You can feel free to pm me if you'd like. I am sending loads of prayer & hugs your way. Ruby

Offline sjc

• (Member 153)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: July 10, 2013, 03:44:52 PM »
Kathy:  It is with love that I say this:  Do what you think is best for the boys. Your daughter has had time to adjust and it sounds as though she chooses to continue making poor choices. At first help is needed; and you were there...plenty.  Now it is two years later... Shame on her. Follow your instincts for the boys and DO NOT feel guilty. She is an adult and not taking responsibility. We advised you to help her and you have:  upon doing what is best for the kids is still helping whether she realizes it or not. GOD BLESS YOU. As for your hubby:  You are 100% right... He needed the school of hard knocks. My brother is sober 7 years last month. It took moving mountains:  but he finally realized for himself; after years of us begging, that he needed help. It took a stranger following him and banging on his door and telling him off to wake him up. It took her 30 seconds to do what we couldn't in 30 years!!
YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS (And my heart). sjc

GeoffThomas
Deb
Leslie
Harvey
Cindy
Ruby
Betsy
Jeff
Meredith
Atindra
Etc...     PRAYERS.  ALWAYS

Online CraigInOregon

• Oregon
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Craig-Hasen.com
« Reply #3097 on: July 10, 2013, 11:34:05 PM »
Prayer request on behalf of author T.L. Haddix and her husband Glendon.

Glendon's dad went through colon cancer surgery earlier this week. They're waiting to hear final prognosis on what was removed. It appears to have been caught early on. Let's pray for no chemo necessary, as that is Glendon's wish for his dad.

THE
WOODSMAN

SPOILED

NICE GIRL
LIKE YOU

DEVOHRAH
INITIATIVE

UNDER
CONTRACT

SHADA

MOST
LIKELY
I believe the road to hell is paved with adverbs, and I will shout it from the rooftops. -Stephen King

Offline Jeff

• McGregor, Texas
  • Member 95
    • View Profile
    • J. Hepple, Inc.
« Reply #3098 on: July 11, 2013, 05:14:42 AM »
Prayer request on behalf of author T.L. Haddix and her husband Glendon.

Glendon's dad went through colon cancer surgery earlier this week. They're waiting to hear final prognosis on what was removed. It appears to have been caught early on. Let's pray for no chemo necessary, as that is Glendon's wish for his dad.
Absolutely. Please tell them that we miss them.

Offline sjc

• (Member 153)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: July 11, 2013, 05:17:26 AM »
T.L.'s Dad will certainly be in my prayers. I am glad it was detected early. Please keep us updated. ((T.L.))  sjc