Author Topic: OLD 2012 POST Authors Please NOMINATE your books for BOOK OF THE DAY  (Read 16099 times)  

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
    • View Profile
    • A Somewhat Silly Story
Re: Authors Please NOMINATE your books for BOOK OF THE DAY
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2012, 03:27:53 pm »
Thanks for the opportunity!

Book Description Sir Nathan and the Quest for Queen Gobbledeegook is a silly fairy tale, written for ages 7 through 12, and for those young at heart.

Queen Gobbledeegook has gone missing and it is up to Sir Nathan, the Hero of Mariskatania, to find her. Along the way he meets all sorts of odd folks, including pixies and wizards and a hulking creature named Mitzy that likes to knit. The land of Mariskatania is a colorful one, filled with bright Jubb Jubb Trees and fuzzy, blue Hobnobber Squirrels who spend all their time looking for Huckle Nuts.

Bio Mark Smith lives in a small town in the Midwest and has enjoyed the creative outlet of writing since a young age. Sir Nathan and the Quest for Queen Gobbledeegook was originally written as a silly romp through a land of adventure for the author's young nieces and nephews. Now it has been rewritten and edited for a general release, aimed at other children like the author's 9 year old son and for those young at heart.

Read my books or evil wins. You don't want that.
Mark Simon Smith | website

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline harpwriter

• Minnesota
      • View Profile
      • The Blue Bells Trilogy
    « Reply #76 on: February 21, 2012, 07:41:27 pm »
    Thank you for the opportunity.

BOOK BLURB:

Shawn Kleiner has it all: money, fame, a skyrocketing career as an international musical phenomenon, his beautiful girlfriend Amy, and all the women he wants--until the night Amy has enough and leaves him  stranded in a Scottish castle tower.

He wakes up to find himself mistaken for Niall Campbell, medieval Highland warrior.  Soon after, he is sent shimmying down a wind-torn castle wall into a dangerous cross country trek with Niall's tempting, but knife-wielding fiancee.  They are pursued by English soldiers and a Scottish traitor who want Niall dead.

Thrown forward in time, Niall learns historys horrifying account of his own death, and of the Scots slaughter at Bannockburn.  Undaunted, he navigates the roiled waters of Shawns life--pregnant girlfriend, amorous fans, enemies, and gambling debts--seeking a way to leap back across time to save his people, especially his beloved Allene.  His growing fondness for Shawns life brings him face to face with his own weakness.

More information is at: www.bluebellstrilogy.com

Offline momilp

• per aspera ad astra
      • View Profile
      • Monica La Porta
    « Reply #77 on: February 22, 2012, 09:03:18 pm »
    Paula, sent you an email. Thank you!

Offline EStoops

• Washington State
      • View Profile
    « Reply #78 on: February 22, 2012, 09:19:35 pm »
    Done! Thanks so much for the opportunity.
    SmallTomatoesPress.blogspot.com -- my publisher's blog, in which I am portrayed as a tad more neurotic than I really am....I think...maybe.

Offline J. Eathen

• Aspiring Polymath
      • View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: February 23, 2012, 07:35:23 pm »
    Thanks Paula, sent you an email.

Offline Flurries Unlimited

• Eastbourne, UK
      • View Profile
      • Flurries Unlimited
    « Reply #80 on: February 24, 2012, 03:09:30 pm »
    Thank you very much for all of these.  I'd thought this thread had gone dead--so I'm glad I checked back!  ;D

Just so you know, I am working my way through the list one a day and hope to get to everyone who's listed by the end of March/beginning of April.  I will email or message you individually closer to your posting date.

Meanwhile, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected] with any questions, queries or special requests.

Thank you again! :-)

Best wishes, Paula
    FLURRIES UNLIMITED
    A new place for all things E-book

http://flurriesofwords.blogspot.com/  http://flurriesofwords.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline StephenLivingston

• Scotland
    • http://www.facebook.com/stephen.m.livingston
      • View Profile
      • Stephen Livingston's Blog
    « Reply #81 on: February 24, 2012, 03:13:54 pm »
    I'd like to nominate my collection of short stories - Kindling.

US - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YDU4PA
    UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004YDU4PA

Kindling - a collection of twelve tales by award-winning short story author Stephen Livingston. Written in a wide range of styles and covering a variety of themes from art, science and politics to metamorphosis, madness and murder.

Best wishes, Stephen Livingston.

Offline Amyshojai

• North Texas
    • Pet Info-Tainment & Pet-Centric Thrillers!
      • View Profile
      • Amy's Pet Peeves Newsletter
    « Reply #82 on: February 24, 2012, 03:38:21 pm »
    Wow, thanks for the opportunity! I'd like to nominate Complete Kitten Care (in siggy below), an award-winning nonfiction title with all the "must knows" of keeping your furry love happy and healthy. It also includes SQUEEEE! adorable kitten pictures! With kitten season fast approaching the timing is purrr-fect!

Offline theaatkinson

• Canada
    • Fiction to the Left of Mainstream
      • View Profile
      • GonzoInk
    « Reply #83 on: February 24, 2012, 03:39:10 pm »
    At the risk of sounding immodest, I'd like to nominate One Insular Tahiti as Book of the Day.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042RUKSE/ref=r_ea_s_t

Luke MacIsaac is dead, and not restfully dead. His death has come the way he always feared it would: in the claustrophobic, underground heat of a Cape Breton coal mine. He had suspected it would end this way, had embraced it even, so while his body is buried, his soul settles into a watery existence of endless waiting.

But in short order the placid waters of his afterlife turn to rolling seas of time and memory as his violent past plays out again for him. Images of war, childhood abuse, and the tortured life of a brother he loved and failed threaten to inundate him.

More than anything, he wants to escape.

In his confusion and pain, he senses a kindred spirit in Astrid, a newborn struggling to stay alive. Luke helps her in hopes she may one day be the one who brings him out of his purgatory and into a new incarnation.

He discovers too late that Astrid's soul is linked to his hellish past life. Now he must experience all the anguish they went through together, and watch helplessly as Astrid goes through sorrows of her own, before the two of them can finally meet in this world and find peace together.

Fiction to the left of Mainstream| Phoenix is FREE
    Thea Atkinson | get more freebies

Offline MartinCrosbie

• Vancouver, Canada
      • View Profile
      • [url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006O2P13O/?tag=kindleboards-20]My Temporary Life[/url]
    « Reply #84 on: February 24, 2012, 10:43:08 pm »
    Thanks for the opportunity to talk about "My Temporary Life"

Heroes are not born. Theyre made.

Malcolm Stewarts strength was forged during harsh childhood daysugly days when he faced down schoolyard bullies and endured the neglect of a promiscuous mother. It is a strength that he has wielded to defend himself and his friends.

Yet those years and traumas have taken their toll. Somewhere along the way, Malcolm Stewart lost his love of life.

That changes the day when beautiful, tempestuous Heather enters his world. He feels the stirrings of something long dormant. And when he learns of Heathers own abusive childhoodand the daughter that she was forced to leave behindMalcolm knows one thing:

He must help Heather get her little girl back.

Their harrowing quest takes them from Scotland to a remote corner of Canada. There, Malcolm faces more than he bargained forfrom being accused of kidnapping, to being targeted by an enraged psycho. And he discovers that Heathers story is more tragic than he could ever have imagined.

Yet his love for this woman with the flaming red hairand for a little girl he has yet to meetgives Malcolm Stewart the one thing he desperately needs: A chance to be reborn.

A chance to become the hero he never dreamed he could be.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006O2P13O

Live on Kindle Scout "The Dead List" https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/POHVZFDILWA3
    Martin Crosbie | Website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Judy Powell

• Canada
      • View Profile
      • Judy Powell, Author
    « Reply #85 on: February 25, 2012, 02:37:30 am »
    Thanks for the offer!  Will be emailing you shortly.

B005OTKXKO
    B0066UUR6A | author website | blog

Offline Arthur Slade

• Saskatoon, Canada
    • Worlds of Imagination
      • View Profile
      • Arthur Slade's Books
    « Reply #86 on: February 25, 2012, 04:53:26 am »
    Thanks for this!

Dust

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M8SSBO

For fans of Stephen King and Ray Bradbury...

Imagine a depression-era town where it hasnt rained for years. A pale rainmaker with other-worldly eyes brings rain to the countryside and mesmerizes the townspeople, but the children begin to disappear one by one. Only young Robert Steelgate is able to resist the rainmakers spell and begin the struggle to discover what has happened to his missing brother and the other children.

"Read the riveting first chapter of Dust and you're already past the point of no return. Arthur Slade writes with the art and grace of a hypnotist, and you won't be able to put this book down. It's sensational!" Kenneth Oppel, New York Times bestselling author of AIRBORN and SKYBREAKER.

Offline Guardian

• Somewhere between two realms
      • View Profile
      • Crystal Shade: Angeni - Official Homepage
    « Reply #87 on: February 25, 2012, 04:57:54 am »
    I'd like to nominate my Epic / YA Fantasy, Crystal Shade: Angeni.

Description:
    Thousands of stars could tell thousands of stories.

Seven year old Grace always dreamt of becoming a guardian angel; like those who guarded and guided her people and prepared to bravely fight in a dreaded mythical event, the Crystal Shade which never came. It's not like Grace ever wanted to see Demons. Or wants to know what evil and darkness is things that no one ever faced on her world and as the legends says, the Crystal Shade carries within , nor does she want to die to be reborn as a guardian. But she thinks the mysterious life of angels is so noble, a fable that it sounds exciting until it actually happens.

Crystal Shade: Angeni, Volume 1 explores the early life of a young daydreaming soul who is destined to reveal the forgotten past of her home world and to seek the answer for the eternal question; what the legendary Crystal Shade really is.

Length: 147740 words.

Biography:
    Istvan Szabo, Ifj.
    "Creator, Writer and Illustrator"
    Based out of Budapest, Hungary, Istvan began his writing and art career at a young age. His strengths include Science Fiction, Fantasy, Thrillers, as well as Spiritual, Romantic, and Political works. At the beginning of his career, two companies entrusted Istvan to create and write the stories of two of their video games. Since 2007, working parallel on several different projects, Istvan mostly developed and worked on the Crystal Shade franchise and wrote Crystal Shade: Angeni. As an artist for hire, he has created illustrations, character art, short CGI animations and marketing materials for various projects as well as for his own works, Crystal Shade: Angeni, 7 Post Meridiem, Nightfall and other unannounced projects. In 2007, Istvan produced his first short movie "15 Minutes of Fame", in which Istvan was the screenwriter, director and storyboard artist. "15 Minutes of Fame" won 3rd Place at the UPC-AXN Film Festival 2007.

Orlanda Szabo
    "Co-writer and Editor"
    Orlanda Szabo screenwriter/author lives in the middle of Canada. Her writing skills include edits, rewrites and consultations in a wide variety of genres. She is adept at adapting book to screenplay and screenplay to book. She is currently under contract to script Lisa R. Taylor's Welcome To: I Don't Know, Idaho. She has written numerous features, shorts and TV series pilots, some of which she will be adapting to book. She truly loves to work in science fiction, fantasy, supernatural and thrillers.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:00:50 am by Guardian »
    "As above, so below. As within, so without."

Offline stacyjuba

• View Profile
      • Stacy Juba Web Site
    « Reply #88 on: February 26, 2012, 04:48:44 am »

Twenty-Five Years Ago Today -

http://www.amazon.com/Twenty-Five-Years-Ago-Today-ebook/dp/B003U4WVKA/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1330260325&sr=1-1
    UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twenty-Five-Years-Ago-Today-ebook/dp/B003U4WVKA/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1330260395&sr=1-1

Should we dig for the truth when Pandoras Box is a coffin of buried secrets?

Kris Langley has always been obsessed with murder. She blames herself for the violent death of her cousin when they were kids and has let guilt invade every corner of her existence. Now an editorial assistant and obit writer, Kris stumbles across an unsolved murder while compiling 25 Years Ago Today items from the microfilm. Determined to solve the case and atone for the death of her cousin, Kris immerses herself in the mystery of what happened to Diana Ferguson, a talented artist who expressed herself through haunting paintings of Greek mythology.

Not only does Kris face resistance from her family and her managing editor, she also clashes with Dianas suspicious nephew, Eric Soares until neither she nor Eric can deny the chemistry flaring between them. She soon learns that old news never leaves the morgue and that yesterdays headline is tomorrows danger, for finding out the truth about that night twenty-five years ago may shatter Kriss present, costing her love, her career, and ultimately, her life.

Bio: Although Stacy Juba specializes in writing adult novels, she has also authored books for children and young adults she pursues whatever story ideas wont leave her alone. Stacys titles include the mystery novels Twenty-Five Years Ago Today and Sink or Swim, the mystery short story Laundry Day, the childrens picture books The Flag Keeper, Victoria Rose and the Big Bad Noise, and the Teddy Bear Town Childrens E-Book Bundle (Three Complete Picture Books), and the young adult novels Face-Off and Dark Before Dawn. She is a former journalist with more than a dozen writing awards to her credit and is currently working on a contemporary fiction/romantic comedy novel, as well as a new mystery novel. Many of her titles have appeared as #1 on various Amazon Kindle Top 100 lists. Visit her web site at www.stacyjuba.com.
    I'm the author of 10 published books including the Hockey Rivals series for young adults, the Storybook Valley chick lit series, mystery novels, and the patriotic children's book The Flag Keeper. I also teach the Book Editing Blueprint online writing class, helping authors who need guidance on how to edit a book, and am a freelance developmental editor. My goal is to save writers from overwhelm, showing them how to edit their own writing.
    Hello! I'm a fiction author, freelance editor, and online course creator
    Stacy Juba | Author website | Shortcuts for Writers | Shortcuts for Writers Facebook Group | Instagram | Twitter | Free Line Editing Class

Offline Elmore Hammes

• Anderson, Indiana
    • The Twenty Dollar Bill by Elmore Hammes
      • View Profile
      • The Official Web Site of Elmore Hammes
    « Reply #89 on: February 26, 2012, 06:04:42 am »
    I would like to offer up my general fiction novel, The Twenty Dollar Bill.

It has been my most popular and favorably reviewed book - 14 out of 17 reviews on Amazon are 5 stars, with a 4.8 overall rating. Here's the requested information:

Book Description:

Follow the path of a twenty dollar bill as it is stolen, given, spent or otherwise passed from person to person, traveling from place to place.

No bombastic explosions, steamy sex scenes, political intrigue or cosmic encounters. Just slices of life from the people you walk by every day - glimpses into how ordinary people interact, how they think, how they feel and how they love.

A contemporary novel exploring every day interactions and relationships.

Author Bio:

Elmore Hammes is a novelist and short story writer. His short stories have appeared in publications ranging from obscure e-zines to nationally distributed magazines. His writing is as eclectic as his reading habits, including from young adult fantasy, science fiction, contemporary literature, humor and superhero stories.

He participates in Mainstage Community Theatre in Anderson, Indiana. His favorite roles would include Jonathan Brewster in Arsenic and Old Lace, Professor Marvel in the Wizard of Oz and Uncle Barnaby in Babes in Toyland.

Twice a year, he goes on mission trips with St. Patrick's Church of Oxford, Indiana to help build homes in Mexico.

He shares his home with two cats, Chuck and Snuggles, although Snuggles does not acknowledge Chuck's existence. He has recently started volunteering for the Animal Protection League in central Indiana, but has thus far resisted adding to his feline collection.

Thanks for the chance to share my book!
    Elmore
    Amazon Link for The Twenty Dollar Bill Kindle Edition: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012MYS44
    Amazon Link for The Twenty Dollar Bill Paperback Edition: http://www.amazon.com/Twenty-Dollar-Bill-Elmore-Hammes/dp/061514716X
    Author Profile Page: http://www.amazon.com/Elmore-Hammes/e/B006X50EDO

EDITED to add the UK link:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0012MYS44
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:06:50 am by Elmore Hammes »

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #90 on: February 26, 2012, 07:08:15 am »
    I check these posts every day and never saw this one until today. So I'll be emailing you with my info. Thanks.

Joyce

Offline greatparenting

• New York
    • Yes, this is me!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #91 on: February 26, 2012, 08:34:56 am »
    Wow, lovely offer, so I throw my hat/book into the ring gratefully. It's titled "Raising Amazing Children (...While Having a Life of Your Own).

Mine is a parenting book for busy parents who probably don't have time to read a book but still want to be great parents. The premise is that when you have children you don't actually have to give up everything you enjoyed BC (before children), but, rather, you all benefit from finding the easy, everyday ways to integrate your kids into your existing life and share as much as possible. Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0077F8ZTE

Want to Be a Happier Parent? My Book Can Help!
    Raising Amazing Children (...While Having a Life of Your Own)
    I promise you can!

Offline Ras Ashcroft

• UK
      • View Profile
      • RasFormat - Professional eBook Formatting
    « Reply #92 on: February 26, 2012, 09:59:38 am »
    Thanks Paula, I've sent you an email about 'Supervillain: The Concise Guide'. :)

UK Chaps: Click Here
    Twitter: @RasAshcroft
    Facebook: Ras Ashcroft's Page

Offline Grace Elliot

• London
    • Grace Elliot - Fall in Love with History
      • View Profile
      • Grace Elliot- Fall in Love with History.
    « Reply #93 on: February 26, 2012, 10:10:39 am »
    I'd love to nominate "Eulogy's Secret"

Currently rated 4.6/5 stars (18 reviews ) on Amazon US.

Eulogy's Secret - a story of greed, prejudice and a stolen identity.
    In the four weeks since her guardians death, Eulogy Foster has lost everything.
    Penniless and alone she seeks the help of her estranged brother, Lord Lucien Devlin. But Devlin turns Eulogy onto the streets, where she is attacked and thrown onto the mercy of a passing stranger, Jack Huntley. As Eulogy seeks the truth behind her birth, she is drawn into the world of art and artists, where her morals are challenged and nothing is as it seems.
    Jack Huntley: bitter, cynical and betrayed in love. He believes women are devious, scheming, untrustworthy creatures - and when he rescues a nave Miss from being raped, his life is about to change forever. There is something about Miss Foster that haunts him and challenges his emotions. But despite their growing attraction, Eulogy will not share her secret, which means he cannot trust her. Caught in a deadlock, with both denying their true feelings, events take a sinister turn as someone seeks to silence Eulogy.forever.

Fall in Love with History
    Grace Elliot | Blog | Google Plus | Facebook

Offline TiffanyTurner

• Silicon Valley, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #94 on: February 26, 2012, 10:29:41 am »
    I'll nominate my first book, The Lost Secret of Fairies. It's currently on a free price match for the Kindle. Normally, it's priced at $0.99.
    Link: http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Secret-Fairies-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B002C1A2BM

Description:
    Wanda had always read about adventure. Now she was in the middle of one. The World of Fairies is real, and she is their new Crystal Keeper, human caretaker to the World of Fairies. But the Fairy World is in trouble. The fairies are falling ill from the pollution that ravages the world above. Wanda has to find the key to their cure, before it is too late.

But like in all adventures, there are a few unanswered questions to solve. What has happened to the old Keeper? What are Germites? And can Wanda get used to her cat giving her backtalk while trying not to get grounded for helping the fairies? Join Wanda on her adventure, while she finds out that sometimes the best solution to a problem is the one you find within yourself.

Author Bio:
    This is Tiffany Turner's first novel in the Crystal Keeper Chronicles. When not writing, she teaches elementary students the joys of literature through Writing Workshop strategies and her own experiences. She also plays the Gaelic harp at different Renaissance Fairs in Northern California. She enjoys traveling while researching ideas for her novels. When not traveling, she likes to spend quiet time with her husband and cat.

**Any questions, feel free to message me on the board.
    I do not consent to the new TOS, and do not give my consent by posting and maintaining my membership here.
    Children's Adventure/Fantasy series
    www.tiffany-turner.com
    Blog: http://crystalkeeper.wordpress.com

Offline Susanne O

• Europe
      • View Profile
      • Suzy
    « Reply #95 on: February 26, 2012, 10:36:20 am »
    Hi!  :)

I'm Paula from 'Flurries of Words' and I am looking for indie authors to nominate their books for consideration as our featured book of the day.  You can either reply with the title and Amazon link here or write to me at [email protected].

Detailed book descriptions and any biographical information you could offer would also be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much and I hope to hear from you soon!  :)

--Paula at Flurries of Words

I would like to nominate Finding Margo (A Contemporary Romance, set in France)

Description:
    When Margo misreads a roadmap while travelling by car through France, her husband Alan flies into one of his habitual rages. Tired of his constant bad moods, Margo slips away from him at a motorway caf. She hitches a lift with a woman truck driver and escapes into the French countryside. What follows is adventure and romance far beyond her wildest dreams. Will Alan find her before she finds herself?

Offline amiblackwelder

• Florida
    • AngelFire Chronicles
      • View Profile
      • Ami Blackwelder's Novels
    « Reply #97 on: February 26, 2012, 01:32:17 pm »
    Please nominate mine THE MERS or The Day the Flowers Died or The Shifters of 2040
    http://amiblackwelder.blogpsot.com

Offline Kathelm

• View Profile
      • Kalharia
    « Reply #98 on: February 26, 2012, 02:35:42 pm »
    I'd like to nominate Harbingers of Mortality

Thanks.

Epic Fantasy
    "An Exercise in Futility" - $0.99
    "Harbingers of Mortality" - $2.99
    "Smite Me, Oh Dark One" - Free short story
    "Klondaeg The Monster Hunter" - $2.99
    "Klondaeg and the Klondaeg Hunters" - $2.99
    "Klondaeg: Lord of Heroes" - $2.99

Offline seanday

• View Profile
      • SeanDay.net
    « Reply #99 on: February 27, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »
    Sent you an email. Thanks for the opportunity!

Find me online at http://SeanDay.net

KBoards.com

• Advertisement