Author Topic: Invisible Gadget Guard for the Kindle DX  (Read 5427 times)  

Offline pleeho

• View Profile
Invisible Gadget Guard for the Kindle DX
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:21:23 pm »
http://www.gadgetguard.com/magento/index.php/other/amazon-kindle-dx-cases-screen-protectors-covers-invisible-shields-skins.html

If you want heavy-duty screen protection which becomes scratch-proof, try this one - check out the demos on Gadgetguards website above.  I've got no financial or other ties to gadget guard or any other business product of any kind.  I've also tried Zagg's InvisibleShields (have it on 2 of my cameras & on my Kindle2 - http://www.amazon.com/ZAGG-invisibleSHIELD-Generation-Kindle-Full/dp/B00209EXWU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245988434&sr=1-3) and I don't see any difference from Gadgetguard, only that Zagg's InvisibleShield is more heavily advertised, thus more expensive ($33 for full-body protection).  I've also tried Boxwaves screen protectors (my ipod classic, my old treo phone, and covering my primary Canon dSLR), and these Gadgetguards and Zagg's Invisibleshields with their thickness, paddedness (almost like kevlar) are much above the Boxwaves in quality - the Boxwave shields (http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-ClearTouch-Anti-Glare-Protector/dp/B001TYRYHS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245988732&sr=1-3) are thin and not so protective and I don't see that they are any more "anti-glare" than either Zagg's or Gadgetguards.  Gadgetguards are solid and would be my choice over either Invisibleshields or Boxwaves or iKross (premium iKross which I have on two of  my other dSLR cameras are more rigid clear Japanese screens and easy to apply, but scratch-prone & optically prone to rainbow-scatter effects).

You have to use 1 drop of dishwasher soap in a cup of distilled water to help ease this huge piece of floppy plastic onto the large KDX screen.  It is NOT EASY to apply and get all the bubbles out, but very do-able.  A dust/lint-free environment in which to do this application is a big plus (under a good laboratory hood would be ideal, or for us mortals, a nearby air-filter or fan might do the trick).  This screen protector DOES create some additional shiny reflection issue versus not having any screen protector in place - the boxwaves may be the slightly less reflective, but this is NOT obvious and in any case is NOT a big issue from what I see.  All these screen protectors CAN be removed without any residue using some soap/water wipes.

PROS: outstanding, THICK, scratchless screen protection.  No problems reading through it, no optical distortion. No fingerprint problems once you apply it.  Malleable & pliable so you can create an absolutely perfect fit for the KDX.  You can go with the total-body gadgetguard for $25 and feel confident you won't scratch up your precious DX (http://www.gadgetguard.com/magento/index.php/other/amazon-kindle-dx-cases-screen-protectors-covers-invisible-shields-skins-full-body.html)

CONS: can be quite difficult to apply perfectly and will take time to get all the bubbles out with a credit card or squeegy - but this is true for almost all other screen protectors. The only decent screen protector available which is easy to put on without the bubbling problem are the iKross ones, but these are not yet available for kindles and they have their own problems (optical probs like glare & rainbow patterns, sliding off issues, iKross screens become heavily scratched eventually).  You have to be careful when using soapy distilled water so you don't damage the kindle with excessive water. Once applied, there will be a noticeable extra shine to the screen which may be undesirable with direct lighting.  NOT CHEAP ($14.99 shipped if bought on ebay).

FINAL VERDICT: GO FOR the Gadgetguard if you've decided to get protected and if you're experienced with applying LCD screen protectors & squeegying out tiny bubbles.  If you've not done this before you might be better off taking a pass on this one.  Maybe wait for some premium glare-free clear RIGID (thus easy to apply) screen protectors to come out, or just go bare and risk eventually scratching up your screen.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline magentonews_uk

• View Profile
    Re: Invisible Gadget Guard for the Kindle DX
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 06:33:55 am »
    You have chosen the right application to promote as Magento is the best application.

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
    Re: Invisible Gadget Guard for the Kindle DX
    « Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:24:58 pm »
    thanks
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." David Brinkle

KBoards.com

• Advertisement