Author Topic: Paperbacks and how to promote for better sales  (Read 592 times)  

Offline number12

• Japan
  • There was a time that Raistlin had normal eyes.
    • View Profile
    • Ebooks4all
Paperbacks and how to promote for better sales
« on: March 30, 2012, 05:34:33 pm »
I just got done with createspacce's paperback proofing of my fantasy book.
https://www.createspace.com/3824746
I am posting on the usual places, i.e. FB,Twitter,Google+ and of course my blogs.
What I would like to know from any out there who is doing both e-books and paperbacks is what other ways are there to promote your paperback books?
To learn more about me here is my author page on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Omar-Pina-Pena/e/B007E49PQK/

My books so far.
The time is now. The place is Japan. The mystery and magic of a world behind
the next corner starts to unfold in the first of the series.
Memories first of the Amber light series

(Many thanks to those on the boards for helping me make a better cover.
I redid it because I want my series to have close covers
that run the same theme.)

To Sue a Lucas is now free on Smashwords and my blogs at the following:
http://weeklyomar

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline glennlangohr

• San Clemente, California
    • Author Glenn Langohr
      • View Profile
      • Amazon Author Page U.S.
    Re: Paperbacks and how to promote for better sales
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 06:54:06 pm »
    I have been so caught up promoting my kindle books, I completely forgot about my paperback! Go to createspace and look help remind me.

Offline churlishfellow

• Belleville, Wi
      • View Profile
      • A Somewhat Silly Story
    « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 07:16:38 pm »
    I've been finding bloggers who will do reviews and post them to help drive mention of the books.  Goodreads has some good groups for mentioning books.  Also, just plain old footwork in taking your work to local bookstores - I got 3 to carry my book just this past week.

Read my books or evil wins. You don't want that.
    Mark Simon Smith | website

Offline MadCityWriter

• View Profile
      • Musings of a MadCityWriter
    « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 09:21:19 pm »
    I don't market my paperbacks separately from the ebook version.  When I offer a book to a reviewer, I tell them it's available in either format. When I mention my book in a press release, blog, or interview, I say that it is available both ways. For this month my paperback sales are running about even with my ebook sales, and all but one of the books were purchased directly through Amazon.

I had emailed a couple of niche bookstores to see if they would stock copies of the book, but then I realized that my royalty when sold through a bookstore is pretty miniscule compared to what I get through Amazon. So I'm not pushing that venue right now. However, I do tell people they can order it either through their local bookstore (in most cases) or directly through Amazon, because I hate to see bookstores fail (not that they would fail due to not stocking my book, but it's the idea of Amazon being so ubiquitous.).

Does anybody know if getting good rankings with the ebook version (say after a free promotion) help get the paperback recommended by Amazon? Probably the biggest difference in marketing the paperback is there is no easy way to push the rankings, like with free ebook promotion through Select or price matching.

Uncovering murder and mayhem, one mile at a time...
    M. J. Williams | M. J. Williams on Facebook | Musings of a MadCityWriter Blog

Offline Victorine

• Nebraska
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 09:26:38 pm »
    When my ebook sales increase, usually my paperback sales increase as well. I really only promote my ebook, and let CreateSpace handle the paperbacks. I do order some when I am going to speak or something. They're nice for that, but that's really all I do.
    Not What She Seems - A NYT's Bestseller

Now Available! Accidentally Married

Offline number12

• Japan
    • There was a time that Raistlin had normal eyes.
      • View Profile
      • Ebooks4all
    « Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 09:53:23 pm »
    It is so interesting that the opinions differ so vastly. Though I should have guessed.
    The kicker that I have is I currently reside in Japan so the footwork for a book store to carry my book is really not that great considering that KDP publishing and Createspace do not link in Amazon Japan. Which irks me but I think it will eventually be fixed. I hope.
    To learn more about me here is my author page on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Omar-Pina-Pena/e/B007E49PQK/

My books so far.
    The time is now. The place is Japan. The mystery and magic of a world behind
    the next corner starts to unfold in the first of the series.
    Memories first of the Amber light series

(Many thanks to those on the boards for helping me make a better cover.
    I redid it because I want my series to have close covers
    that run the same theme.)

To Sue a Lucas is now free on Smashwords and my blogs at the following:
    http://weeklyomar

KBoards.com

• Advertisement