Author Topic: Personal Messages: A Great Feature  (Read 1947 times)  

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
Personal Messages: A Great Feature
« on: October 31, 2008, 04:55:00 am »
Hi everyone,

I know many people came here from Amazon and this may be your first time in an online forum with an interface such as we have here. One feature I want to bring to your attention are personal messages (PMs). There was no capability to send PMs at Amazon so you may not be aware of this feature.

Basically, a PM allows you to communicate with another forum member privately. PMs are very useful and allow people to have conversations that might be a bit more personal or off-topic for the open board.

You can configure your PMs in your profile that you will receive an announcement every time you receive one. You can also configure it so that you will receive an email message when you receive a PM. Neither of these are required -- I just wanted to point out these options.

Please keep in mind that PMs are just that --- private. You should not share the content of a PM, either on the forum or with another member, without the original sender's permission. In general, a good rule of thumb is to not share the content of PMs, period.

Enjoy and happy messaging!

Leslie

Leslie Nicoll

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    Re: Personal Messages: A Great Feature
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 11:40:11 am »
    I forgot to add: to send a PM, just click on the person's name. That will bring up their profile. At the bottom of the screen is a choice for "send this member a personal message." That will open dialog box (looks like email) and you just write and send.

There are other ways to get into the message system but that is probably the quickest and easiest for the moment.

Leslie

Leslie Nicoll

KBoards.com

• Advertisement