Author Topic: Bargain Books-List all books under 3 bucks here.  (Read 429476 times)  

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• "I write with my paintbrush and paint with my pen"
    • View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
Re: Bargain Books-List all books under 3 bucks here.
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2015, 02:52:28 pm »
The David Chronicles: three books in one
A story of a lifetime, spun
From youth to death, with ancient lore
Filled with drama, through love and war

★ Love reading? Get this trilogy ★
The David Chronicles
Kindle Countdown deal February 21-February 27
Also, get Home FREE

Book Description:

Here is the story of David as you have never heard it before: from the king himself, telling the unofficial version, the one he never allowed his court scribes to recount. In his mind, history is written to praise the victoriousbut at the last stretch of his illustrious life, he feels an irresistible urge to tell the truth. In the first volume, Rise to Power, David gives you a fascinating account of his early years, culminating with a tribal coronation. Rooted in ancient lore, his is a surprisingly modern memoir.

Volume I: Rise to Power

This volume starts at his coming to Saul's court, to play before king Saul, and ends with his coronation to become king of a single tribe. How does David see himself, during this first phase of his life? With his hands stained with blood, can he find an inner balance between conflicting drives: his ambition for the crown, his determination to survive the conflict with Saul, and his longing for purity, for a touch of the divine, as expressed so lyrically in his psalms and music?

In an era of cruelty, when destroying the enemy is deemed a sacred directive, the slayer of Goliath finds a way to become larger than life. His search for a path to power leads him in ways that are, at times, scandalous. Notorious for his contradictions, David is seen by others as a gifted court entertainer, a successful captain in Sauls army, a cunning fugitive, a traitor leading a gang of felons, and a ruthless raider of neighboring towns who leaves no witnesses behind.

Volume II: A Peek at Bathsheba

This volume starts at the civil war between the tribes, his eventual coronation over the whole nation of Israel, and his affair with Bathsheba. Against the backdrop of wars, raging within the land and without, David is growing into the mantle of leadership. Between his anointment as a tribal king and his anointment as the king of all of Israel, he uses wisdom, cunning, and his own understanding of the forces of history, aiming for high ideals: stopping the bloodshed, uniting the nation, and bringing about healing and peace.

But then, having reached his peak, David falters. He makes a serious error that threatens to undo his political success, and cost him not only the adoration of his peoplebut also the sense of being sustained by a divine power. That error is the most torrid tale of passion ever told: his deliciously forbidden love for Bathsheba, followed by his attempt to cover up the ensuing scandal by sending her husbandwho serves him faithfully in his armyto his death.

Volume III: The Edge of Revolt

Struggling to find the right balance between loving his sons and upholding justice, David is silent when Amnon rapes his daughter, Tamar, and when Absalom lures Amnon to his death. These crimes go punished, because a mysterious change has come upon the king, which his court scribes note even before he does. In the past he had to explain his actions, such as the affair with Bathsheba, to them. Now, they want to understand the opposite thing: his lack of action.
In families other than his, such matters may be a mere matter of gossip. Yet when assault, incest, and murder occur in the kings family, they affect matters of the state. David is toppled from his throne and must escape from the son he adores, Absalom.

Even as he finds a way to quell the revolt and come back to the City of David, the road ahead seems unclear. How will he find the right successor amongst his remaining sons, the one who will connect to him and continue his legacy?

This is volume III of the trilogy The David Chronicles, told candidly by the king himself. David uses modern language, indicating that this is no fairytale. Rather, it is a story that is happening here and now.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline LornaDounaeva

• Guildford, England
      • View Profile
      • LornaDounaeva.com
    « Reply #101 on: February 22, 2015, 04:38:26 am »
    FRY

My psychological thriller, FRY is 99 cents until 28th Feb (99p in the UK.) Free on Kindle Unlimited.

She acts like she's your new best friend, but is she really a deadly enemy?
    If you loved Single White Female, then this one's for you!

viewBook.at/B00BSGIDRM

May Queen Killers

My new psychological thriller, May Queen Killers is now available for pre-order at the discounted price of 99 cents.

Beauty queens are disappearing. But are they really dead?

http://viewBook.at/MQ

Enjoy!

Offline Robert Dahlen

• Acme Labs
    • Thank you, Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Monkey Queen Books
    « Reply #102 on: February 22, 2015, 07:15:03 pm »
    It's still Monkey Queen time! Michiko and Beth's first adventure, Of Introductions And Abductions, is still on sale at Amazon! Get it for 99 cents US at Amazon.com, and for bargain prices at all other Amazon sites, through March 1! (Also marked down at Kobo, B&N and Google Play; swing by the Monkey Queen Books blog for a full list of links. http://monkeyqueenbooks.blogspot.com) And don't forget that the second book, The Brigadoon Boondoggle, is just $2.99 US, and you can preorder the third book, Under The Stars Of Faerie, for $2.99 US for February 24 release!

"How would you like to help me save the world?"

That was not a phrase that Beth McGill, college student and geek girl, had ever expected to hear, even on a Friday. But when Michiko, the teenage hero called the Monkey Queen, rescues Beth from an ogre, her life gets turned upside down. And when a mutual friend is kidnapped, Michiko and Beth will have to deal with faeries, hobgoblins, a ravenous troll and a sarcastic guinea pig to find him...and the dark masterminds behind the abduction.

It'll be a weekend they'll never forget...if they survive to see Monday morning.

Cover art 2015 Willow, used by permission. http://Willow-san.deviantart.com
    [/quote]
    Fantasy novelist, all-around wisecracker and penguin aficionado. Need some fantasy adventure with heroines, humor and heart, and a touch of romance? Skyblade's Gambit and Book Fair Frenzy available exclusively at Amazon! Get all the Monkey Queen e-books at Amazon and other ebook retailers! Find previews, cover art, short stories and much more at the blog or the website!
    Robert Dahlen | Blog | Website | Amazon Central | Willow the cover artist! | Avatar by Calomiel!

Offline 75814

• View Profile
    « Reply #103 on: February 23, 2015, 04:28:48 am »
    Vanguard #1: Come The Exemplar is now available on Amazon for free! But hurry, it's only available until Wednesday, February 25th!

Offline Ben Abix

• View Profile
    « Reply #104 on: February 24, 2015, 05:15:48 pm »
    Tropical Trauma is free and can be downloaded via e-reading devices @ http://www.amazon.com/Tropical-Trauma-Ben-Abix-ebook/dp/B00N67159E

Offline Pamela

• West Hollywood, CA
      • View Profile
      • P.M. Richter
    « Reply #105 on: February 25, 2015, 02:21:28 am »
    Midnight Reflections - $.99 today only for a promotion

World Links: 

DEADLY MEMORIES

"She doesn't remember a thing," Rolph snapped into the phone.

Andrea froze. His back was turned away from her. He didn't know she was there, listening.

"It's been six months, for God's sake. If you harm one hair on her head, Ill contact the authorities. My father would be disgraced, but that will not deter me."

Now Andrea couldn't move. There was no doubt Rolph was talking about her. She wondered how his father, the French Ambassador, could be disgraced.

His voice modulated to a threatening whisper. "This is the end. Otherwise she goes directly into protective custody, and I spill my guts. You've lied to me, made me into a damned traitor, and I'm angry enough to do it out of spite."

Now Andrea knew there were secrets he was keeping from her. What did he mean about protective custody? Was she in danger? The one blank spot in her mind was a mysterious car crash six months ago. She didn't know how she had landed at the bottom of a cliff in the Santa Monica mountains of Los Angeles. She remembered the fabulous party in Beverly Hills that night, but try as she might, she couldn't remember the sequence of events leading to that accident.

Rolph's last words chilled her, "I have nothing to lose. I'm a dead man."

P.M. Richter | Website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline H.G. Suren

• Yerevan
    • H.G. Suren
      • View Profile
      • Official Website
    « Reply #106 on: February 25, 2015, 05:58:12 am »
    Limited time new release discount: $0.99
    Twenty-two-year-old Isabel left for Munich for summer holidays to take a part in Youth International Meeting. She's going to be absolutely on her own for two weeks, without her bossy father around. Coming here she doesn't expect her life is going to change entirely, because she is going to meet someone who will see through her.
    His name is David. He's definitely older than the other guests. At the first sight of him blood rushes all over Isabel's body and cold sweat covers her. She has never experienced such feeling to any guy before. Every time seeing him around her legs drag her to him as though he is her spatial drug. But to gain him, Isabel has to face the secret lurking behind his dark and cute eyes and she has to confront his night life.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T9F45SK

Offline eevalancaster

• Philippines
    • Book Designer, Author, Editor, The Book Khaleesi
      • View Profile
      • Eeva Lancaster's Desk
    « Reply #107 on: February 25, 2015, 01:32:39 pm »
    I've read many Self Published books, being a book reviewer and editor and the best book I've read so far is Morium by S.J. Hermann. Book 2 will be released on March 24, 2015. Gripping read. Think Carrie, but better. On SALE for $0.99 on Amazon.

Buy Morium on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NS61OCQ?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00NS61OCQ&linkCode=xm2&tag=blascav-20

Book 1 of the Morium Trilogy

If you had the powers to avenge yourself... would you?
    Bullied... Years of shame... Lexi and Nathan knew pain.

MORIUM is the story of Alexandria and Nathan... and Stacy. Three teenagers who were victims of bullying all through high school. They kept their torment a secret from their family and tried to cope in their own way. They only had each other. Their friendship saw them through the seemingly endless years of suffering.

But hope was in sight they will be graduating soon. The vision of a new life away from the bullies and the constant humiliation, gave them something to look forward to. If only that day came sooner.

One night, Lexi and Nathan saw an object fall from the sky and went to investigate. As they touched the rock, a strange power entered their bodies. Suddenly, they're not helpless anymore. They can get revenge for all the suffering and pain they had to endure. How will they use these powers?

MORIUM discusses the moral dilemma of doing what's right against getting revenge. When your dignity has been shattered and your life has been a living hell... what is RIGHT?
    Book Designer, Author, Editor, Publicist
    Eeva Lancaster | Eeva Lancaster\'s Desk | Facebook | Google+ | Goodreads | Twitter | The Book Khaleesi | Portfolio

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
      • Uvi Poznansky
    « Reply #108 on: February 27, 2015, 03:28:34 pm »
    I feel her looking at me, trying, perhaps, to decipher the sudden flash in my slit pupils. I flick her with my tail. The shadowssmall and large, sharp and fuzzyall flick their tails at her.
    I am the master of this place! I am the one who never leaves. She will be gone before this day is over.

To read more click here:
    She knows there is no point in hiding from me

Offline godchild

• View Profile
    « Reply #109 on: February 28, 2015, 07:26:34 am »
    This is our new book on Amazon Kindle. It is titled Yummy Tummy Cookbook by Thomas and Christine Schrader. It cost $1.99.
    The Yummy Tummy Cookbook has over one hundred recipes. We compiled the best recipes from family, friends, and cooks we met while traveling for twenty-seven years.

When one lady served Yorkshire pudding with a sumptuous roast, we raved over the Yorkshire pudding until she went back to the kitchen and put together another batch, which she baked and served while we were still eating dinner. We did not complain, but happily ate another piece smothered in gravy. Yum!

Who can resist Italian Bean Soup with sprinkled cheese on top, Wedding Soup, or Stuffed Pepper Soup? For fish lovers there is the perfect recipe for fish batter and the oven fried chicken is so delicious.

My husband and I make the Egg Roll recipe all the time. We think they are better than the ones served in our local Chinese restaurants.
    Try the tasty Goulash, or the yummy Cherry Salad, or the Tropical Delight dessert. These are only a few of the many recipes in the book.
    Then at the end of each recipe there is a promise from the Scripture to brighten your day.

http://www.amazon.com/YUMMY-TUMMY-COOKBOOK-Thomas-Schrader-ebook/dp/B00TIXWZLW/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423923542&sr=1-1&keywords=Yummy+Tummy+Cookbook+by+Thomas+and+Christine+Schrader

Offline Jena H

• North Carolina
    • Desperate character
      • View Profile
    « Reply #110 on: February 28, 2015, 04:12:16 pm »
    For readers "of a certain age".....

Who remembers Dixie McCall? ..  Roy DeSoto and Johnny Gage?  Does the phrase "KMG-365" ring any bells?

If you were a fan of the 1970s classic show Emergency!, this might be a book for you as you watch on DVD or one of those "oldies" channels on TV.

$1.99

Jena

Offline Lucien Romano

• Edinburgh
      • View Profile
      • Lucien Romano on Facebook
    « Reply #111 on: March 01, 2015, 05:05:34 am »
    FREE today 1st March - HEADLONG, normally $2.99

WHY ARE THEY STILL TRYING TO KILL US?

"After all, none of this was my fault, even though solitude was the price I had to pay in order to live."

Exiled from the world her parents had struggled in vain to change for the better, Annaliese and her family are no longer fighting for their ideals, but their lives. When dark forces re-emerge, the family's past finally confronts them, but their determination to survive thrusts them into a conflict whose outcome will decide the future of humanity.

What readers said about HEADLONG on amazon.com & co.uk

"A terrifying and breathtaking thriller-cum-sci-fi which dares to reveal the truth about the dark forces world in which we live. Complete with a breath-taking denouement that makes Headlong impossible to put down. A master storyteller. Can't wait for Book 4!" *****

"I thoroughly enjoyed it." *****

"A gripping story, great characters and left me wanting more!" ****

"A good read that starts with a tense opening chapter and only gets better from there on." ****

"The first chapter of this interesting book keeps you on the edge of your seat as you feel that you yourself are being pursued." ****

"A great read that presents a number of entirely new ideas" ****
    Authenticity is my aim. I want readers to believe these events could actually happen.
    Alternative history thrillers with an SF twist.
    Lucien Romano | Facebook | Goodreads

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
      • Uvi Poznansky
    « Reply #112 on: March 01, 2015, 04:35:52 pm »
    Bestselling, critically acclaimed, and notoriously creative authors from across the book continuum join forces to bring you At Odds with Destiny, everything you've wanted in a boxed set but thought you'd never find: full-length novels brimming with myth, fantasy, mystery, history, romance, drama, originality, heroism, and suspense. Finding themselves at odds with destiny, the characters in these stories fight to shape their future and define who they are. Come follow them in their amazing journeys.

Preorder now:
    Kindle
    Nook
    iTunes
    Kobo
    Smashwords

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
      • Uvi Poznansky
    « Reply #113 on: March 03, 2015, 07:56:53 am »
    Today I am anxious, today I am glad
    Waiting for takeoff upon the launch pad
    Push the button and off we go
    Rising out of the fire and glow

Yay! It's release day! Only $0.99 for 10 amazing novels:

✿ Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SHYGG7C/
    ✿ Nook: http://tinyurl.com/at-odds4nook
    ✿ iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id959421650
    ✿ Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/at-odds-with-destiny
    ✿ Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/511673

Offline fatallahassee

• View Profile
    « Reply #114 on: March 04, 2015, 05:35:52 am »
    Only 99c until Monday 09 March (12 am EST)

Available to buy now from Amazon at http://bit.ly/champagnejackson

The city is overrun with zombies and controlled by warring gangs. Champagne Jackson wants out but she's going to have to fight like hell to escape. Aided by a stalwart marine and two orphaned children, she takes on both the living and the walking dead. Horror, action and adventure combine with comedy to give a unique view of the apocalypse.

What readers have to say:
    • Shockingly well written and highly entertaining. (Cat Jones)
    • Rollicking good fun. (Sam G)
    • This is a honest-to-god must read for those who love their zombie books, or post-apocalyptic books, or those who just bloody love books. (Mr Matthew R Bell)

Offline jdrew

• View Profile
      • Author's website
    « Reply #115 on: March 09, 2015, 09:26:49 am »
    Sale 99 Cents
    Shepherds
    In the future, with the oceans dying, Olga is engineered from birth to live at sea and work for a giant seafood company.  She is lonely and jealous of her married shipmates, thinking that shell never meet a man in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  Fate has other plans and will drop an industrious, independent fisherman in her lap.  That would be great except there are people looking to kill them both.  How will they survive long enough to know if they are the perfect match?
    Toivo is struggling trying to make a living catching what few wild tuna are left in the ocean and even though he has the help of two dolphins, things are not going so well.  If he only knew the danger he was sailing into and what the fates had in store.
    Action, adventure and romance wrapped up in a near-future science fiction account that might be possible and suggests one way that seafood can remain plentiful in the face of rising over-fishing.

Also in the UK
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002NGO2TO
    J Drew
      visit me at  www.jdrewbrumbaugh.com

Offline Jena H

• North Carolina
    • Desperate character
      • View Profile
    « Reply #116 on: March 10, 2015, 05:51:37 am »
    Police officers have been in the news a lot lately... and not always in a good way.  Would you prefer to read about our peace officer friends in a positive light?  A little law enforcement, a little humor, a little common sense....   all in an interesting package and with a good story.  The Boys in Blue series might be just the ticket. 

Arrest Me (Boys in Blue Book 1)      <--- FREE

~ ~ ~ $2.99 ~ ~ ~

Jena

Offline Jena H

• North Carolina
    • Desperate character
      • View Profile
    « Reply #117 on: March 10, 2015, 05:59:41 am »
    "Sometimes bad guys make the best good guys."

A little heist here, a minor caper there....  whatever it takes to get the job done.

Gina is a thief.  Nick is a straight arrow, a former cop who's now a security consultant.  When he runs across someone who needs help, he knows just where to turn--to Gina.  Because the "help" he has in mind requires a little bit of, er, questionable activity.

Because, sometimes,....   It Takes a Thief.

~ ~ All $2.99 ~ ~

Jena

Offline Jena H

• North Carolina
    • Desperate character
      • View Profile
    « Reply #118 on: March 10, 2015, 06:11:14 am »
    Are you a child of the '70s?   Peasant skirts...  pet rocks....  mood rings....  Dorothy Hamill hair??

Did you ever spend Saturday evenings in front of the TV watching the firemen of LA County fire station 51, or the goings-on at Rampart General Hospital's emergency department?  If so, then you used to watch Emergency! And for those of you who still watch, either on DVD or on one of those "retro" TV channels, this book might be what you need.

Jena

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
      • Uvi Poznansky
    « Reply #119 on: March 11, 2015, 01:37:20 pm »
    Bestselling, critically acclaimed, and notoriously creative authors from across the book continuum join forces to bring you At Odds with Destiny, everything you've wanted in a boxed set but thought you'd never find: full-length novels brimming with myth, fantasy, mystery, history, romance, drama, originality, heroism, and suspense. Finding themselves at odds with destiny, the characters in these stories fight to shape their future and define who they are. Come follow them in their amazing journeys.

Get it now for only $0.99:
    Kindle
    Nook
    iTunes
    Kobo
    Smashwords

Offline Go! Shawn!

• New York
      • View Profile
      • IndieReads
    « Reply #120 on: March 12, 2015, 01:09:29 pm »
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that Journey by S. Labrecque is free on Amazon until at least 4/12/15.

It's a great coming of age story that follows a young woman on an epic adventure as she leaves her town for the first time.

Genre: Fantasy
    Page Count: 588

amzn.to/1F11VsP

Offline Lena_Mikado

• USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #121 on: March 12, 2015, 10:25:44 pm »
    Hi everyone! My novel titled My Journey to the Ocean is only 99 cents for 5 days on Amazon! myBook.to/MyJourneytotheOcean  It's a fun and light summer read that will - hopefully - leave you wondering about a few existential concepts  8) :P. Did I confuse you? That was my intention. Enjoy!

Philosophical Chick Lit - Kinsella meets Dostoevsky :) I am Russian, after all!
    Lena Mikado | Blog | Facebook | Google Plus

Offline ippublishing

• View Profile
    « Reply #122 on: March 13, 2015, 01:16:12 am »
    "Tapping Out Procrastination: Eliminate Destructive Emotions, Stop Procrastination, and Watch Your Productivity Soar"
    By Sage Tomlinson

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SMFWJ5E

Stop procrastination from sabotaging you and destroying your dreams. Learn a simple and fun tapping technique that addresses the underlying emotions leading to procrastination.

Currently 99 cents.

Offline ElisabethGFoley

• United States
      • View Profile
      • Elisabeth Grace Foley: Historical Fiction Author
    « Reply #123 on: March 15, 2015, 07:01:43 am »
    Here's my latest release, my second collection of Western short stories:

Wanderlust Creek and Other Stories - $2.99

Book Description:
    From the author of The Ranch Next Door and Other Stories come six more short stories exploring the joys, heartaches and laughter of life against the backdrop of the Old West. In "Single-Handed," a gunfighter's courage comes in doubt when he refuses to explain to his friends the real reason he backed down from a fight. The capable proprietress of the busiest eating-house in town handles a day of disasters large and small in the light-hearted "The Rush at Mattie Arnold's," while in "Room Service," a hotel night clerk finds himself in on odd position after he allows an exhausted traveler to stay in a reserved room. And in the title story, the novella-length "Wanderlust Creek," a young rancher and his wife struggle to hold onto their land and their dreams in the face of adversity from weather, enemies--and even doubts of each other.

Approximately 53,000 words. Contains bonus excerpts from Left-Hand Kelly and Corral Nocturne!

Offline jdrew

• View Profile
      • Author's website
    « Reply #124 on: March 16, 2015, 08:53:26 am »
    Sale 99 Cents
    Shepherds
    They should never have met.
    Olga is genetically engineered to live at sea herding factory tuna.  Her home is a submersible raft in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  Shes lonely.  Toivo is an independent fisherman who depends on two industrious dolphins to help him make a living catching what few wild tuna are left.  But, someone is killing shepherds and fate pushes Olga and Toivo together forcing them to battle heavily armed drug smugglers bent on killing anyone who gets in their way.   

And in the UK:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002NGO2TO
    J Drew
      visit me at  www.jdrewbrumbaugh.com

KBoards.com

• Advertisement