Author Topic: Finished the sample and buying the book? Check location number first!  (Read 2021 times)  

Offline Teninx

• View Profile
To quickly pick up reading in the complete book from the point left off in the sample, note the last location number at the sample end. That way, when the full book is displayed, you can quickly access "go to location number' from the menu, type in that location number and resume reading without a frustrating page-by-page search to find your place.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline fred3

• View Profile
    Re: Finished the sample and buying the book? Check location number first!
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 07:54:20 am »
    Does that apply when the font you're using is a different size as the location numbers differ depending on the font size don't they?

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 08:02:50 am »
    Does that apply when the font you're using is a different size as the location numbers differ depending on the font size don't they?

Nope.  That''s the whole point of the location numbers.  You're at the same place in the book no matter what size font you read in.  I use font size 1 so the book might be 200 'pages'.  With font 3 it might only be 125.  But Chapter 3 will always be at location number X.  I think it's a pretty elegant solution to what would otherwise be a problem.  What I"m trying to work out . . .and just haven't done the math yet . . .is how many words/characters there are per 'location'.

Ann
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Avalon

• Member #116
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:04:29 am »
    Great idea, thanks for sharing.  I've been wishing you could just buy the "rest" of the book to add on to your sample.  That way you could keep your location, and not have to delete the sample later.  Maybe in v2 . . .
    Kindle Kids:
    K2 "Aurora" arrived 24 Feb 2009
    K1 "Shakespeare" arrived 25 April 2008

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~ Thornton Wilder

KBoards.com

• Advertisement