Author Topic: Marines - Military SF in a Dystopian Setting  (Read 1499 times)  

Offline Jay Allan

• New York
    • View Profile
Marines - Military SF in a Dystopian Setting
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:22:54 pm »
Erik Cain joined the marines to get off death row. The deal was simple; enlist to fight in space and he would be pardoned for all his crimes.

In the 23rd Century, assault troops go into battle wearing AI-assisted, nuclear-powered armor, but it is still men and blood that win battles. From one brutal campaign to the next, Erik and his comrades fight an increasingly desperate war over the resource rich colony worlds that have become vital to the economies of Earth's exhausted and despotic Superpowers.

As Erik rises through the ranks he finally finds a home, first with the marines who fight at his side and later among the colonists - men and women who have dared to leave everything behind to build a new society on the frontier, one where the freedoms and rights lost long ago on Earth are preserved.

Amidst the blood and death and sacrifice, Erik begins to wonder. Is he fighting the right war? Who is the real enemy?

http://www.amazon.com/Marines-Crimson-Worlds-ebook/dp/B00902U0C2/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1345699609&sr=1-1&keywords=marines+jay+allan

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not really a moderator. :)
      • View Profile
    Re: Marines - Military SF in a Dystopian Setting
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 03:38:55 pm »
    Jay. . . . .

Welcome to KindleBoards, and congratulations on the book!  :)

This is just a friendly reminder that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
    Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Jay Allan

• New York
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:59:00 pm »
    Here is a sneak peak at the sequel to Marines, Book II of Crimson Worlds - Release date 10/15/2012

The Cost of Victory
    Crimson Worlds II
    By Jay Allan

The Third Frontier War is raging, and all across human-occupied space worlds are burning.  Massive fleets struggle for dominance and kilometer-long war ships exchange thermonuclear barrages.

Battered in the early years of the war, the Western Alliance is resurgent.  The brilliant Admiral Augustus Garret leads the Alliance fleet from victory to victory, taking the war to the very heart of the enemy empires.  And on the ground, Colonel Erik Cain, hero of the Marine Corps, leads his crack troops again into combat, seeking the final battle.

In the background, the secretive intelligence agencies of the despotic Superpowers plot and scheme, using their own soldiers as pawns in the great game for control of space. 

But the final battle will be fought in the reddish sands of a backwater world, and the prize will be the staggering secret that has lain hidden in a cave for untold centuries.

All the Powers struggle for the ultimate victory, but at what cost?

http://www.crimsonworlds.com/

Offline Jay Allan

• New York
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:55:28 pm »

Offline Jay Allan

• New York
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 01:22:31 pm »
    One week to the release of Crimson Worlds Book II:  The Cost of Victory.

Release date: October 15, 2012

http://www.crimsonworlds.com/costofvictory.asp

Offline Jay Allan

• New York
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 10:22:24 pm »
    Crimson Worlds II:  The Cost of Victory, the sequel to Marines is now available.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00902U0C2/?tag=kbpst-20

Offline AnitaDobs

• View Profile
      • My Amazon Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 11:05:49 pm »

I really like your first cover. It looks good.

Offline Jay Allan

• New York
      • View Profile
    Crimson Worlds Prequel Available
    « Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 12:31:59 pm »
    Tombstone, a prequel to Marines, is now available:

In the 23rd Century, Earth's Superpowers battle for supremacy in occupied space.

Darius Jax is a senior officer and hero of the Marine Corps, veteran of countless battles fought throughout occupied space. But once he was a raw private fighting his first battle on a planet so deadly, so hellish, its own occupants called it Tombstone. This is his story, before fame, before glory.

The fighting on Tombstone is brutal and deadly, and Jax must find his inner strength if he is to survive. As he struggles through an unwinnable war he learns to rely on himself as he never has before, and he begins to understand just what he is and is not fighting for.

Tombstone is a novella of approximately 24,000 words, the first Crimson Worlds prequel, set in the years just before the Third Frontier War and the events described in Crimson Worlds Book I: Marines.

http://www.amazon.com/Tombstone-Crimson-Worlds-ebook/dp/B00A9AMVQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353269991&sr=8-1&keywords=tombstone+jay+allan

The Crimson Worlds Series:
    Marines (Crimson Worlds I) Available now.
    The Cost of Victory (Crimson Worlds II) Available now.
    A Little Rebellion (Crimson Worlds III) December 2012
    The First Imperium (Crimson Worlds IV) March 2013

Offline Kodai Okuda

• The Sol system
    • You see me now a veteran of a 1000 psychic wars...
      • View Profile
      • Nexus Arcana
    « Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 02:25:30 pm »
    Looks like a great read.
    I shall add this to my TBR.

Offline Jay Allan

• New York
      • View Profile
    Countdown to Crimson Worlds III
    « Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 06:18:09 pm »
    Four weeks to go until Crimson Worlds III:  A Little Rebellion.  In the meanwhile, I'm posting a sample chapter to my blog each week.  Chapter 1 tonight.

http://jayallanwrites.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:25:46 pm by jayallan »

Offline SEAN H. ROBERTSON

• Michigan
    • I'm grateful for your reads of my novels today!
      • View Profile
      • Amazon Sean H. Robertson page
    « Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 07:12:48 pm »
    Congratulations on your new book!  ;D

Offline Jay Allan

• New York
      • View Profile
    Crimson Worlds I: Marines on sale for 99 cents
    « Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 05:13:57 pm »
    Read Marines, the first book in the bestselling Crimson Worlds series for 99 cents until Sunday, January 13.

http://www.amazon.com/Marines-Crimson-Worlds-ebook/dp/B00902U0C2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357953196&sr=8-2&keywords=marines+jay+allan

KBoards.com

• Advertisement