Author Topic: Sebastian Snow - new children's fantasy adventure  (Read 864 times)  

Offline Jenni Norris

• Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
Sebastian Snow - new children's fantasy adventure
« on: October 14, 2012, 06:28:23 pm »
Sebastian Snow was published on Kindle on 27 September and features the magical adventures of a lost Birman cat in Wellington, New Zealand.

Sebastian Snow is staying at a cattery when he meets Tabitha, a cat who is just like him, except that she’s a girl. When Sebastian is mistakenly returned to Tabitha’s home instead of his own, he decides to run away and follow the energy field that all cats sense, back to his own home.

Sebastian has many adventures including being held in a rescue centre where he befriends a ferret and is recognised as one of two pedigree kittens catnapped during a magic show years before. He escapes in the company of an ancient possum, and journeys through a wildlife sanctuary, ending up in a labyrinth as the guest of an old man and his magical rats. He is washed into the rough waters of Wellington's South coast and rescued by a black seal. Now starving and wounded, Sebastian travels inland towards his home, dodging hunters, and entering the strange world of the Rabbit King. At the city dump with the wild cats he makes the decision that will determine his future.

Sebastian Snow is the story of a cat who journeys into the wild and back again.  It is a tale of mistaken identity, and the importance of knowing who you are and where you belong.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:10:27 pm by Jenni Norris »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not really a moderator. :)
      • View Profile
    Re: Sebastian Snow - new children's fantasy adventure
    « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 05:31:32 am »
    Jenni ---------------------

Welcome to KindleBoards, and congratulations on the book!  :)

This is just a friendly reminder that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
    Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Jenni Norris

• Melbourne, Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:20 pm »
    Sebastian Snow has been on Amazon for over a month now and I have no idea how many copies have sold. At times it has gone as high as #43 in children's ebooks - animals - cats, and for the first month appeared between #2 and #6 in hot new releases - cats. Apparently you can only be a hot new release for one month. I guess that's fair!

Meanwhile I have started the sequel entitled Tabitha Greenslade. It's going to be a trilogy. Sebastian and Tabitha, his sister are going to have many more adventures and solve a mystery involving priceless sapphires. We are going to discover Sebastian's true name.

BTW, the 'energy field' which Sebastian uses to navigate his way home, is based on scientific fact. According to research conducted at the University of Stockholm cats have navigational equipment in the form of tiny magnetic particles of metal on their wrists and hind paws. This is why there are so many stories in the media about cats making it home across massive distances!

Offline Jenni Norris

• Melbourne, Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 05:42:35 pm »
    My first book, Sebastian Snow, is doing well - much higher sales in November! Thank you to anyone from these boards who has bought it.

Season's Greetings!

Jenni   :)

Offline Jenni Norris

• Melbourne, Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 05:04:02 pm »
    Today I wrote the first couple of pages of the sequel to Sebastian Snow! I have been procrastinating for months so this is a milestone for me and the cats!

Sales are going well - so wonderful that people that people I don't know around the world are reading Sebastian Snow.

Jenni  :)

Offline Jenni Norris

• Melbourne, Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 02:50:20 pm »
    Happy New Year Kindle Boarders!

I've had some lovely reviews on Amazon, including one from a child who said Sebastian Snow made her want to stay up all night! That's fantastic, thanks!

Regards, Jenni  :)

Offline Jenni Norris

• Melbourne, Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 08:54:34 pm »
    Sebastian Snow has sold over 600 copies now. This is incredible and I'm thrilled to think that there are children out there reading about Sebastian's adventures. Thanks so much! Work on the sequel has slowed due to the competing priorities of my life but I am hopeful the adventures of Tabitha will continue soon, and be published alongside Sebastian.

Jenni  :)
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:56:37 pm by Jenni Norris »

Offline Jenni Norris

• Melbourne, Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 05:32:14 am »
    In Sebastian Snow, the intrepid feline enters a bird sanctuary after a storm and with the help of his possum companion and a native tui bird manages to escape his captors. This sanctuary exists in real life in Wellington, New Zealand and is called Zealandia. Last weekend there was a ferocious storm in Wellington and just like in my story, the fences went down and there were great fears that cats and other predators would get in! I felt proud!

Thanks to everyone who has bought Sebastian Snow this month  :)

Regards, Jenni

Offline Jenni Norris

• Melbourne, Australia
      • View Profile
    Re Sebastian Snow - new children's fantasy adventure
    « Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 06:58:07 pm »
    Sebastian Snow is ranking #1 in Children's Cat Books today! The fact that it is now free for a limited time probably has something to do with it but I am still excited. What I really want is as many children as possible to read about Sebastian's adventures. That's my true goal. I'm really happy today  :D

Regards
    Jenni

Offline Jenni Norris

• Melbourne, Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 10:36:07 pm »
    Sebastian Snow is being read by children all around the world. A wonderful thought.

Best wishes, Jenni  :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement