Author Topic: It's back! At last, at last!  (Read 6117 times)  

Offline Archer

• Alterra
  • Author of Elfhunter, Fire-heart, Ravenshade
    • View Profile
    • www.elfhunter.net
It's back! At last, at last!
« on: November 26, 2012, 04:06:57 am »
Hey, guys--Elfhunter has, at long last, returned to Kindle. I wanted you to be the first to know.

Now, for those interested, here is the tale of my experience with a traditional publisher.
I have left the publisher who picked up my series last year. It was an amicable parting. I had to move on.
The series is back on track for re-release by Parthian Press. Elfhunter is already live on Kindle--other e-formats to follow.
Fire King will be up on Kindle this week! It's already in print, as you guys know.
Fire Heart is currently in the hands of the very capable 30-year-veteran editor, Leslie Wainger. Hope Hoover is designing new cover art and illustrations for it.
Parthian expects to release it as an e-book in March, I think...
At last we have a production schedule I can live with!

Should you decide to check out the new Elfhunter on Kindle, I will be interested to hear what you think of the revisions! :-)

Your Faithful Friend and Author,
--Chris M.
NOW AVAILABLE FROM PARTHIAN PRESS

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline kcrady

• Las Cruces, NM
      • View Profile
    Re: It's back! At last, at last!
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 05:31:59 am »
    Congratulations!!!!!

You've made your first sale of the new Kindle book, too - wonder if I was the first to buy it?  I'm in between books at the moment, so Elfhunter has moved to the top of my reading list - will be digging in later today, I think.

I noticed also that the paper copy will be out before Christmas!  I'll be getting two copies - one for my personal collection, and one for a young reader I know that is going to love Alterra!  I'd like to give her a signed copy - will be in touch with you via pm closer to publication date.

Awesome news!

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end" - Ursula K. Le Guin

Offline Archer

• Alterra
      • View Profile
      • www.elfhunter.net
    « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:25:17 pm »
    Gee, thanks, k.  :) I think you were probably the first!
    However, I have bad news concerning the print version--it's not likely to be out by Christmas. That said, I might be able to finagle one or two.
    It's kind of a long story.  :P

Offline kcrady

• Las Cruces, NM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:07:33 pm »
    Ah well... Amazon is still showing Dec 18 release date, but I can wait.  Mostly I'm excited to have it on Kindle already!

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end" - Ursula K. Le Guin

Offline Archer

• Alterra
      • View Profile
      • www.elfhunter.net
    « Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 09:02:02 am »
    Here's a little more information and a few thoughts...
    ...Im very pleased to report that Elfhunter (the first book in the trilogy) has now been released for Kindle. This is the real deal, folksnewly re-mastered, with a first class developmental edit, absolutely stunning cover art and interior illustrations, andwell, youll just have to go online and see it for yourself!
    Ive learned a lot recently about what it means to be traditionally published. The experience has often been frustrating, if not downright frightening, but it was certainly worth it in the long run. Were it not for the publisher, I would never have had the benefit of Leslie Wainger, 30-year veteran editor. Nor would my books be graced with the incomparable artwork of Hope Hoover. Nor would there be a new graphic novel of The Fire King slated for release in 2013. Nor would I be enjoying the energy and expertise of a really great publicist.
    At the same time, we are releasing the first novella in The Alterra Histories, entitled The Fire King. I will be writing many more such novellasglimpses into the history/back-story of Alterra and the myriad of characters introduced in the books. From you, my readers, I have gathered feedback as to which events/characters you are curious about, and have two new novellas on the drawing board.
    The Fire King, of course, is the story of Aincor, the original Fire-heart. Next on the list is the untold story behind Gaelen and her beloved Rain, including a look into the blood-and-thunder of the Third Uprising. To go along with the release of the new Fire-heart, we have the story of El-morah (how DID a former assassin come to be running a coffee house in the middle of the desert while under witness protection?). The Shadow-man will be coming in 2013. Finally, to go with Ravenshade, youll get the story of Salasin, the cold-hearted, taciturn scholar who founded the Silver Citywho might not have been so cold-hearted after all.  Are you ready for some AdventureAlterra-style?
    Well, GET ready!  :D :D ;) :D

And k, I'll be anxious to hear what you think of the revisions!  ;)

Offline ibrewalot

• Brookline, NH
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 10:04:15 am »
    You go, girl!!!  ;D  I can't wait to see the new stuff rolling out! 

Hey, I'm going to plant a seed here for your "adult" readers...what do you think about putting out the "real" story about Gaelen and Rain with all the details.  I'd love to see what you could do with some steam added to Alterra, but obviously it's not your standard young-adult market.  I'd be willing to pay top dollar (name the price) for the adult story of my favorite characters written by my favorite author, even if it wasn't properly published!  Even ARC Word doc format!  ;)

Offline kcrady

• Las Cruces, NM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 10:41:08 am »
    Hmmm for me it would depend on the degree of "steam" you're talking about.  IMHO some things should remain behind closed doors.  I don't really enjoy reading voyeuristic stories...

Offline ibrewalot

• Brookline, NH
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 12:12:46 pm »
    Ok, perhaps a poor request given the target audience... :-[

Offline Archer

• Alterra
      • View Profile
      • www.elfhunter.net
    « Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 06:28:41 pm »
    It's ok, Brew.  ;)

I have been trying to think of how I can get you a "special" version of the story...without risking it ever appearing in public. I can write (and have written) erotica--I have been told I do a really fine job of it, in fact, but one must be careful not to tarnish the "brand", y'know?
     :D You are not the only person on earth who would enjoy a story like that, believe me.  :D

Offline R. M. Reed

• Glendale, CA
      • View Profile
      • Barstow Productions
    « Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »
    When I re-read the original trilogy, I will read Elfhunter Classic. But any new stories - bring 'em on. My Kindle is waiting.

Offline Archer

• Alterra
      • View Profile
      • www.elfhunter.net
    « Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 05:09:04 am »
    When I re-read the original trilogy, I will read Elfhunter Classic. But any new stories - bring 'em on. My Kindle is waiting.

Well, Fire King will be available any minute now...and for only 99 Cents, too! Such a deal.
    I'll keep you guys posted.

Any and all help in spreading the word about the new Elfhunter is appreciated, too.
    The new Elfmobile is being wrapped this weekend...I'll post a photo when it's done. I went to the shop yesterday, walked in the door, and was treated to the sight of the greatly-enlarged-top-of-Aincor's-head. Oh, MAN, is this thing gonna be cool!  :D If I am ever in your region of the country, I will guarantee a ride in the Elfmobile. We can go cruisin'!

Offline Archer

• Alterra
      • View Profile
      • www.elfhunter.net
    « Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 06:03:58 am »
    (and, incidentally, the aforementioned erotica was published under a pseudonym, so don't even bother trying to find it! Ha!)

;)

Offline ibrewalot

• Brookline, NH
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 06:17:55 am »
     ;D Too funny...I guess you know a few of us TOO well!

Offline Archer

• Alterra
      • View Profile
      • www.elfhunter.net
    « Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 06:30:21 pm »
    FIRE KING is live on Kindle!!
    Woo-hoo!

:D :D

And only 99 cents, too. Such a deal!

Offline R. M. Reed

• Glendale, CA
      • View Profile
      • Barstow Productions
    « Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 06:03:44 pm »
    I got Fire King! Whoo hoo!

Offline Archer

• Alterra
      • View Profile
      • www.elfhunter.net
    « Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 05:14:17 am »
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT regarding the DTB:

If you pre-ordered a hard copy of Elfhunter  through Amazon, you likely have received a cancellation notice.  Due to the change in publishers Elfhunters street date for the print version has been postponed until mid 2013.

The good news: if you have an ereader or tablet the ebook version is now available for purchase here on Amazon.com (the link) and soon on other ebook reseller sites.

If you are still interested in purchasing a hard copy of Elfhunter, please fill out the form below. You will be notified when Elfhunter is available for purchase, and you will receive a coupon towards your purchase on Amazon.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we look forward to bringing Elfhunter to your bookshelf!   :D

Offline jimmiedot

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 09:07:26 am »
    I love the new Elfhunter - COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!! Fire King was fantastic, now I want more Alterra! I never got Fireheart or ravenshade - does anyone know of a way I could get old copies of those - I may die if I have to wait until March.  If you know where I can get the old copies, please pm me.

Offline ibrewalot

• Brookline, NH
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 10:27:13 am »
     ;D  Welcome aboard the Alterra Express!  You should be able to find the old versions around since they were sold other places than just Amazon.  The search will be worth it, but I do recommend picking them both up or you will be slightly perturbed at the ending if you don't have Ravenshade waiting in the wings.   ;)

Offline Archer

• Alterra
      • View Profile
      • www.elfhunter.net
    « Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 03:28:51 pm »
    ;D  Welcome aboard the Alterra Express!  You should be able to find the old versions around since they were sold other places than just Amazon.  The search will be worth it, but I do recommend picking them both up or you will be slightly perturbed at the ending if you don't have Ravenshade waiting in the wings.   ;)

Yes, I WAS a very naughty author, wasn't I?  ::) (whistles innocently)

Jimmiedot, I have a few elderly copies of FH and RS, but a few of the changes in the new EH may confuse you a little bit.
    Send me a PM if you'd like me to send you some books, ok?  All are lendable, too, so maybe someone would lend you his/her kindle copies?
     :D

Offline neaughea

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 04:15:37 pm »
    I have the classic Elfhunter trilogy in hard copy! They are very well warn.
    I can't be categorized, cataloged or sorted.

Offline Archer

• Alterra
      • View Profile
      • www.elfhunter.net
    « Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 07:30:09 am »
    I have the classic Elfhunter trilogy in hard copy! They are very well warn.

Those are the best kind.   :D

Offline 123nancy

• Atlanta, GA
      • View Profile
      • Elfunter
    « Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 08:20:12 am »
    Greetings!
    I'm Nancy, the "energetic publicist" Archer mentioned in one of her posts....(I just did a cartwheel I'm so full of energy) I wanted to jump in here and say hello to everyone and make sure ya'all know who I am. I absolutely love Elfhunter, and I adore Archer. She is so wonderful and so much fun. If you have not had the opportunity to meet her in person I'm hoping to make that happen next year for as many of you as possible. If I get my way I'll have her traversing the country and getting writers cramp at book signings.  We have a very aggressive production schedule that doesn't only include the Elfhunter Trilogy, but also includes another novella (I'll let Archer spill the beans about this little goodie!). If my whip cracking ability and the momentum builds to appropriate levels we could possibly be reading the first book in the next Alterra series this time next year - but no promises.

What I ask from you, the folks who have already fallen in love with Alterra: Help us spread the word. No book ever became popular without its fans and Elfhunter is no exception! Please spread the word about Elfhunter and the rest of the Alterra series.

We are already doing giveaways on Freado.com and Goodreads. Im also cooking up some contest ideas. If there is something you would like to see us doing, please let me know. You can email me at nroberts (at) parthianpress.com. Also contact me if you are interested in becoming part of online street team.  This is a very cool opportunity for the die-hard fans who want to read things before they are published, get cool swag like awesome posters, buttons, bookmarks and maybe even some jewelry thrown in there.

I know it will be a pleasure interacting with all of you so I definitely look forward to it.

By the end of the day, I'll be posting our first contest!

My all time favorite author in the world!!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Alterra.CSMarks
    Twitter:  @CSMarks_Alterra
    Blog: http://csmarks.com

Offline Archer

• Alterra
      • View Profile
      • www.elfhunter.net
    « Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 12:02:12 pm »
    Well, hi there, Nancy! I was wondering if you would find your way in here. Welcome to our playground!  :D

Offline kcrady

• Las Cruces, NM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 01:13:11 pm »
    Also contact me if you are interested in becoming part of online street team.  This is a very cool opportunity for the die-hard fans who want to read things before they are published, get cool swag like awesome posters, buttons, bookmarks and maybe even some jewelry thrown in there.

Hi Nancy, and welcome to Kindleboards! I'm curious what an online "street team" does...  could be interesting, and I'm guessing you'll get several inquiries at least from Archer's family of friends/fans here!

Offline 123nancy

• Atlanta, GA
      • View Profile
      • Elfunter
    « Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 01:39:04 pm »
    @kcrady Thanks for the welcome!  An online street team shares information about Elfhunter on their social media pages/boards etc. Basically, you tell all of your online friends about Elfhunter, The Fire King and all of the other wonderful titles that Archer is coming out with!

We may ask folks to share posts from our Facebook page, retweet Archer's tweets, pin some pics on Pinterest, tumble/digg/stumble and any other boards you are active on such as Fantasy-Faction or BestFantasyBooks.com give us a mention when appropriate and spread the word when we put out press releases. Will never ask you to do anything that would be sneaky, we always want you to be honest and not too pushy. You will never have to "like" anything that you don't actually like.

My all time favorite author in the world!!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Alterra.CSMarks
    Twitter:  @CSMarks_Alterra
    Blog: http://csmarks.com

KBoards.com

• Advertisement