Author Topic: IF . . You Could be Anything or Do Anything that You Can Not - What Would it Be?  (Read 1537 times)  

Offline Lee44

• Books Can Fuel Your Dreams!
    • View Profile
    • Free-Job-Search-Websites.com
I was watching the X-Factor.  Carly Rose Sonenclar was singing and I was involuntarily singing with her, and I remembered that if I could be anything that I can't be, I would be an incredible singer that performed around the world.

I'm betting that many wish that they could do something that they truly can't do.  What's your wish?
Killer Work from Home Jobs: 200 Fortune 500 & Legitimate Work at Home Jobs!

Success!! - ! 

If you want to work at home, there are 200 great Fortune 500, nationwide, worldwide, mid-sized & smaller companies that will hire you - make that dream come true!

How I work from home.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Lee44

• View Profile
    I can see how that would be very important!  The ability to eat the way that you used to eat or the way that you ate as a child.  Comfort foods would be tied to that, so it makes total sense.

Success!! - ! 

If you want to work at home, there are 200 great Fortune 500, nationwide, worldwide, mid-sized & smaller companies that will hire you - make that dream come true!

How I work from home.

Offline Carol (was Dara)

• View Profile
    I'm pretty shallow, so I'd just want to look like a model. ;D It'd also be cool to be a good speaker and have a nice singing voice. Oh, and I wouldn't mind having the grace of a ballet dancer and the brain of a genius. But I'd also settle for being a good gift-wrapper.

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
      • View Profile
      • etsy shop
    I would want to be a country music star... ala Pasty Cline (without the unhappy ending) or Dolly or Loretta... and be able to write my own music... like those two did.   :D
    Find Fab Vintage in my Etsy Shop: Fresh Pie!

Offline HappyGuy

• Central FL
    • With God, nothing is enough for anything.
      • View Profile
    I'd play the piano.
    "From the lips of infants and children you have ordained praise..." Psalms 8:2

Member 342

Offline B-Kay 1325

• Tucson, Az
      • View Profile
    Any or all of the before mentioned would be OK with me!   ;D :o ;D

Offline Keith Blenman

• Michigan
      • View Profile
      • This Worthless Life
    As awesome as the gluten thing would be (oh, how I miss it too), I'm just going to go ahead and be the guy who says, "I want to be Batman." Don't get me wrong. I'd love to learn the violin. I wish I knew card tricks and how to hang ten on a surf board. But when it really comes down to it, being Batman trumps the other stuff by just enough that I can't hold back from saying it. If I could be anything or do anything I know I can't... I'd be Batman.

Offline Geemont

• Pacific Northwest
    • Bookaholic
      • View Profile
    I'd want fluency in foreign languages.  French and German for sure, maybe Spanish and Russian too, and toss in Japanese and Arabic just for kicks.  I guess that's kind of boring, but I'd have a cool library.

Offline Lee44

• View Profile
    Looks like we have a lot of prospective entertainers . . . including Batman!  And as we make our way around the world, we will also have an international interpreter!  Cool!!   :D

Success!! - ! 

How I work from home.

Offline DarkScribe

• Australia
      • View Profile
    I was watching the X-Factor.  Carly Rose Sonenclar was singing and I was involuntarily singing with her, and I remembered that if I could be anything that I can't be, I would be an incredible singer that performed around the world.

I'm betting that many wish that they could do something that they truly can't do.  What's your wish?

I would like to be Dr Who. Just imagine all the fun you could have if you had a Tardis.

Offline Harley Christensen

• Phoenix, Arizona
      • View Profile
      • harley christensen

As ridiculous as it sounds (considering I am the wrong gender and can't ice skate worth a lick ???)...a professional hockey player.

With the continued lockout, though, I may need to reconsider... ;)

Harley Christensen | Mystery|Suspense|Thriller Author | website | facebook | twitter | goodreads | google+ | pinterest

Offline AdamVeile

• Jefferson City, MO
      • View Profile
      • The Dreamcatcher Adventures
    I'd like to own a business on a tropical island. Not too sure what that business would be. The tropical island is the important part.

Offline Keith Blenman

• Michigan
      • View Profile
      • This Worthless Life
    I'd like to own a business on a tropical island. Not too sure what that business would be. The tropical island is the important part.

Ooh! I've had that business on a tropical island daydream too. I figured shaping surfboards would be a good living. And if not, hey, I'm still on an island. Good one, Adam!

Offline DarkScribe

• Australia
      • View Profile
    Ooh! I've had that business on a tropical island daydream too. I figured shaping surfboards would be a good living. And if not, hey, I'm still on an island. Good one, Adam!

Back in the eighties I spent six months working in the Whitsunday Islands. I was living on a ketch in the Coral Sea, had been for a year or two and I met a guy who ran a water taxi service. He was Greek and hadn't been home to visit family for five years. One thing led another as often happens, and I agreed to run the taxi service for six months. I moored my ketch in the inner harbour at McKay and moved into his home/office at Black's Beach. It was one of the most rewarding jobs that I have ever had. Not financially, though you make a good enough living to raise a family - pay off a mortgage etc., but in a sheer pleasure sense. All day and half the nights running between the mainland and the various islands. (Half the passengers were girls in bikinis - that wasn't hard to take.) I finished a book that I had been working on during the quiet periods and had fun during the busy times. I often think of that time with nostalgia. I still sail, but nothing seems as much fun as running a taxi between all the island resorts plus occasional day dive trips to the Great Barrier Reef.

I thought about staying there but I was part way through a degree and had a girlfriend (now my wife) waiting down south. We still go back for holidays and sail around the area again.

Offline Not Here

• View Profile
    I've often thought that being an ambassador would be amazing. Working to make the world a better place and getting the chance to live in different cultures.  :)

Offline Lee44

• View Profile
    So many interesting dreams!  I have to agree, a Tardis would be incredible.  I could see so many things from so many different times.  

Professional hockey players always seem to be having such fun, so carefree it seems.  

I'd love to be on a tropical island, although when I was younger, and I was on a tropical island, (being a New Yorker originally) I found the island to get small after a while, but the water taxi sounds great, going here and there.  Perhaps I would need to change islands every couple of weeks.  I seem to have a two week tolerance for islands, always looking for more and more to see and do.

Being an ambassador would be great, because again, I'd get to see so many different things (and make the world a better place, too!)

Dara, I meant to mention that I bet a lot of women would love to be a model, as well.
    « Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:01:39 am by Lee44 »

Success!! - ! 

How I work from home.

Offline Keith Blenman

• Michigan
      • View Profile
      • This Worthless Life
    Back in the eighties I spent six months working in the Whitsunday Islands. I was living on a ketch in the Coral Sea, had been for a year or two and I met a guy who ran a water taxi service. He was Greek and hadn't been home to visit family for five years. One thing led another as often happens, and I agreed to run the taxi service for six months. I moored my ketch in the inner harbour at McKay and moved into his home/office at Black's Beach. It was one of the most rewarding jobs that I have ever had. Not financially, though you make a good enough living to raise a family - pay off a mortgage etc., but in a sheer pleasure sense. All day and half the nights running between the mainland and the various islands. (Half the passengers were girls in bikinis - that wasn't hard to take.) I finished a book that I had been working on during the quiet periods and had fun during the busy times. I often think of that time with nostalgia. I still sail, but nothing seems as much fun as running a taxi between all the island resorts plus occasional day dive trips to the Great Barrier Reef.

I thought about staying there but I was part way through a degree and had a girlfriend (now my wife) waiting down south. We still go back for holidays and sail around the area again.

That sounds absolutely wonderful! The sort of living everybody always wished they had but didn't know it.

Offline Tensejim

• Pigeon Forge, TN
      • View Profile
      • Jim Ellis' Gifted Blog
    I would be an all powerful Genie immune to bottles.  = )
    I love to write. You love to read. A match made in heaven!  = )

Offline Lee44

• View Profile
    Ahhhh.  An all powerful genie that is not forced to live eternity in a bottle . . . sounds incredible!  That way you could be anything that you wanted to be, at any time.

Success!! - ! 

How I work from home.

Offline Tensejim

• Pigeon Forge, TN
      • View Profile
      • Jim Ellis' Gifted Blog
    Ahhhh.  An all powerful genie that is not forced to live eternity in a bottle . . . sounds incredible!  That way you could be anything that you wanted to be, at any time.

Yeah, I paid attention when I watched Aladdin hehe
     ;)
    I love to write. You love to read. A match made in heaven!  = )

Offline Marie S

• United Kingdom
      • View Profile
      • My Website
    Musician.

Offline HAGrant

• Pennsylvania
      • View Profile

Wonderful story.

I'd be an archeologist/anthropologist. Then I'd have an excuse to live in remote parts of the world and still get a paycheck.

Offline Lee44

• View Profile

Marie is in our entertainer category, a large one.  HA is our first scientist, I think.  But the world traveler aspect is a shared theme.

Success!! - ! 

How I work from home.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement