Author Topic: Swagbucks!  (Read 1626333 times)  

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Swagbucks 2013!
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2013, 06:22:39 pm »
Well, that sucks! Sorry! :(

Well, not your fault.  I just don't want to give third party access to my Starbucks account password since that's linked to my CC for adding to my giftcards.

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline bkworm8it

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
    « Reply #151 on: January 14, 2013, 06:23:27 pm »
    Link wanted me to log onto my actual bank account. Wouldn't take gift card info. Said to log onto my bank account as if I was truly logging into my checking account :(  Not going to do that no matter what they promise!!
    So many good books, so little time!

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #152 on: January 14, 2013, 08:36:14 pm »
    SBTV Mobile problem the last couple of days: it keeps logging me out for some unknown reason & I go for who knows how many unnoticed rounds before I realize the 'meter' is telling me I need to be logged in. Each time I re-log in, I always check 'keep me logged in'.

Anyone else had this problem recently?
    Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
      • Aprille's Swag Bucks Help Blog
    « Reply #153 on: January 15, 2013, 06:54:31 am »
    Carol - are you using the Android app? There have been lots of complaints the last few days about a Discover Card ad that seems to be hanging up the Android app and/or logging them out. I've been using the iOS app for the last week or so because it's just easier without all the interactive ads to deal with. Although they are starting to introduce them to the iOS app too which, of course, we all knew they would. But I only get a couple today.

I did see a post this morning saying the Discover Card ad is gone so maybe it's running more smoothly today. I haven't started mobile yet. Maybe I'll start out with the Android app on my Fire to see how it's running.
    Aprille's Swag Bucks Help Blog
    Want to earn Amazon gift cards for free?! Click above to find out how to win digital dollars from Swag Bucks and sign up today to start winning!

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #154 on: January 15, 2013, 07:00:46 am »
    I've been using the iOS app for the last week or so because it's just easier without all the interactive ads to deal with. Although they are starting to introduce them to the iOS app too which, of course, we all knew they would. But I only get a couple today.

What's the deal with the interactive ads?  On the iOS app, I see them every now and then, but by the time I notice them, they go away on their own...

Betsy

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #155 on: January 15, 2013, 08:16:55 am »
    What's the deal with the interactive ads?  On the iOS app, I see them every now and then, but by the time I notice them, they go away on their own...

Betsy

Have you gotten the white screen with X in the upper right-hand corner and "timeout" in the upper left-hand corner? I don't think that one will go away unless you X out of it. I have been getting it a couple of times a day.

There are other actual ads that appear you need to "return to app" or press an X but they continue, for now. They are definitely working on it.

I've been using the iOS app lately mainly because it *had* much fewer ads in general. It would go 4 or 5 videos with no ads at all but they seem to be sneaking in more every day. I had an ad almost every video yesterday.

What category do you watch? I've been watching Food but I saw someone post yesterday that Health had shorter videos. It hasn't really mattered until now as I was FF'ing thru most of the videos anyway but now with more ads, I get distracted and forget to FF. :D
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:24:30 am by Aprille »
    Want to earn Amazon gift cards for free?! Click above to find out how to win digital dollars from Swag Bucks and sign up today to start winning!

Offline Kristan Hoffman

• Cincinnati, OH
      • View Profile
      • writing dreams into reality
    « Reply #156 on: January 15, 2013, 08:49:30 am »
    Interesting. When I use the mobile app on my iPad Mini, I've always had an ad followed by a video, ad followed by video, etc.

I do get the "Timeout" with the white X sometimes (more often recently, I feel like...).

And after someone here mentioned the Health videos being shorter, I switched to that category. I just let it run until it's maxed out -- usually 2-3 hrs? (The yoga videos have attracted some funny questions from my boyfriend, and whoever warned me about the weird laughing Indian guy is right! Scared the bejeezus out of me the first time. Then I just stopped paying attention.)
      Twenty-Somewhere
    Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo | Smashwords    

3 best friends tackle work, love & life after college. 

www.kristanhoffman.com
      New House 5: How a dorm becomes a home

56 freshman + 1 RA face the ups & downs of a very special year.

www.newhouse5.com

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
    • K1, K2, KDX, K3, KFire, K4, KPW1, KFireHD, KV, KO
      • View Profile
    « Reply #157 on: January 15, 2013, 09:52:48 am »
    Carol, I was having trouble with SBTV Mobile on the Kindle Fire (Android) the past couple of days also. Not only logging me out, but also kicking me out of the program altogether. I hope Aprille's news about the Discover ad being gone are right; I've been running it for about 20 minutes, I think, and nothing bad has happened yet other than the usual interactive ad that I have to X out of.

Anyone else seen the RO 9SB coupon offer the past few days? It's disappeared for me, even early in the day.

And in general, the special offers have *sucked* for me the past few days. Hardly any videos, or any new offers, mostly just the same scammy-looking stuff.  Same for y'all?  Fat lot of good it does for them to keep prices decent on the GCs if they make it extremely difficult to earn the SBs to get them. I hoped at first it was just the weekend (even though it was still unusual for a weekend) but yesterday and so far today haven't been much better...
    Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
    KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #158 on: January 15, 2013, 09:56:27 am »
    i hadn't seen the RO coupon offer for a while, but i manage to grab it Sunday or yesterday.....

Offline Kristan Hoffman

• Cincinnati, OH
      • View Profile
      • writing dreams into reality
    « Reply #159 on: January 15, 2013, 09:59:23 am »
    And in general, the special offers have *sucked* for me the past few days. Hardly any videos, or any new offers, mostly just the same scammy-looking stuff.  Same for y'all? 

Yup. :'(
      Twenty-Somewhere

3 best friends tackle work, love & life after college. 

www.kristanhoffman.com
      New House 5: How a dorm becomes a home

56 freshman + 1 RA face the ups & downs of a very special year.

www.newhouse5.com

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #160 on: January 15, 2013, 10:16:22 am »
    Carol - are you using the Android app? There have been lots of complaints the last few days about a Discover Card ad that seems to be hanging up the Android app and/or logging them out. I've been using the iOS app for the last week or so because it's just easier without all the interactive ads to deal with. Although they are starting to introduce them to the iOS app too which, of course, we all knew they would. But I only get a couple today.

I did see a post this morning saying the Discover Card ad is gone so maybe it's running more smoothly today. I haven't started mobile yet. Maybe I'll start out with the Android app on my Fire to see how it's running.

I only have Android devices (no iThingys  :D ) I've got an original Fire & a Nexus 7. It was kicking me out on both.
    I almost always only do the Comedy vids (do actually wish they'd add some new ones sometimes!).
    I don't have interactive, white screen ads; I just get lots & lots of black screens where I have to back out; this is after a plain ad (no interactive options at all) plays. So maybe I just need to try another channel for a while.
    Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline Susan J

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #161 on: January 15, 2013, 10:26:05 am »
    I only have Android devices (no iThingys  :D ) I've got an original Fire & a Nexus 7. It was kicking me out on both.
    I almost always only do the Comedy vids (do actually wish they'd add some new ones sometimes!).
    I don't have interactive, white screen ads; I just get lots & lots of black screens where I have to back out; this is after a plain ad (no interactive options at all) plays. So maybe I just need to try another channel for a while.

That's the same for me.  It's taking much longer to reach goal lately and it makes me start wondering if it is finally time to break my addiction to sb.   ::)  Also SBTV seems to have longer ads and now takes at least 45 seconds into the video to credit.  >:(    My search wins this year have been both low credit and few and far between.

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #162 on: January 15, 2013, 11:27:15 am »

The problem the last few days has been with the Android app. They apparently have taken down the offensive Discover ad which was to blame.

The white screen with the X is in the iOS app and they are just now introducing the interactive ads to the iOS app.

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #163 on: January 15, 2013, 11:31:39 am »
    Anyone else seen the RO 9SB coupon offer the past few days? It's disappeared for me, even early in the day.

I should have mentioned this earlier. I didn't have it Sunday. Lately it hasn't appeared the first time I visited the RO wall so I would go ahead and do all the 1 & 2 sb offers (which have been few and far between since the first of the year!), go back to the homepage, back to RO and it would be there. Sunday, I never did find it.

Yesterday I couldn't find it either so I posted about it on the SB FB wall. It was suggested to try switching browsers. Went to IE, there is was. *shrugs* Today, first time I went to RO it was there (on FF) so I only missed one day but I want my 9 pennies! LOL! So, moral of the story is if you don't find it with one browser, switch to another.

• Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #164 on: January 15, 2013, 11:31:43 am »
    Have you gotten the white screen with X in the upper right-hand corner and "timeout" in the upper left-hand corner? I don't think that one will go away unless you X out of it. I have been getting it a couple of times a day.

Is that an interactive ad?  I figured it was just something that timed out.  I get it occasionally. 

I just play whatever comes up; I have all day.  It's less trouble than having to pay attention to it and fast forward and hit continue.  I guess I'll have to at some point but right now I just let it roll.

Betsy

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #165 on: January 15, 2013, 11:34:20 am »
    Is that an interactive ad?  I figured it was just something that timed out.  I get it occasionally. 

My best guess is that it is a test of interactive ads since you must interact with it to get the app running again...

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #166 on: January 15, 2013, 01:46:07 pm »
    Haven't been receiving notification email for this thread for a few days now.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, Legal Services Professional
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #167 on: January 16, 2013, 12:11:13 am »
    ***CODE ALERT***

worth 6 - expires 9:00am GMT (that's about 50 minutes away, I think)

Check the swidget

Then think about how many SB you'd get if you were the hourly winner x5 and search accordingly [don't assume where the search is, check the swidget! ;D ]

Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
    KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #168 on: January 16, 2013, 12:12:21 am »
    Oh, and if you're up to get the code, people on FB are reporting dubs search wins. I haven't tried yet, but did get a 17 for my first win. :)
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline Susan J

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #169 on: January 16, 2013, 10:59:32 am »
    Code alert!  FB for 3 till 11 PST

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #170 on: January 16, 2013, 11:54:26 am »
    The nine point coupon thingie is on RO today!

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #171 on: January 16, 2013, 12:54:31 pm »
    It actually finally showed up for me yesterday...but never credited.  It did credit today though.

Today is *such* a better day for me than yesterday. I crawled and scraped and begged my way to the goal yesterday. And today, at midnight bucks, I got more than yesterday's goal within 30 minutes and I hadn't even done Mobile plus I've gotten some more vids since I got on again. Much nicer! ;D
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #172 on: January 16, 2013, 01:50:50 pm »
    It actually finally showed up for me yesterday...but never credited.  It did credit today though.

Today is *such* a better day for me than yesterday. I crawled and scraped and begged my way to the goal yesterday. And today, at midnight bucks, I got more than yesterday's goal within 30 minutes and I hadn't even done Mobile plus I've gotten some more vids since I got on again. Much nicer! ;D

i didn't make yesterday's goal, but am over yesterday's goal already today.

sigh... whatever i get i get.  and i should be getting my last 5 dollar GC for the month tomorrow...

Offline Jaasy

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #173 on: January 16, 2013, 08:28:40 pm »
    Goal?  What's that.  This year stinks in the swagbucks category for me, probably because I'm still visiting my sister in TX.  Will be back home next week, maybe swagging will get back to normal for me.

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #174 on: January 17, 2013, 08:08:48 am »
    ***EASY SPECIAL OFFER ALERT***

worth 45 - TrialPay

Care dot com

Fill out the first page (does require physical address) then skip through 4 or 5 pages (I did select the type of care I was looking for - pet) until it gets to a page about how much it's going to cost. At that point it had credited for me.

Heard of problems with it crediting in FF and people having more luck with it in IE so I used IE. Some are saying they have to confirm their email but I didn't.

Good luck! Hope y'all can get it.

Oh, and that Plink offer I posted about the other day has apparently caught on to using the Walmart and other gift cards and have shut it down where you now have to actually use a bank account. I must have gotten in on the tail end of it. Sorry no one was else to take advantage of it. :(

KBoards.com

• Advertisement