Author Topic: An Echo in the Bone: Discuss Part Seven here  (Read 13577 times)  

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
Re: An Echo in the Bone: Discuss Part Seven here
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2010, 07:42:41 pm »
Yes hes wonderful, even when I come to bed a 3 AM cuz I couldnt put down my book.  I saw on her web page that she isnt going to be working on the next book until 2010.  I hope thats not true. :'( 

She's currently working on a Jamie and Claire graphic novel as well as Ellen and Brian's story. 

It's almost always four years between books.  I'm pretty sure it will be four years again. 

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline bookfiend

• LA, CA ish
      • View Profile
    « Reply #51 on: January 13, 2010, 08:02:21 pm »
    She's currently working on a Jamie and Claire graphic novel as well as Ellen and Brian's story. 

It's almost always four years between books.  I'm pretty sure it will be four years again. 

Yea, Im not holding my breath to deeply, and DH just pointed out to me that it is 2010.  Shes also working on the Outlandish companion part 2.  Guess we will all have time to reread the whole series.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #52 on: January 14, 2010, 07:43:07 am »
    Yea, Im not holding my breath to deeply, and DH just pointed out to me that it is 2010.  Shes also working on the Outlandish companion part 2.  Guess we will all have time to reread the whole series.

I try to read Outlander once a year, but not the whole series.  It's past time for me to start it again. 

The way DG writes is really weird.  She gets a thought for a good scene, writes it, and doesn't care if it's out of order or not.  Then she goes back and strings it all together.  She didn't do that in the original three books, and this mish-mash shows up in the quality of the last four. 

Still, it's Jamie and Claire (and young Ian) and I love them. 

KBoards.com

• Advertisement