Author Topic: Crime thriller based on real life events!  (Read 679 times)  

Offline jaim101

• Lancashire, UK
  • Author of crime thrillers set in Morecambe
    • View Profile
    • Stories from Morecambe
Crime thriller based on real life events!
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:09:31 pm »
Hi folks,

I can't tell you why because I don't know. But this week sales of my fact based crime thriller The Trust have really taken off (at least by my own standards). So, in the interests of maintaining this I've decided to make an effort and do some promotion. so, The Trust is set in Lancaster and the events that take place, the bodies being found, the murders, the setting, it's all real, it all happened. The killer is even based on a real US serial killer. The title, The Trust, is short for Primary Care Trust, which to those who don't know is basically the NHS in England. You can google most of the events after you've read the book for background, or find links on my blog. The reviews are all really good and it's priced to sell plenty.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:29:46 am by jaim101 »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not really a moderator. :)
      • View Profile
    Re: New book by that bloke from Morecambe, finally!
    « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 06:31:09 pm »

Welcome to KindleBoards, and congratulations on the book!  :)

This is just a friendly reminder that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
    Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline jaim101

• Lancashire, UK
      • View Profile
      • Stories from Morecambe
    Re: New book by that bloke from Morecambe, finally!
    « Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:56:47 am »
    Hi folks,

Don't know if it's as a result of posting on here but my new book is selling pretty well in the UK though not in the US as yet. The paperback is out now so hopefully this will help move things along. I've also submitted it to a couple of agents so fingers crossed.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Trust-ebook/dp/B00BAEH6GG/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1360612167&sr=1-3&keywords=jamie+sinclair

Offline jaim101

• Lancashire, UK
      • View Profile
      • Stories from Morecambe
    Re: New crime thriller from Jamie Sinclair, finally!
    « Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:41:48 am »
    Hi all,

The Trust has recieved it's first review today and I'm delighted to say it's a 5* one. For those who are interested here it is:

"I have read all of this author's books and, although most of them have been outside my usual genre of choice, I have enjoyed them all. Now this book IS my usual read so I started it knowing that it had a bit to live up to to satisfy me.
    And boy did it... Once again the characters came across so real that I reckon this author does more than his fair share of people watching! The background and description are kept to the right amount, enough to support the story but not too much that they take the reader's attention away from it.
    There are a few story-lines running through the book - multiple bodies unearthed, abuse in asylums, euthanasia and, if that wasn't enough, the author throws in a serial killer too. All these stories are quite major and there could have been a danger that there was too much going on in the book but the author manages very successfully to keep it balanced and juggles the stories throughout to give completely satisfactory conclusions.
    I am not sure if this is stand alone or if we will be seeing Rhiannon and Tom in future books, I for one would like that very much."

Offline jaim101

• Lancashire, UK
      • View Profile
      • Stories from Morecambe
    « Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 02:57:17 pm »
    Evening gang,

Just a quick reminder that my new crime thriller The Trust is available in Paperback and on Kindle. It's selling much better in the UK than the US but perhaps that's because it's about the NHS and is set in the north of England. But it's still a proper top notch crime thriller according to the review on Amazon.

Rude not to have a look.

Offline jaim101

• Lancashire, UK
      • View Profile
      • Stories from Morecambe
    « Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 07:00:57 am »
    Afternoon all,

The sun's shining here and view across the bay is spectacular. I woke up (at around midday) to find I'd received another 5* review of my new crime novel The Trust. It's only my second review so to me it's a big deal. That's why I've pasted it in below.

"This is a complex web of a story which centres on a North West of England hospital trust. An old mental hospital site is being redeveloped and corpses are turning up in quantity. One of the police on the case, and a young woman working for the Trust in the equipment store become involved with one another. They both have issues and back stories which make the relationship a rather dynamic one! Her mother was once a patient at this hospital. Young women in the town have been going missing over a period of a year or more. Police suspect a serial killer. As you can see, there's a huge amount going on in this story and it's well handled so that you aren't sinking into a morass of loose ends but their stories weave in and out of one another in a very engaging way.

Jamie Sinclair has a gift for creating characters you feel involved with. Love or detest them, there's a lot going on in their lives and you want to know more. I very much enjoyed reading this story. It was well paced and full of intrigue. I did actually guess the identity of the serial killer before the end but I admit I'd had several other candidates in mind before that one and I enjoyed seeing how and why he had turned out that way. The ending was great too. A five star read if ever there was one."

Offline jaim101

• Lancashire, UK
      • View Profile
      • Stories from Morecambe
    « Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 05:53:11 am »
    Afternoon all,
    The big news is we're getting a dog. Aside from that sales of my tidy new crime thriller The Trust are a bit slow this month. So, here's the blurb, you know what to do.

"In 1942, following experiments with Anthrax off the west coast of Scotland, a number of people on the mainland are infected and die. The bodies are taken away under cover of darkness.

In present day Lancaster the site of a former mental asylum, Moorcastle, is being redeveloped. The discovery of a body halts the work and leads to an investigation led by Detective Inspector Tom Ashton and his boss DCI Klavan. By the end of day one, a host of bodies has been uncovered leading to one of the biggest inquiries in the town's history and a media circus.

But the story quickly catches the attention of the Ministry of Defence and the bodies disappear, again under cover of darkness, with orders that the investigation be dropped.

Rhiannon Lily Saxby hates her name and her job. Her medical studies were cut short by a horrific car crash following a long shift at the hospital. Now she fills her days working at the Equipment Service for the Primary Care Trust. Her childhood was effectively ended when her mother was sectioned to Moorcastle Asylum, leaving her terrified of such institutions and delighted that the disused facility is being demolished.

As a medical student Rhiannon heard many stories about the abuse of patients in asylums and has long wondered if her own mother suffered while she was a patient but has never dared ask. Her world is further rocked when her manager hints that members of the Primary Care Trust may be taking the decision to end a patients life to ease their suffering.

The discovery of the body of a young woman keeps the media spotlight firmly fixed on the town and on DI Tom Ashton. DCI Klavan, Tom's boss, is also struck by similarities to another body found a year earlier in a neighbouring district, prompting speculation that a serial killer may be at work.

As the pressure on DI Tom Ashton to catch the killer increases it becomes clear that the Trust is at the heart of everything.

Can Rhiannon find evidence of patient abuse within the records of the Trust to support her suspicions?

Is there really a secret society operating within the Trust who are playing God with the lives of patients?

With the body count rising can Tom Ashton stop the serial killer before he strikes again?

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Trust-ebook/dp/B00BAEH6GG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

You can also click the books in my signature.

Offline jaim101

• Lancashire, UK
      • View Profile
      • Stories from Morecambe
    « Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 04:50:03 am »
    So we've got two breeders with new litters of Pointer puppies, born days apart. Both seem keen on us and both have sent pictures. We're going to meet the gang in about 4 weeks. Needless to say we're very excited.

Oh, and my books are all still available. My new crime thriller The Trust has sold a couple of copies in Germany this week. No idea why but very pleased.

Anyway, all reviews are good, they're all suitably cheap and you can buy them by clicking the books in my signature.

Offline jaim101

• Lancashire, UK
      • View Profile
      • Stories from Morecambe
    Hi gang,

It's been a while but then I've been a busy boy. Quick puppy update. We will be making our decision between two litters, one in Melton Mowbray, one in Accrington, next weekend and the new arrival will be with us 15th or 16th June.

Meanwhile, despite my lack of promo sales are good, particularly of my new book The Trust. I don't think you need me to repost the blurb, you're better than that. Suffice to say it's set in the Health Service in the UK and most of what happens actually took place (all the info can be found with a bit of a Google search). Links are in my signature but just in case here's the link to the US version of The Trust

Offline jaim101

• Lancashire, UK
      • View Profile
      • Stories from Morecambe
    « Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 04:07:21 am »
    Hi all,

Nice to see a bit of promo works occasionally. I had been a little bit slack recently but did some last weekend and today and I'm already off the mark in terms of Kindle sales this month. Because I don't sell loads I always have that bit of anxiety when the Kindle reports reset at the start of each month. It's aways a relief to see the first couple of sales.

In other news we've finally picked a puppy. An English Pointer called Ralph. He'll be joining the gang on the 15h June. Much excitement at this end.

Finally, since this is supposed to be about promo, all my books are available in all formats just by clicking the picture in my signature. The latest one is The Trust, the reviews are good so maybe that's the one to start with if you haven't read my stuff before.

Offline jaim101

• Lancashire, UK
      • View Profile
      • Stories from Morecambe
    Ralph is here!
    « Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 04:55:12 am »
    Hi all,

I know I'm supposed to promote my books here but you can see all the info you need on them via my signature or my blog. So instead I was going to post a picture of my new puppy, Ralph. Sadly this website doesn't do uploading direct from PC or indeed copy and paste so no picture I'm afraid. However, if you do want to see him, he's at Goodreads and on my blog!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement