Author Topic: Too Many eBooks  (Read 945 times)  

Offline Lee44

• Books Can Fuel Your Dreams!
    • View Profile
    • Free-Job-Search-Websites.com
Too Many eBooks
« on: February 22, 2013, 02:20:08 am »
Hi,

I have too many ebooks on my Kindle.  Is there a way to remove or hide the books so that they are not deleted, so that I have access to them at a later time, but so that they do not take up my Kindle bookshelf?

I have a Kindle Fire 7

Also, I seem to have to re-charge my Kindle everyday, if I read for an hour, or so.  What am I doing wrong?  I thought that I was supposed to get 8 hours out of this thing.  I purchased it in July 12.

Thanks for your help.
Killer Work from Home Jobs: 200 Fortune 500 & Legitimate Work at Home Jobs!

Success!! - ! 

If you want to work at home, there are 200 great Fortune 500, nationwide, worldwide, mid-sized & smaller companies that will hire you - make that dream come true!

How I work from home.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Super Moderators-5
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    Re: Too Many eBooks
    « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:50:40 am »
    The two things could be related. . . a lot of books -- like over half the memory used -- can mean response can be a bit sluggish. AND if there are even a very few books that aren't indexing properly, that can eat up battery life.

Of course, on the Fire, other things can impact battery life as well. . .if you spend a lot of time connected and on the web, for example.

You can remove any book from the device by touching and holding the icon and selecting the appropriate option that pops up.  It will not be deleted permanently from your Amazon account -- you can only do that via the Amazon website and Manage Your Kindle.  But it will no longer show when you select "device" in the books tab.  Similarly, you can remove the books from the carousel.

Depending on your preferences, it might be as easy to do a factory reset and then start reloading things.  You can do that by pulling down the menu and selecting 'device'.  From there you have a number of options, one of which is to reset to factory defaults.  You can also check your storage and see what, really, is filling up the memory.

To check battery usage, use one of the various free battery monitor apps, to see what's using the battery even when you think you've shut it down.  Here's a good one: And there's a Free version of it as well if you prefer
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline booklover888

• Near Loretto, PA
      • View Profile
      • Goodreads
    « Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 05:36:17 am »
    In addition to what Ann suggested, you may like to add this app, which I use.

http://www.amazon.com/Rechild-Inc-Advanced-Task-Killer/dp/B004SBULWE/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1361540089&sr=1-1&keywords=app+killer

That will show what is running and kill it with one tap!

(Make your own reading bar)
    My Devices - Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 6, Nexus 7.2, Kobo Glo & Glo HD

Offline Lee44

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 07:35:28 am »
    Wow!  Thank you both for your responses. 

I had no idea that having that number of books would be part of the problem.  However, when you think about it, it makes sense!

Can you please distinguish between removing books from the device and removing from the carousel.  I understand what removing from the device means, but what does remove from carousel mean (sounds the same to me)?  How is it different from removing from the device?

Thanks again!!  You are both appreciated!   ;D

Success!! - ! 

If you want to work at home, there are 200 great Fortune 500, nationwide, worldwide, mid-sized & smaller companies that will hire you - make that dream come true!

How I work from home.

Offline booklover888

• Near Loretto, PA
      • View Profile
      • Goodreads
    « Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 08:15:44 am »
    The carousel is kind of like a bulletin board. When you remove from Carousel, you unpin from the bulletin board. If it was downloaded to the Fire, it is still there. If it was not d/l then it is in your archive.

(Make your own reading bar)
    My Devices - Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 6, Nexus 7.2, Kobo Glo & Glo HD

Offline Lee44

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 08:21:00 am »
    Bless you!  I got it!

Have a great day.

Success!! - ! 

How I work from home.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement