Author Topic: Writing an article and could use some help with self-publishing income data  (Read 368 times)  

Offline Michael_J_Sullivan

• Fairfax, VA
    • View Profile
I've been writing articles for Amazing stories including: Don't Quit your Day Job where I explain the truth behind traditional publishing income.

I think one of the most "hidden" aspects about self-publishing is the thousands of authors that aren't Hocking, Locke, or Howey, that still earn well (most better than their traditionally published counterparts.  I'm about to write an article about the self-publishing side, and I think the Taleist survery (which is about the only thing "out there" regarding income) is very slanted toward "hobbyist" self-published authors, and not the "professional" self-published that frequent this board.

So, for those that are earning well, but still may not be household names please write me at michael (dot) sullivan (dot) dc (at) gmail (dot) com.  If you want me to use your name, I will, if you want to provide data anonymously I'll respect your privacy.

In particular anyone who has done both self and traditional I would love to hear the compare/contrast.

Thanks.

Wikipedia | Amazon | Twitter | Blog/Website |  Bundled Hollow World DRM-free ebooks with purchase of print or audio

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Michael_J_Sullivan

• Fairfax, VA
      • View Profile
    I've gotten some good input from folks - but still need more...as I said your contribution can either be cited or anonymously.  It's been a while since I was self-published and I'm not sure how the industry has changed since I left, so trying to get my finger on the pulse so that I don't misrepresent anything.
    Wikipedia | Amazon | Twitter | Blog/Website |  Bundled Hollow World DRM-free ebooks with purchase of print or audio

KBoards.com

• Advertisement