Author Topic: Paperwhite question  (Read 1127 times)  

Offline jruschme

• New Jersey
    • View Profile
Paperwhite question
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:22:36 am »
Does the Paperwhite share the quirk of the Fire where anything you buy shows up on the home screen, even if purchased from a different Kindle?

Thanks...
JR

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
    • Kindle Voyage Wi-Fi
      • View Profile
    Re: Paperwhite question
    « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 07:27:31 am »
    Nope. The PW works just like the other e-ink Kindles. The books will be in the Archive.

Offline Me and My Kindle

• One of Amazon's best-selling Kindle bloggers
      • View Profile
      • Throw in the Vowel
    « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 02:55:50 pm »
    I believe you can also customize your Kindle Paperwhite, so if you'd rather not see the covers of the books, you can change the style of your home page so it's showing just the titles and authors instead! :)

Co-author of the new game
                     "Throw in the Vowel"

One of Amazon's best-selling
              Kindle word games!

Now also available on Kindle PAPERWHITE!

Just released! Try it now!

A fun, challenging, and original new word game

Offline MrKnucklehead

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 04:36:00 am »

finally bought the Kindle Paperwhite, generally satisfied but wish it had color when clicking on a picture within a book...

I have two questions, I scanned thru Kindle guide but couldn't seem to find answers...

(1) is there any way to turn off Wifi when not needed other than turning on Airplane mode...I'm only getting about 3 days of battery life with screen at brightest with Wifi on....

(2) sometimes when I hit menu while reading the option for bookmarks/highlights is missing...how do I get to a 2nd screen that shows bookmarks???

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 05:47:47 am »
    1) If you have Airplane Mode on then wi-fi IS off - that's what Airplane Mode means. Even with wi-fi on and the light up high, I would expect you to get more than three days battery life - unless you're using the PW for quite a few hours every day? As you've only just got it and presumably have loaded some books on it, make sure there aren't any stuck indexing as that will use the battery up very quickly.

2)Within a book, from the menu, the option you need is "View Notes and Marks".
    Linda

Offline 7vn11vn

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 07:13:20 am »
    finally bought the Kindle Paperwhite, generally satisfied but wish it had color when clicking on a picture within a book...

I have two questions, I scanned thru Kindle guide but couldn't seem to find answers...

(1) is there any way to turn off Wifi when not needed other than turning on Airplane mode...I'm only getting about 3 days of battery life with screen at brightest with Wifi on....

(2) sometimes when I hit menu while reading the option for bookmarks/highlights is missing...how do I get to a 2nd screen that shows bookmarks???

Amazon says you should get around 30 hours with the light on around 10 and wifi off, so if you're reading a lot of hours a day with the light up all the way and wifi on, then it's probably working the way it should.

Offline MrKnucklehead

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 07:41:03 am »
    1) If you have Airplane Mode on then wi-fi IS off - that's what Airplane Mode means. Even with wi-fi on and the light up high, I would expect you to get more than three days battery life - unless you're using the PW for quite a few hours every day? As you've only just got it and presumably have loaded some books on it, make sure there aren't any stuck indexing as that will use the battery up very quickly.

2)Within a book, from the menu, the option you need is "View Notes and Marks".

re: "View Notes and Marks"...I like to read in Landscape mode, if you hit Menu the bottom three:
    View Notes and Marks...Reading Progress...Settings
    are on a 2nd screen...how do you get to the 2nd screen???

Offline Dragle

• K3, PW, Fire (orig), Fire HD 8.9, Fire HD 6
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 09:44:00 am »
    re: "View Notes and Marks"...I like to read in Landscape mode, if you hit Menu the bottom three:

Will the menu scroll if you swipe on it? I have had to do that on the Go To menu.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 11:38:42 am »

As Dragel says, if you swipe upwards on the menu, the bottom options should scroll into view.
    Linda

KBoards.com

• Advertisement