Author Topic: Borsa Bella Kindle Bag, Hobo Bag, and Gadget Bag Review by Cobbie, A Bag Junky  (Read 11281 times)  

Offline 5495

• View Profile
Old Self
Im a bag junky. Not purses, just totes and small bags. Think cosmetic promotional bags. You know. Youve been there. Admit it. Weve probably stood shoulder-to-shoulder at the same cosmetic counter trying to figure out what purchase to make that will get us over that magic mark for that cute little bag with its sometimes useless contents. Ive been collecting these for years and most have served me well. Recently I had an epiphany and decided I didnt need these anymore so I packed them up and took them to Goodwill vowing never to go down that black hole again. Then came the phone call from the department store (cant imagine why they would call me) asking me if I was interested in a cosmetic companys latest promotion offering a bag with the Eiffel Tower stamped on it. I stayed strong and politely declined. A few days later I noticed an ad in the paper for that same bag and after my eyes glazed over for a few seconds while visions of Gay Paree danced in my head, I came to my senses and turned the page. That pesky ad kept popping up in my morning paper and in a moment of weakness I once again found myself standing at the cosmetic counter salivating over that cute bag. Of course, I bought it. What? Did you actually think Id go to the store and not buy it? That is so not me.

New Self
That is all in the past, however, because I got a Kindle and no self-respecting Kindle of mine will go unclothed. I bought a skin, a cover and a bag. Not just any bag, but a Borsa Bella bag (sigh), Im in love.

Borsa Bella Kindle 2 Bag
I had read the reviews on KB and ordered a K2 bag. When it arrived in all its splendor I was smitten. I expected a nice bag, but this, by far, exceeded my expectations. On the surface it sounds like any other ordinary bagrectangle in shape, cotton fabric, padded, zippered, a convertible strap to be used either as a wristlet or a handle, blah, blah. But this, my friends, is no ordinary bag. The quality in craftsmanship is unsurpassed and Melissas attention to detail is superb. Not only is the pattern I chose, in my opinion, elegant, but the fabric is soft and smooth to the touch. The zipper glides without a glitch and without snagging either on the bag or on clothes. There is not a pucker or pull on the bag and with its fine stitching it fits the K like a glove. No, this is no ordinary bag by any means.

Medium Hobo Bag
Having decided my bagged K needed its own bag (remember my fondness for bags?) I ordered the Medium Hobo Bag, along with a Large Gadget Bag for accessories. Oh, the love just never ends. The Hobo has a zippered top and a detachable, adjustable strap with swivel clips that can be worn either on one shoulder or across the chest. It rides nicely either way. The interior of the Hobo has three large pockets, one pen slip pocket, and a key fob and the outside has an additional zippered pocket. I wont go into the details of the interior fabric, just take my word for it that you wont be disappointed. Again, it is of excellent quality, not to mention the stylish pleated design on the outside.

Large Gadget Bag
The Large Gadget Bag is not only cute but is the perfect size for small items, such as, book lights, chargers or batteries. It has a zippered top with the same convertible strap as the Kindle bag. The outside zippered pocket will hold my extra light batteries comfortably. Its the perfect size for all those little things fighting for survival at the bottom of your purse.

How Everything Fits Together
My Kindle with its Oberon cover and BB bag fits into the opening of the Medium Hobo both horizontally and vertically, but more easily vertically. Without the BB bag it slides in nicely either way. I prefer to put my BB-bagged K into the Hobo vertically. The Large Gadget Bag containing my Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 then nestles nicely next to it. The interior pockets and main cargo area hold my charger and other items I might need for my outing. For those of you  planning to use the Hobo as a purse, as it is designed to be used, you will find it can easily accommodate a Kindle 1 or 2, book light, wallet, phone, PDA, travel cosmetics, keys and other miscellaneous items without which you absolutely cannot leave home. Its that roomy.

Customer Service
Melissa gives customer service a whole new meaning. She promptly answers emails and her undivided attention makes you feel as if you are her only customer, which I know is not true. Not only does she give you a quality product, but she treats you the way she herself would like to be treated. That says a lot in this day and age of declining customer service. Her delivery time is lightning fast and she will take custom orders. She has a great selection of styles and sizes of bags and lovely fabrics from which to choose, all washable, by the way, but if you have a fabric you would prefer to use she will accommodate you nicely. I highly recommend her bags and look forward to dealing with her again in the future. When I look at my Ks ensemble I get that Ahhh feeling and thats enough for me.

So itsGoodbyyye, cosmetic promosHellooo, Borsa Bella.

Borsa Bella Kindle Bag

Borsa Bella Gadget Bag

Borsa Bella Hobo Bag

Here are the links to Borsa Bella Design Co.:
http://www.borsabella.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5172147

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:34:07 pm by Cobbie »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
    • 'just enough clouds to create a beautiful sunset
      • View Profile
    Wow, great review, Cobbie! Makes me want to buy a hobo bag, and I'm a guy! I may need to look for some camo fabric or something. ;)
    A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
    Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the
    engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair. Annie Dillard

Located just outside Little Rock, Arkansas

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
    • 'just enough clouds to create a beautiful sunset
      • View Profile
    If it was a black dog, Its a standard Poodle, I also have a dachshund and a rat terrier.
    A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
    Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the
    engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair. Annie Dillard

Located just outside Little Rock, Arkansas

Offline julip

• My sweet English Staffy, aka "The Nanny Dog"
      • View Profile
    Hi Cobbie - like I said in another thread, your review pushed me over my indecision to get a couple more Borsa Bella bags! Thought I'd share them since you are responsible. lol. Melissa crafted a beautiful medium hobo with a custom interior for me - I requested charlotte's web on the outside and elegant black & white on the inside. I also ordered a large gadget in the elegant pattern. Love! The charlotte's web is actually very black - the 2nd picture came out much lighter than the first for some reason, though it shows off the subtle pattern well. Thanks again for the great review, and I hope you are enjoying yours as well!

Offline elbereth

• Northern VA
      • View Profile
    Cobbie - you should check out the BorsaBella website now.  I just went there after reading your review, and she's got new cosmetic bags that are beautiful, and the profits support an organization that helps women in Africa.  You could combine your old and new obsessions, and get good Karma to boot!

Offline angelad

• View Profile
    Its kinda sporty, I like that, but I think its a bit overpriced.

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
    Not really designed for a guy, but nice
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." David Brinkle

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
    • Kindle Voyage Wi-Fi
      • View Profile
    This was a bad, bad thread that I came across the other day.... Bad thread.  ::)

I ordered the medium hobo with the Charlotte's Web exterior and the Twilight K2 bag.  Do I NEED another bag? Er, well... NO. I was finally satisfied with a decent size black leather Coach purse and matching wallet. While my K2 would fit okay in the bag, I wanted to have a little more room - although I'm not sure how often I will be bringing my K2 with me anywhere.  (But at least I will be prepared!!!)

*sigh* I should really rethink reading posts on this forum. :)

I can hardly wait for the Bella bags to arrive.... plus the M-Edge fuschia cover!! (And the Decal Girl skin.)

I'm going to have to find new homes for all of my other Fossil and Coach purses. I literally have a metal rack set up in our basement with them all lined up -- four shelves' worth - and amazingly, pretty much all black.

Seriously though, this was a great thread! I liked seeing photos that other people have taken of these items.

:)

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    KIm, I agree this was a BAD BAD thread to come across. To take it further, I discovered a few days ago that Borsa Bella and I live in the same town! I can do touchy feely smelly experience before buying! I agree with Cobbie that CS is over the top. I have had a few e-mails from Michelle that make me feel I am her only customer......and I haven't even ordered a thing yet. My Kindle, cover, light, skin, are due to arrive next week. I want to get them all together to go choose my new bag. I hadn't even considered the hobo bags yet, but Cobbie's modeling pictures make it a done deal, right? I have been considering the travel bag to hold everything, but will check out measurements when my gear gets put together and is ready to go out on the town.

I am also a BAG junky! Mostly Coach, Dooney and Burke, and most recently TANO. I have seen some Borsa Bag hobos in a local store, but didn't realize they were made locally. I made the comment "nice bags" before my husband pulled me off.

Cobbie, thanks for the modeling pictures. Have you added and more BB stuff to your collection since that first post?
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement