Author Topic: Just saw Nicholas Sparks' newest movie "The Last Song"  (Read 803 times)  

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
    • View Profile
    • Kindle Screensavers
Just saw Nicholas Sparks' newest movie "The Last Song"
« on: October 15, 2009, 12:36:54 am »
Living in Los Angeles, we have the opportunity to attend test screenings of upcoming films every once in a while. Tonight, my wife and I, along with our oldest daughter, son and his girlfriend, went to see "The Last Song" based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks.

I haven't read the book, or any of his books, for that matter. In fact, I haven't even seen any of the movies based on his novels, either. We all really enjoyed the film. The packed theatre also seemed satisfied, as they applauded for a good minute or two once the end credits began. The film stars Miley Cyrus and Greg Kinnear, and both gave very good performances, particularly Greg Kinnear. I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't read the book, so I won't talk about the story here. The look of the film was fairly polished, although the audio track was obviously at an early stage and had a lot of work left to complete.

According to IMDB, the film is scheduled for US release April 2nd, 2010.

Edit: Just found this year old article that says Nicholas Sparks wrote the novel and the screenplay simultaneously, with Miley Cyrus in mind for the main character.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:40:34 am by 911jason »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline sjc

• (Member 153)
      • View Profile
    Re: Just saw Nicholas Sparks' newest movie "The Last Song"
    « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 02:08:36 pm »
    Interesting.  Mr. Sparks is such a talented writer.  His stories are beautiful...mostly sad, but beautiful none the less.
    Fight the Battle-Win the War

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • Kindle Screensavers
    Re: Just saw Nicholas Sparks' newest movie "The Last Song"
    « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 04:02:06 pm »
    This one was definitely sad, but not mostly sad... =)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement