Author Topic: 35% Off on Premade Covers (Weekend Sale) - RockingBookCovers.com  (Read 41402 times)  

Online RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
Re: Rocking Book Covers - Dark, Gritty, Different.
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2013, 10:53:19 am »
Nice work as usual Adrijus. Your covers are awesome. They caught my eyes perusing Amazon thrillers before I even knew they were your covers.

Great idea on the guide, book cover design is a subject that can be quiet intimidating for writers. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks Alan! Appreciate it! ;)

Yeah, I hope this will help out a lot. It will be available for download free so I hope lots of authors will get it.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Decon

• View Profile
      • Declan Conner, Blog
    Re: Rocking Book Covers - 15 New Premade Covers Added on 1st of June!
    « Reply #51 on: November 15, 2013, 02:11:15 pm »
    I was looking at some of these and they made me want to write a story just so I could buy one.  :)

Ha, I already have. It's a good thing I came across the site because I have a story I had titled "Lethal Journey" and was coming close to publishing, so I have changed my title.

Either of his covers for Wayward Journey, or Lethal Journey would have been ideal, especially the Wayward Journey, where the person seems to be walking a road between a border crossing.

Scorpion ebooks: Full length  thrillers with a sting in the tale. All enrolled in KU & Prime.
    Declan Conner | blog

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #52 on: November 15, 2013, 02:16:01 pm »

Ha, I already have. It's a good thing I came across the site because I have a story I had titled "Lethal Journey" and was coming close to publishing, so I have changed my title.

Either of his covers for Wayward Journey, or Lethal Journey would have been ideal, especially the Wayward Journey, where the person seems to be walking a road between a border crossing.

Haha.. wow. It's a great title, I'm surprised it wasn't published before!

Those two are in my all-time favorites. Wayward Journey is still probably no.1.   

Online Decon

• View Profile
      • Declan Conner, Blog
    « Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 02:43:03 pm »

Yeah it is a great title, but I'm happy with my new one. But yeah, Wayward Journey is cool. I have mocked up a cover and posted it on my blog, but it screams self-designed. At some stage I'm, going to need a cover designing and looking at these, I may just take the plunge here.

http://declanconner.com/

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:06:40 pm by Decon »

Scorpion ebooks: Full length  thrillers with a sting in the tale. All enrolled in KU & Prime.
    Declan Conner | blog

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #54 on: November 15, 2013, 03:48:01 pm »
    Yeah it is a great title, but I'm happy with my new one. But yeah, Wayward Journey is cool. I have mocked up a cover and posted it on my blog, but it screams self-designed. At some stage I'm, going to need a cover designing and looking at these, I may just take the plunge here.

http://declanconner.com/

New one's pretty good too!

And yeah, cover needs help. Premade cover can be great start if you can find a match somewhere.

Offline Alan Petersen

• San Francisco, CA
    • I write high octane thrillers.
      • View Profile
      • High-Octane Action Thrillers from Alan Petersen
    Re: Rocking Book Covers - Dark, Gritty, Different. New Premades added!
    « Reply #55 on: November 20, 2013, 11:03:35 pm »
    I've been writing a pulp serial (Friends Are Forever aka The Twighlight Manor Series)(a horror/sci-fi cross genre) since 1978 (there are over 200 stories in the series now). It's previously only been available in magazines and very limited run chap books. For the 35th anniversary I'm compiling the fan faves and re-releasing them as a series of short story collections (5 to 10 stories per volume depending on word count of each story), while adding new stories to each collection, as well. With ebooks in vogue now magazine/pulp sales have plummeted all across the board and most mags are out of business now. It's getting harder and harder to find mags that still print horror/sci-fi shorts any more, thus why the move to getting the series out of mags and onto Kindle. The series has never been available in book format (or ebook format) before, so this is a really big change.

Anyways, I've been looking for a cover artist for the series, but every where I looked nothing "matched" what I had in mind. Readers who know the series have a very specific idea about what it is, the feel of it, so I wanted to find that same gritty gothic cyber punk horror sort of feel for the cover art. Your work is the most amazing I've seen, it is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I'm so definitely using your covers for the series.

Becoming the best horror writer in the world is my goal, so looks like we can strive for this together...just ordered 9 covers btw.  :P

Nice! Keep us posted on those covers and when your ebooks are available for purchase, sounds like great stuff.
    Alan Petersen - High-Octane Thrillers -  Author Interview Podcast

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    Re: Rocking Book Covers - Dark, Gritty, Different. New Premades added!
    « Reply #56 on: November 21, 2013, 09:01:42 am »
    I've been writing a pulp serial (Friends Are Forever aka The Twighlight Manor Series)(a horror/sci-fi cross genre) since 1978 (there are over 200 stories in the series now). It's previously only been available in magazines and very limited run chap books. For the 35th anniversary I'm compiling the fan faves and re-releasing them as a series of short story collections (5 to 10 stories per volume depending on word count of each story), while adding new stories to each collection, as well. With ebooks in vogue now magazine/pulp sales have plummeted all across the board and most mags are out of business now. It's getting harder and harder to find mags that still print horror/sci-fi shorts any more, thus why the move to getting the series out of mags and onto Kindle. The series has never been available in book format (or ebook format) before, so this is a really big change.

Anyways, I've been looking for a cover artist for the series, but every where I looked nothing "matched" what I had in mind. Readers who know the series have a very specific idea about what it is, the feel of it, so I wanted to find that same gritty gothic cyber punk horror sort of feel for the cover art. Your work is the most amazing I've seen, it is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I'm so definitely using your covers for the series.

Becoming the best horror writer in the world is my goal, so looks like we can strive for this together...just ordered 9 covers btw.  :P

Wow.. incredible milestone! I'm honored to be a part of it. You've set the record of most covers bought at once too! I really hope they will do great.

I'd be very happy to help out as much as I can for such goal! ;)

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    Re: FREE GUIDE added! Rocking Book Covers - Dark, Gritty, Different.
    « Reply #57 on: November 22, 2013, 11:06:30 am »
    If you've been unsure about who to hire for the book cover design, here is a short, free guide that features these topics:

Things to expect from a book cover designer
    Pricing ranges
    Signs of bad book covers
    What good book covers have in common
    Premade cover pros and cons

http://www.rockingbookcovers.com/get-great-book-cover-free-guide/

Download it and if you have any more questions feel free to ask me at info(@)rockingbookcovers.com !

Offline Rufus Beerman

• Portland, ME
      • View Profile
      • MJColucci.com
    « Reply #58 on: November 22, 2013, 11:56:26 am »
    Hey, I just noticed that my cover is one of your featured covers! Awesome! I can't wait to get it out there. Allllllllllllmost done!

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #59 on: November 22, 2013, 02:52:39 pm »
    Hey, I just noticed that my cover is one of your featured covers! Awesome! I can't wait to get it out there. Allllllllllllmost done!

Yup! And I'm looking forward to the 2nd one when the time comes! Keep me updated on the book release! ;)

Offline Rachel Aukes

• View Profile
    « Reply #60 on: November 22, 2013, 03:22:44 pm »
    Wow, your covers freakin' rock. Love 'em. So many ebooks out there just have images (usually a person or couple) slapped on top of another image. Yours are truly professional.

*scribbling down your contact info*

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #61 on: November 22, 2013, 03:54:11 pm »
    Wow, your covers freakin' rock. Love 'em. So many ebooks out there just have images (usually a person or couple) slapped on top of another image. Yours are truly professional.

*scribbling down your contact info*

Thank you Rachel!! A ton! That's awesome to hear!  ;D

Hope your books are doing well!

Offline NathanHaleJefferson

• View Profile
      • Abundant Future Media
    « Reply #62 on: November 22, 2013, 04:55:26 pm »

Now if only that lazy author could get the next book out - the fans said they liked book #2's cover more than #1.  :D
    The Wayward Journey, Available at Amazon! http://amzn.to/14Yg5bi

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #63 on: November 22, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »
    Now if only that lazy author could get the next book out - the fans said they liked book #2's cover more than #1.  :D

Yeah, that's what I say!!! :D And no, #1 all the way! :P

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #64 on: December 04, 2013, 08:01:38 pm »
    Here are some of recent covers I've finished up in last few weeks, one for fellow KBoards member and 4 for a small new Publisher in NY.

Hope you guys like them.

Planning to release some new premade covers on weekend or next week, about time to do so but I'm swamped at the moment.

Created a Facebook Fanpage where you can ask questions if you need about book cover design, check it out and join ;)

www.facebook.com/rockingbookcovers
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:06:39 pm by RBC »

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #65 on: January 01, 2014, 11:47:19 am »
    Happy New Years!!!! Hope KBoards will have great 2014!

Here are 10 new premade covers this week. There were 12 but 2 are gone already - Alive and Search are bought.

Best wishes,
    Adrijus

Offline Pauline Creeden

• Virginia
      • View Profile
      • Pauline Creeden
    Re: 10 New Premades added! Rocking Book Covers - Dark, Gritty, Different.
    « Reply #66 on: January 01, 2014, 01:27:35 pm »
    Nice! Heading over to the site to take a peek :)

Offline GearPress Steve

• Florida
    • Trust in Christ
      • View Profile
      • GearPress.com
    « Reply #67 on: January 01, 2014, 01:49:44 pm »
    RBC:

Listen, I tend to do my own covers because I can play around with them and get them just where I want them. Therefore, I don't usually buy premade covers, but I just wanted to take the time to tell you that I absolutely LOVE your work. These are, for me, some of the most outstanding premade designs I've ever come across. Your covers truly evoke an emotional response from me.

I've already sent two other writers to check out your site today, and I hope that translates into some sales for you. I may even have to start re-thinking my DIY cover strategy and buy one of yours next time!

Steve

Buy Now
    Connect with us:

GearPress.com
    on Twitter
    Facebook

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #68 on: January 02, 2014, 01:53:05 pm »
    RBC:

Listen, I tend to do my own covers because I can play around with them and get them just where I want them. Therefore, I don't usually buy premade covers, but I just wanted to take the time to tell you that I absolutely LOVE your work. These are, for me, some of the most outstanding premade designs I've ever come across. Your covers truly evoke an emotional response from me.

I've already sent two other writers to check out your site today, and I hope that translates into some sales for you. I may even have to start re-thinking my DIY cover strategy and buy one of yours next time!

Steve

Wow! Thank you very much Steve! Feedback like this is one of the best things about doing this! Awesome! Thank you very much for showing my site to others too, if you ever decide to buy a cover from me, I'll give a discount for it! ;)

@Pauline Cheers! Hope you liked some of those!:)

@Emily Awesome! Thank you! ;)

Offline P.A. Woodburn

• washington
      • View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: January 02, 2014, 08:25:54 pm »
    Great covers. I've bookmarked.

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #70 on: January 03, 2014, 01:55:26 pm »
    Great covers. I've bookmarked.

Cheers! Hope you'll find something you like in future! ;)

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    25 new premades added today! Over a 100 available now.

www.rockingbookcovers.com/premade-covers

Offline Alan Petersen

• San Francisco, CA
    • I write high octane thrillers.
      • View Profile
      • High-Octane Action Thrillers from Alan Petersen
    Congrats on having the Wall Street Journal pick one of your Russell Blake covers to feature in their article about Russell! Since he has over 25 book covers and only three featured in the article (including your cover), it speaks volumes on your talents (IMO).
    Alan Petersen - High-Octane Thrillers -  Author Interview Podcast

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    Congrats on having the Wall Street Journal pick one of your Russell Blake covers to feature in their article about Russell! Since he has over 25 book covers and only three featured in the article (including your cover), it speaks volumes on your talents (IMO).

Thank you, this came out of the left field and was awesome surprise. Very grateful for it! Glad to see that indies get recognition and I was small part of it. Hoping many more articles like that will come out in 2014! :)

Online RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    Hello!!!

Posting a new batch of premade covers. Might be my second to last batch ever of premades ever.

http://www.rockingbookcovers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Newest.jpg

If you like any of them, let me know and it's yours!

Best,

Adrijus G.
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:17:15 pm by RBC »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement